GWT: World Cup - Group B (England and USA Advance)

Who Advances?

• England

Votes: 95 97.9%
  • United States

Votes: 59 60.8%
  • Wales

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Iran

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
i guess so? USA still hasn’t shown they are good. Denmark was a semi finalist in the Euros. It’s clear that (in Hindsight now obviously) Denmark was in a harder group too. I don’t think USA would have been a lock to get out of that group either, and the vast majority thought Denmark was a lock pre-tournament. Obviously this is fickle though
yeah those mighty Aussies and Tunisians, lmao

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
yeah those mighty Aussies and Tunisians, lmao
Better than Wales and Iran

I'd pick them over the squad they played today.

I'd pick them over the squad they played today.
You are welcome to do so, I don’t agree with that though and obviously that would have depended on when USA played France so I think that line of thinking is a bit flawed anyway

• Haha
Reactions: Basement Cat

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'll give you Mbappe, Benzema, Haaland, probably Lewandowski, KDB, Neymar but the rest are a real conversation and he beats out most there including Salah and Messi at this point of the latter's career. 40 goals and 13 assists since the start of 21/22 is superb considering the competition he plays in and the team he plays for.

I understand you're not criticising him as such, but Kane is likely to never get the respect he's due unless his teams win anything, the Giroux effect, I change my statement to a top 10 player overall, but he's still clearly England's best player.

To drag this up again, i'm not too big a man to admit when i'm wrong. Before this tournament i'd have taken Kane over Messi at this point in their relative careers but Leo's taken this to heart and proven me wrong in spades. Kane was great for England (except for one moment) but Messi has been unbelievable and proven he's still got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad