News Article: Wooing

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I missed that, care to explain?

Pretty late at night one night during the summer Konecny had his account hacked. If it happened at a more reasonable hour, I'm sure more people would've seen it. But the person hacking his account started posting lewd and graphic messages along with half-naked pictures of some woman. I'm guessing it was up for less than an hour.

TK was probably asleep, and I can only imagine his mortified reaction to being roused to see it. Apropos of this thread, I don't think he let out a woo.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I'm in 215 no one really woos in my section it seems to come from the end where the Flyers shoot twice, so I don't really see who does it

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
From what I'm reading it seems like weren't talking about the same wooing though. I'm talking about the Flyers score a goal or land a big hit there's basically a gigantic woo and

I'm not the person that you're responding to, but I can't stress this enough. NOBODY has a problem with people yelling woo after a goal, after a fight, or celebrating things. The issue is a constant woo'ing sound that is going on every two or three seconds when there is a lull in play. It is non stop, and ridiculously obnoxious.

This is not specifically directed at you but rather all the people that keep responding without reading or understanding what is actually happening....

THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH CELEBRATORY WOO'S. IT'S THE OBNOXIOUS ****** THAT DO IT ALL GAME LONG FOR NO REASON THAT ARE THE PROBLEM.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
How are people around you supposed to know what is and is not annoying? Eagles chants annoy me, but I get uppity that the people around me who do it.

That is a fair point. I suppose you either tell them, to which you'll more than likely be ridiculed for it.

I would like to think people inherently *know* what they are doing may be annoying to someone else. My guess would be the majority of people who are "wooing" know they are being annoying, they just don't care. And this is based on years of social observation.

For example, You know (without being told) scratching your nails on a chalk board is annoying to most people, and you would only do it to annoy someone. Same principle :)

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The people who yell "shoot" (particularly on the PP) are a million times more annoying because it shows a complete lack of understanding of the game. If you take a shot without a lane it will usually be blocked and come back the other way, and that can lead to disaster. Those people should be waterboarded.

As for the wooo it's basically what happens at every wrestling show I've been to in the past 20 years before the show. Just be thankful people aren't doing that infernal "What" chant.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What's acceptable in wrestling doesn't have to be acceptable in hockey, just like what people yell at a hockey game would be out of place at a tennis match or golf tournament.

Plus I'd assume that there's some kind of point to doing it at wrestling events, even if it's only a reference to a wrestler and what he used to do. In hockey they're only doing to be annoying. It's like back in high school when idiots would yell "penis" during study hall, just because they're immature and think it's funny to do stupid disruptive ****.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Actually most of the chants and noises the crowd makes at WWE shows aren't even acceptable anymore, not IMO . Chanting irrelevant **** during a match or promo, flat out disrespecting the performers and show. They basically pay money to come and troll the shows. It actually takes away my ability to enjoy it. I dont want that happening with the Flyers.

Pay your money, come have a good time. You can have a good time without being an annoying ****.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
People troll MacDonald and talk **** on the other team.
Chanting flyers suck rangers blow

There will always be something someone complains about

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I think the people against the WHOO! just haven't had enough Ric Flair in their lifetimes to condition themselves to handle its' obnoxiousness properly.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
This is on nhl,com

NHL Fan Code of Conduct

 Fans are entitled to enjoy the hockey experience free from disruptive or inconsiderate behaviors
or unruly actions.
 Fans may not interfere with the event and/or athletes in any manner.
 Fans shall refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures.
 Fans may not engage in fighting, throwing objects or other behavior deemed detrimental to the
experience of other guests and those who engage in any of these actions will immediately be
ejected from the game.
 Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to arena staff.
 Fans who consume alcohol must do so in a legal/responsible manner. Intervention with
impaired fans will be handled in a prompt/safe manner.
 Fans shall comply with requests from the arena staff regarding arena operational and
emergency procedures.
 Fans may not engage in unauthorized commercial activity on property.
 Violation of this Code may result in ejection without a ticket refund.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
This is on nhl,com

NHL Fan Code of Conduct

 Fans are entitled to enjoy the hockey experience free from disruptive or inconsiderate behaviors
or unruly actions.
 Fans may not interfere with the event and/or athletes in any manner.
 Fans shall refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures.
 Fans may not engage in fighting, throwing objects or other behavior deemed detrimental to the
experience of other guests and those who engage in any of these actions will immediately be
ejected from the game.
 Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to arena staff.
 Fans who consume alcohol must do so in a legal/responsible manner. Intervention with
impaired fans will be handled in a prompt/safe manner.
 Fans shall comply with requests from the arena staff regarding arena operational and
emergency procedures.
 Fans may not engage in unauthorized commercial activity on property.
 Violation of this Code may result in ejection without a ticket refund.

I fail at this every game I go to, I curse like a sailor in daily life, so put me at the WFC with some brew-ha-ha's in me and I let my own brand of poetry flow freely. Those who give me stink eye or object to my free speech can go to hell.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I fail at this every game I go to, I curse like a sailor in daily life, so put me at the WFC with some brew-ha-ha's in me and I let my own brand of poetry flow freely. Those who give me stink eye or object to my free speech can go to hell.

I'm just as guilty dude. It's ok.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
The only good "Woo"....
b27397d6a39265eb34c626b93da3a84e.jpg

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Barely any wooing today

Praise be to God. :handclap:

It was so great to see Lauren Hart not WOO at the end... Had she not went to Twitter for advice, she may have gone ahead with her initial idea of give a WOO... thus legitimizing the WOO... and my guess would be that it would have sparked a revival of the WOO movement.

Thank you Lauren... for you better judgement in seeking advice.

#LaurenHartRocks

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
So the whole crowd doesn't woo for a goal? No other sporting event has woos? You can literally find wooing at every sporting event so I'm having trouble understanding. Ive seen plenty of ****** bags over 20 at flyers games too. Let's be honest a lot of them are old alcoholics who've been repping our city "well" for years. What's up with you and the maturity complex you have? A mature adult who grew up in this city should know what to expect at a flyers game and not get bent out of shape over some ******* it's common. Buy some ear plugs if it's that big of a deal.

From what I'm reading it seems like weren't talking about the same wooing though. I'm talking about the Flyers score a goal or land a big hit there's basically a gigantic woo and I have no problem with people wooing appropriately.

You're right we are definitely talking about different things. I have no problem with a woo after a goal or hit. It's when it's done every 3 seconds regardless what's going on on the ice, that I have an issue with. I've been going to Philly events for 20 years now and that was by far the most annoying thing I've ever experienced. Good to see fans boo those ******** trying to do that today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad