GDT: Worcester Sharks (7) v. Hershey Bears (2) - ECQ - Hershey wins series 3-1

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Goldobin simply isn't ready at 19. That's fine, there is no need to rush him.

One positive is that he's been much better at moving the puck this year on the PP than what I remember of last year.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Goldobin simply isn't ready at 19. That's fine, there is no need to rush him.

One positive is that he's been much better at moving the puck this year on the PP than what I remember of last year.

Some of the people who watched him in FEL were saying that they were using him on the shutdown line because he was extremely effective getting the puck out of the zone.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Some of the people who watched him in FEL were saying that they were using him on the shutdown line because he was extremely effective getting the puck out of the zone.

He was a NZ wizard in Sarnia!

I think he's been pretty good in the playoffs so far. He's been trying to play a 200 foot game, has been involved offensively and knowing he has things to work on I don't really see anything wrong with how he's played in the AHL through 12 games.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I hope golobin finds the magic and puts it all together in the nhl. I still believe what i said at the draft with golobin is that he is basically a bust or a star there is no inbetween for him in my opinion.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Because he is not good enough at this point to be a regular AHL scorer... Really nothing to it...

Ok cool. I guess with the last 2 picks being so close to NHL ready it surprised me he was not making a bigger impact at the AHL level.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Ok cool. I guess with the last 2 picks being so close to NHL ready it surprised me he was not making a bigger impact at the AHL level.

It's not very common for 19yo's to make an impact at the AHL level.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You've been watching the games?

A couple when I can.

Yeah, but don't fret Sharks fans because he's going to be worth the wait. You can see the talent in the kid and everyone I've talked to says he's very coachable and willing to learn.

Yeah, Goldobin is obviously talented and I didn't mean that he doesn't have the talent to produce at the AHL level, but it's hard for a 19 year old who has played a full season in a men's league to come over and immediately produce for a new team in a new system with pre-established chemistry. He'll be an impact player next year, I imagine.

We knew all along that, I think. I remember at the 2012 draft DW specifically mentioned how NHL-ready Hertl was. As for Mueller, I wouldn't really say that he's NHL-ready. :laugh:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
3 goals on 4 shots is awful but it's hard to blame Grosenick too much, the skaters have just not been anywhere close to good enough.

Penalties are killing them too.

Edit: And after that mistake filled period I'm gonna miss the rest of the game. Hopefully they can find a way to come back so that won't be the last period of Sharks hockey I watch this season.

Last edited:

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
I was rooting for you guys this post season. Sorry to see the Sharks go. I've been through it, and probably will again. I'll have lots of good memories of the IceCaps/Sharks battles here at MileOne.

Cheers

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hershey put down the hammer to advance.

Grosenick gave up a handful; Dell a bunch in relief.

They did score some too.

Thanks for the history, Worcester Sharks.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
I wish all the wostah fans were included in the teams movement here you guys have been amazing.

Hershey put down the hammer to advance.

Grosenick gave up a handful; Dell a bunch in relief.

They did score some too.

Thanks for the history, Worcester Sharks.

Sent my thanks on twitter Darryl and ItsNotDylan. Thank you for everything.

Thank you guys, it means a lot.

Can't believe this day is already here. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad