GWT: World Cup - Group B (England and USA Advance)

Who Advances?

• England

Votes: 95 97.9%
  • United States

Votes: 59 60.8%
  • Wales

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Iran

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Perhaps the most interesting group for many here, this group I believe is technically the Group of Death in terms of average highest FIFA ranking. But don't fact check me. Anything could happen in this group. England is certainly one of the most talented teams entering the competition and have had recent tournament success (although without any wins), but they are on a prolonged slump entering into the tournament. The United States, having missed the last World Cup, may be one of the youngest teams in the competition and are full with young talent, but key injuries and questionable coaching does not make their advance a sure thing. Meanwhile, Iran has talent, but is facing turmoil at home, while Wales has perhaps the best all-time player in the group, with Gareth Bale looking to carry Wales to victory again.

Key Players: Harry Kane (England), Bukayo Saka (England), Tyler Adams (USA), Christian Pulisic (USA), Gareth Bale (Wales), Aaron Ramsey (Wales), Sardar Azmoun (Iran), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Iran)

HomeAwayTime and Date (CST)Venue
EnglandIranMon., Nov. 21, 7:00 AMKhalifa International Stadium
United StatesWalesMon., Nov. 21, 1:00 PMAhmad Bin Ali Stadium
WalesIranFri., Nov. 25, 4:00 AMAhmad Bin Ali Stadium
England United StatesFri., Nov. 25, 1:00 PMAl Bayt Stadium
Iran United StatesTue., Nov. 29, 1:00 PMAl Thumama Stadium
WalesEnglandTue., Nov. 29, 1:00 PMAhmad Bin Ali Stadium

Reactions: Basement Cat

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
England and USA.

I really, really wanted to pick Iran and I think they could surprise, but ultimately I think the US find a way.

I don't see Wales as a threat at all.

Reactions: DaveG

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’ll be England and Iran unless Berhalter has a life epiphany

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1. England
2. USA
3. Iran
4. Wales

Iran have a better chance of advancing than Wales. Wales are one of the worst teams at the tournament.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Iran going through would have the potential to have repercussions beyond the world of sport, depending on what the team chose to do with it

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
England and USA to go through.

Rumoured team is
Kane
Sterling---------------Saka
Mount Bellingham
Rice
Shaw Maguire Stones Trippier
Pickford​

Walker and Maddison aren't ready after injuries.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Peacock is rubbish live. SNF has been terrible all season and WC is turning into the same. FOX has chosen morning programming over the early WC games and I cannot pick-up Telemundo on the digital rabbit ears. Mercifully all USA games are on FOX.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I feel awful for the keeper, all the work that goes into getting here and then his world cup could be over after 5 minutes. But they got to do the right thing for him.

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad