Post-Game Talk: Won it for Patty Quinn! Leafs beat Caps 6-2

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Me too, that's why I said someone who can play on the fourth. If Leo is going to play the way he does he's going to get run, and your stars are going to get run. If you have confidence that the refs and the league are going to police it great. I saw Wilson running around all night he wasn't engaged nor should he have been until Komarov had been hurt. Holzer took one for the team but it should have been addressed earlier.

Fair enough. As long as its a player that can actually play on the fourth line and not just a knuckle head, I'm fine with it.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Fun game to watch. Maybe those PQ patches should stay for the season!:yo:

The only real complaints....the 2nd one on Bernier, but he more than made up for it over all

The Ovie hit

and I'm not sure how others feel, but I'd prefer Romanuk and co. over Hughson and co.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Bernier made 4-5 big stops on the PK when the Caps could have made it 5-3 mid way in the 3rd. Where's the guy that said it'd be unfair if Reimer didn't get the next start after the Pens game?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Bernier made 4-5 big stops on the PK when the Caps could have made it 5-3 mid way in the 3rd. Where's the guy that said it'd be unfair if Reimer didn't get the next start after the Pens game?

They wait until they lose and come in here to say Fire Carlyle and they should have started the other goalie.

It's pretty nice to come in here and not have to hear that crap. At least for 1 game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think this is more realistic, Leafs will decide on Franny or Gards. The hope was for Gardiner to be a top 4 guy, some even top 2 guy. Franson is this now. So Gards or Franny is the more logical equation.

however logical that equation may be -that's not what I'm asking.
I am asking - if you had one option: signing Franson or Signing Winnik and Santa, who would you pick. Franson. OR. Santa/Winnik without adding other variables.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Actually with Phillys troubles I would love to see Wayne Simmonds come over . Just the kind of guy the Leafs need . Much more than a 4th liner of course.

Holmgren isn't in charge anymore.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I am asking - if you had one option: signing Franson or Signing Winnik and Santa, who would you pick. Franson. OR. Santa/Winnik without adding other variables.

That's a tough one, I would go with Franson as Winnik and Santo are easier to replace.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Not to be a debbie downer but I doubt we get many games where the Leafs score 6 goals on 23 shots. They played well but they'll need to play better if they want a good record the up coming home stretch.

Plenty of Leafs wins have come exactly because this was the case. I like the win, no doubt, but I'd be happy if the Leafs could win without having many goals against them.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 5m5 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
"Rough game out there," Bernier said with a smile; Jonathan spoke to refs about sneaky Caps pushing Leafs D into him a few times

That's one thing I noticed too much this game. Pretty sure Wilson was a big part of that too but not entirely sure. Ovechkin was for sure pushing a couple dmen into Bernier throughout the game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Why would Santa or Winnik effect Franson's signing?

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Holy smokes! :amazed: Now THAT's a post game analysis! :handclap:

Not the first time he's done this. It's usually a better summary of the game compared to the game in sixes put up on the site. There's also a Youtube channel CaptainCanada that provides a solid overview of the game that is usually up the next day.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good game. Hope Komarov is alright. I like the ice time spread out. It's nice seeing Lupul back, but playing with Clarkson, they both tend to lose the puck a lot. Seem to overhandle in Lupul's case and just mishandle in Clarkson's. Still, can't complain about the win. Good goal by Clarkson and Lupul tonight. Have to take the good with the bad. Nice to see four solid lines out there. Bernier looks sharp except for the last goal. I have dissolutions though, they could easily get bombed next game.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Think it's more to do with the value of spending 5m on Franson or 5m on Winnik and Santa combined.

Kind of how people debate if we should keep Bozak or Kadri but we could have both anyways.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Think it's more to do with the value of spending 5m on Franson or 5m on Winnik and Santa combined.

Kind of how people debate if we should keep Bozak or Kadri but we could have both anyways.

Makes no sense to me, Winnik and Santa, I'll do a Cherry. God love, are dime a dozen UFA's each summer.

Gardiner, Kadri, Bernier, are more logical deep cap hits that affect Franson re-signing. Not dime a dozen UFAs.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Because I'm curious to know which people would pick. dang. When you ask me specific questions, you make me answer the way you want. I'm not suggesting anything nefarious, I don't have an agenda. I'm actually just trying to prompt a discussion, but with a narrow focus.

Franson, Winnik, and Santa are all UFAs
would you sign 1 player for a LOT of money OR would you sign TWO for the same amount but split, and all three players bring something necessary to the team.

Without asking other questions, or adding other variables, or whatever. Just. who'd you pick. the two players that are good on the PK and create a good energy line/shut down line or the 1 player who is doing really well on the top pairing and on the PP. if you only could do one option?

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Makes no sense to me, Winnik and Santa, I'll do a Cherry. God love, are dime a dozen UFA's each summer.

Gardiner, Kadri, Bernier, are more logical deep cap hits that affect Franson re-signing. Not dime a dozen UFAs.

This is the point where we trade or let go UFAs and introduce prospects into the lineup...if we had any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad