GWT: World Cup - Group E (Spain and Japan Advance)

Who Advances?

• Germany

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 59 95.2%
  • Japan

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Which mistakes? I didn't even say anything about him but that he is unproven in comparison to Musiala which you corrected with that he's less proven. Fair enough.

I know Barca fans tend to ignore the truth but you are an europa league team again so nothing wrong with my comment lol. Spain is always a contender no matter what team they put together but of the usual contenders I may like this spain squad the least.

Yeah, a Europa League team that was in the CL the same season with CL caliber players who would walk into Germany’s squad not to mention starting XI. The squad had non-Barca players as well. Fact of the matter is it’s a good squad on paper.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, a Europa League team that was in the CL the same season with CL caliber players who would walk into Germany’s squad not to mention starting XI. The squad had non-Barca players as well. Fact of the matter is it’s a good squad on paper.
…the only Barca player who could crack Germany’s starting 11 doesn’t even play for Spain…

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
…the only Barca player who could crack Germany’s starting 11 doesn’t even play for Spain…

Well I’m talking the real World and not cgf’s fantasy World. And if you’re going to expand it to Barca players who don’t play for Spain the list grows even more. Again though, real World.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well I’m talking the real World and not cgf’s fantasy World. And if you’re going to expand it to Barca players who don’t play for Spain the list grows even more. Again though, real World.

lol you lost touch with the real world when Barca became a punchline

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sane is out, but otherwise, everyone else will be available for this one. Expecting some iteration of:

Havertz/Moukoko
Musiala/Havertz - Müller/Musiala - Hofmann/Gnabry
Kimmich - Gundogan/Goretzka
Raum - Süle/Schlotterbeck - Rüdiger/Kehrer - Kehrer/Süle
Neuer

- The left is what I think Flick will go with; Kai up front, Musiala on the left, Müller & Rüdi starting, with Kehrer at RB.
- The right is how I'd play it; Mouki up front, Musiala at the 10, Kai on the left, Schlotterbeck starting, and Süle at RB.
- Goretzka / Gundogan and Hofmann / Gnabry are genuine toss-ups; though I prefer Ilkay come off the bench.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
really sold that one.. i mean, two

penalties this MS have all been pretty simple, keepers take note

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Rudiger is Germany’s most valuable player.

I always feel bad for the writhing player when his own team gets the advantage on a great opportunity and he’s unaware.

It’s like he’s acting for an audience of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad