GDT: Working Vacation. Oilers v Blues 10 PM Rio Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
betting on brown to score, hopefully 97 can bank one off his leg

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Tonight is the night!!!
Brown will score the 91st goal of his career. First since March 24 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_3264.gif
    IMG_3264.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
$100 on Brown scoring a goal tonight. Some may say it’s a dumb bet…I will bet them $100 they’re right!
Do it:thumbu:

Edit: apparently it is the night he scores a goal because play Alberta won’t let you make that bet today!!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yuck. Over a 20 game stretch that they've gone 18-2, they've been granted 1 power play or less 6 time (30%) and 2 or less power plays 12 time (60%). 6 times in 20 games they've had 2 minutes or less of powerplay time (a lot of them have been getting shortened by evening up).

Whereas the opposition over these 20 games has only 3 times had 1 power play or less (15%), and 6 times 2 or less (30%)

Only 4 times has Edmonton had more powerplays than the opposition in those 20 games.

That's crazy. You'd think a team on a dominant run like that would be drawing more penalties than they are taking.
Game management. There is absolutely no question in my mind that this is a major thing in the NHL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Game management. There is absolutely no question in my mind that this is a major thing in the NHL.

That's actually so laughably blatant. The NHL doesn't have "referees" like other sports. They have "game managers" that will try to handicap the game one way or another.

They shouldn't even be called referees, it's an inaccurate title description for what they actually do.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Since the streak began the Oilers have the third fewest pp per game at 2.52. The median is a hair under 3. Pittsburgh is tops with 4.00.
It gets even more ridiculous when you consider the Oilers are one of the more dynamic offenses in the league who are consistently near the top in shot and chance generation. That usually means teams are committing more infractions against you but not in the case of the Oilers.

It gets even more farcical when you actually watch Mcdavid play. The guy is just an absolute force and the threshold for a an infraction against Mcdavid is far higher then even other elite players in the league.

Reactions: Duke74 and TB12

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The problem with making a winning GDT is you have to make the next one and I’m on vacation but finally have decent internet, it’s pouring rain and foggy out and I am chilling out in the hotel room right now with a bit of time to spare so I guess I’ll muster up the energy to get this GDT done in quickie format and hopefully preserve the Oilers winning ways two ina row.

Edit - for some reason all my pics / gifs aren’t posting….all that hard work down the toilet! :skeptic:

—————————————————————————

If Brown scores tonight I’ll eat my shorts. :nod:

St Louis was insane not to re-sign Pietrangelo and replace him with Krug. Surprised Armstrong hasn’t been fired yet just for that dumb move.

Well that’s about all I got today. The pool and umbrella drinks are waiting for me.

:partytime:

GD Music; Working Man - Rush

Fearless Prediction;

Oilers rock the Blues 6-2.

GDT don’t lose.

If anything, we need a player or 2 for the 4th line. I’m not sure what the identity is for that line as they are small, don’t hit, and can’t score. Brown and Janmark arguably shouldn’t even be in the league at this point.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It gets even more ridiculous when you consider the Oilers are one of the more dynamic offenses in the league who are consistently near the top in shot and chance generation. That usually means teams are committing more infractions against you but not in the case of the Oilers.

It gets even more farcical when you actually watch Mcdavid play. The guy is just an absolute force and the threshold for a an infraction against Mcdavid is far higher then even other elite players in the league.
The McDavid factor is the big one for me. He could probably legitimately draw 3 penalties by himself most nights. I never understood why the NHL tries to neuter their best players.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This isn't a team we typically do well against. It would be nice to score early and often to take the crowd out of it.

St. Louis is the only team left in the NHL that McDavid hasn't averaged at least one point per game and he's a full 3 points off pace in doing so.

It goes back to him playing them twice in his first week in the NHL. At some point he's going to break through. With three games against them in a short period here, hopefully it starts tonight.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Not sure what to expect from the Blues tonight. They are fighting for a wild card spot and yet they somehow lost to an AHL + Matthews team on Tuesday. Which naturally means they'll go all out against the Oilers.

Hopefully the Oilers start and finish strong. Need to stop playing only 1 period. Also need to get their strong defensive game back.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The problem with making a winning GDT is you have to make the next one and I’m on vacation but finally have decent internet, it’s pouring rain and foggy out and I am chilling out in the hotel room right now with a bit of time to spare so I guess I’ll muster up the energy to get this GDT done in quickie format and hopefully preserve the Oilers winning ways two ina row.

Edit - for some reason all my pics / gifs aren’t posting….all that hard work down the toilet! :skeptic:

If Brown scores tonight I’ll eat my shorts. :nod:

St Louis was insane not to re-sign Pietrangelo and replace him with Krug. Surprised Armstrong hasn’t been fired yet just for that dumb move.

Well that’s about all I got today. The pool and umbrella drinks are waiting for me.

:partytime:

GD Music; Working Man - Rush

Fearless Prediction;

Oilers rock the Blues 6-2.

GDT don’t lose.

Hey 5, No body wanted to see your vacation pictures anyway! ;)

GDT always wins! (Thanks).

Giver boys.

Tough game

Oilers win 14-0
How many of those does Brown NOT score?

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
McDavid hasn't ever had a really huge game against the Blues. Thinking he pops off once again tonight with another 4 points.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I still can't believe he did that. I get not liking the play and starting a scrum but he literally cross checked the guy in the head. What a dumb dumb.
Right? Challenging a guy to a fair fight is still ridiculous in that situation. Maybe he should have put that effort of having a conniption fit into defending the play originally

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
$100 on Brown scoring a goal tonight. Some may say it’s a dumb bet…I will bet them $100 they’re right!

I bet if he scores I will eat my shorts so I hope he doesn’t score but if does you win $100 and I will need a lot of ketchup.

• Haha
Reactions: nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad