GWT: World Cup - Group D (France and Australia Advance)

Who Advances?

• France

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Denmark

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tunisia

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah but VVD isn’t carrying the defense anymore. Maybe Konate should be the one they depend on.
If you are asking me if LFC should sign another CB, I certainly wouldn’t be against that. But VVD, I need to see how he looks after the World Cup before putting him in the dumpster.

Honestly I think that they are going to be sinking so much money in the midfield I don’t know how much they are going to have to upgrade the other areas of the pitch, but summer 2024 it would not shock me if they spend big on a CB.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
If you are asking me if LFC should sign another CB, I certainly wouldn’t be against that. But VVD, I need to see how he looks after the World Cup before putting him in the dumpster.

Honestly I think that they are going to be sinking so much money in the midfield I don’t know how much they are going to have to upgrade the other areas of the pitch, but summer 2024 it would not shock me if they spend big on a CB.

I’m not saying they should dump him yet but i’m certainly saying he shouldn’t be the main guy in defense anymore. He could still be good if there is another guy stepping up and leading the way.

Which CB would it be in that case though?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m not saying they should dump him yet but i’m certainly saying he shouldn’t be the main guy in defense anymore. He could still be good if there is another guy stepping up and leading the way.

Which CB would it be in that case though?
I mean if VVD is Robben (see what I did there) and Konate is Batman, that is not too shabby. Ask me next fall and I will tell you what Cb would be good. Still too much time to pass. Gvardiol is a LFC fan though. That would be nice but doubt that’s happening

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I mean if VVD is Robben (see what I did there) and Konate is Batman, that is not too shabby. Ask me next fall and I will tell you what Cb would be good. Still too much time to pass. Gvardiol is a LFC fan though. That would be nice but doubt that’s happening

Gvardiol is one of few next generation CB:s that will be available. Maybe Timber also. We have Saliba and Chelsea bought Fofana. Not many left.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gvardiol is one of few next generation CB:s that will be available. Maybe Timber also. We have Saliba and Chelsea bought Fofana. Not many left.
For sure. But he might not make it to summer 2024 either. Lukeba from Lyon is very good but I am not sure that I love him in England. I was keeping my eye on Hincapie for Ecuador but he is very Joe Gomez to me. Inacio is interesting too. And these are just the Left footed guys. Obviously Gvardiol is pick of the litter though

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OK, so ref just told RMC Sport that a ref can't change a score after whistling the final whistle, which he did.
Cancelling that goal was simply not legal per FIFA rules.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Thats not international play though.

FIFA rules state that VAR cannot change a ruling after the play has restarted, which was done when the ref negated the goal for offside. Whether you agree with the offside ruling or not, the goal was awarded and play continued. Thats the issue.
Play very much did not continue

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Group D mvp is Mbappe

Group D XI is France and Mat Ryan

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lame for the french federation to file a complaint, as legitimate as it is.
Only positive is that the rule should be clear to all refs after that.
And it wasn't even an offside but that's another matter.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Ryan

Souttar (not a right back but too good to be left out and nobody was good at this position)
Christensen
Upamecano
Theo

Tchouaméni
Rabiot
Griezmann

Dembélé
Mbappé
Khazri

HM:Giroud, Behich, Duke, Leckie, Shkiri, Konate, Rowles, Talbi, Meriah, Msakni, Laidouni, Dahmen, Mooy, Hojberg

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Yeah Souttar has been impressive, was out for a year with an ACL injury then only played one game for Stoke before the WC.

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Where did you read about racism? Among other things, the article explains it well, they saved football in France. Great for the movement otherwise who knows what it would be like now, it's definitely a new and different France. The rooster is dead.
They're all born and raised. Give it up already.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Uh oh the archaic anti-immigration people who hate others because they're insecure about their own lives and talents are about to show up
I hope you're not including me just because I think it's important to acknowledge the reason behind the immigration even if I'm all for immigration happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad