Dec 30, 2007
Sid got his ring today.

CHKtUsSXIAAp3O7.jpg

CHKt358UgAAKYuW.jpg

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This world championship thing... nobody cares. It's always a watered down tournament. Honestly I'm not even sure why they hold it. It's not really a true Olympic-type test or World Cup type test. By World Cup I mean the FIFA Corruption and Bribery Championships, brought to you buy Russian Oil Magnates and Middle-Eastern Sultans who light their cigars with money.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
This world championship thing... nobody cares. It's always a watered down tournament. Honestly I'm not even sure why they hold it. It's not really a true Olympic-type test or World Cup type test. By World Cup I mean the FIFA Corruption and Bribery Championships, brought to you buy Russian Oil Magnates and Middle-Eastern Sultans who light their cigars with money.

Lots of people care.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah that's a pretty ignorant post

Check out Malkin's photos post-game. Haven't seen the guy care that much since the Olympics. Sorry Penguins org.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
These were done up rather quickly. Usually the rings are presented (when we win) later on in the summer. Nothing identifying the year on the ring. Perhaps the jewelers will be doing more work on those babies. The junior team received their rings as well. Good year for the Maple Leaf. Now we just have to come back next year and repeat...adding a U18 gold as well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Casual fans don't typically care, but the players believe it's a big deal. Hell.... most adult league hockey players celebrate championships let alone a damn solid tournament

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's not a Stanley Cup or an Olympic gold, but it's still important to the players involved.

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
The IIHF world championship tournament ranks somewhere below the Olympics but above the Stanley cup and other national/regional championships. In other words, I'll watch if I have nothing better to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad