News Article: Wooing

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelph...distracting-more-shayne-gostisbehere-shootout

Stop the wooing
Even though he started a “wooing†chant recently after a Flyers goal, even rookie Travis Konecny says the incessant Ric Flair chants from fans at the Wells Fargo Center have become distracting.

Veteran Flyer Jakub Voracek was very vocal in his dislike for it.

“It’s childish and annoying and it’s really starting to **** me off,†Voracek said. “The first period they are (bleeping) wooing. What are you? (Bleeping) 10 years old?â€

Hakstol was not pleased, either.

“Let’s hope it’s a short-lived fad,†he said.

Stop it.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It is awful. People suck. I can hear it through the broadcast. I may just watch on mute. No joke.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Voracek is the man. Couldnt of said it better myself. Can't believe some on here were defending that childish nonsense.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Everytime Boucher talked last game I did the BOOOOOOOUCH thing lol my wife was annoyed

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Love Voracek. You can tell he's not one of these media trained Canadian kids who just spit out cookie cutter answers.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
At least the building is loud. Before that it was a library at times

Its not loud. If it were loud you wouldnt be able to hear it. And theres nothing wrong with quiet moments while fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for a goal or a big hit or something. Then its loud and it gets pumped and the Lets Go Flyers chants start.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The WFC is pretty much a church these days throughout the regular season sans important games. People don't care as much unless the team is in the playoffs.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The WFC is pretty much a church these days throughout the regular season sans important games. People don't care as much unless the team is in the playoffs.
they want a way better product. Team isn't worth the dollars you have to pay to get in and wooing now. Soft.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Its not loud. If it were loud you wouldnt be able to hear it. And theres nothing wrong with quiet moments while fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for a goal or a big hit or something. Then its loud and it gets pumped and the Lets Go Flyers chants start.
I wish there would be more of these chants though. I love the Blues' "Let's Go Blues" chants. Great atmosphere in that building.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kinda what happens when the league changes the image of the sport.

Support the other leagues.

Different crowds coming in too. A fair amount of business people & people who just go for the social aspect.

Hell the Flyers pretty much changed their in game music to appease these kind of crowds with a heavy dosage of pop music. Nothing gets you more fired up for some hockey than some Katy Perry. :laugh:

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Different crowds coming in too. A fair amount of business people & people who just go for the social aspect.

Hell the Flyers pretty much changed their in game music to appease these kind of crowds with a heavy dosage of pop music. Nothing gets you more fired up for some hockey than some Katy Perry. :laugh:

I get pandering to new age music hits. Not the best hockey music but whatever.

Needless to say dubstep needs to die a painful death. Our goal song combo is disgusting.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
On one hand, you're all millionaires paid to play ice hockey for a living and what you choose to get worked up about is what the fans choose to woo or not woo, so go cry me a river.

On the other, our fanbase is chock full of immature idiots and dolts who are inconsiderate of context and surrounding so it's a fair thing to say.

Either way, I at least like that they aren't giving the typical canned PR answers.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I wish there would be more of these chants though. I love the Blues' "Let's Go Blues" chants. Great atmosphere in that building.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know those fans like the front of my hand. Plenty of noise and enthusiasm, no question about it. But let me tell you what they are shouting when they aren't doing the (horrible) "Let's Go Blues" chant or ordering a Busch beer:

"SKATE! SKATE! SKATE! SKATE! SKATE!"

They are MUNGBEASTS of the very lowest order. Trust me - these are my people and I know. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I know those fans like the front of my hand. Plenty of noise and enthusiasm, no question about it. But let me tell you what they are shouting when they aren't doing the (horrible) "Let's Go Blues" chant or ordering a Busch beer:

They are MUNGBEASTS of the very lowest order. Trust me - these are my people and I know. :laugh:

Right now I'm imagining Blues fans pounding on a drum and shouting SKATE like the slave master of a war galley commanding the oarsmen to row.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

I have to admit, I don't always listen to what they're chanting. :laugh:
But the atmosphere in that building appears to be so much more lively than the WFC, at least IMO.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have to say...

What the hell is wrong with Wooing? Why is everyone so bent out of shape? Why is it any different than any other chant?

I'd love to hear why Voracek thinks it's more childish than booing (genuinely). Does the high pitch distract the players when they're playing?

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I have to say...

What the hell is wrong with Wooing? Why is everyone so bent out of shape? Why is it any different than any other chant?

I'd love to hear why Voracek thinks it's more childish than booing (genuinely). Does the high pitch distract the players when they're playing?

Because it's annoying as **** and no one likes it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->