PGT: WJC Semi Finals: Game 27 | US Advances Over Russia 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
USA is officially the best WJHC country of the decade.

As far as I'm concerned, they are now right up there with Canada, Russia, and Sweden.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Matthews
Eichel
Hughes
And only Canada comes close at center. Wingers is even and the USA has superior Defense and goaltending.

Did you just list Jack Hughes as the Americans third best Center right now?

Canada's center depth blows the Americans out of the water.

McDavid(by far the best of all)
MacKinnon
Crosby
Schiefele
Bergeron
Tavares.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the rest of your post as you're reaching an entirely new level of delusional at this point.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Yes that one. Just an FYI from what I’ve seen of Kravstov he’s not on the level of Kovalev talent wise
There are very, very few players all time that are on Kovalev’s level talent wise so that’s not saying much lol. Kovalev is one of the most talented players of all time

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Did you just list Jack Hughes as the Americans third best Center right now?

Canada's center depth blows the Americans out of the water.

McDavid(by far the best of all)
MacKinnon
Crosby
Schiefele
Bergeron
Tavares.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the rest of your post as you're reaching an entirely new level of delusional at this point.

Not now but going forward he will be. Right now it would be Larkin or Pavelski and then Keller, Hayes, and Johnson. Slight edge to Canada now but there's just so many centers you can use. No other country but Canada beats that now but I'm mostly looking forward.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Canada is certainly the top hockey country in the world. Foolish to argue otherwise, in my opinion.

I just like the fact that we’re closing the gap. Foolish to argue otherwise, in my opinion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not now but going forward he will be. Right now it would be Larkin or Pavelski and then Keller, Hayes, and Johnson. Slight edge to Canada now but there's just so many centers you can use. No other country but Canada beats that now but I'm mostly looking forward.
It’s not a slight edge. It’s pretty damn clear Canada’s depth at Center is far beyond the States. It’s not an opinion either, it’s a fact.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

No, it's not slight, it's large. I also have no idea how successul Hughes will be as a Cener in the NHL, and neither do you. It's up in the air at this point whether he's a C or winger at the next level.

Canada will go what they do on every best on best tournaments, move C's to the wing. Canada boasts a huge advantage on the Americans forward wise, especially when we look at their depth.

Goalies are a wash, Defense is still without a doubt Canada. You really went off the rails with your last couple of posts.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Hype for a USA win here, but... These stupid post game ceremonies are an embarrassment. It's a 10 minute long humiliation for the losing team. Just have them shake hands and get off the ice like hockey is meant to be. Announce that pointless garbage after the tournament. I really felt for all those kids who poured their heart into this game and have to sit through all that nonsense after losing a game like this.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
No, it's not slight, it's large. I also have no idea how successul Hughes will be as a Cener in the NHL, and neither do you. It's up in the air at this point whether he's a C or winger at the next level.

Canada will go what they do on every best on best tournaments, move C's to the wing. Canada boasts a huge advantage on the Americans forward wise, especially when we look at their depth.

Goalies are a wash, Defense is still without a doubt Canada. You really went off the rails with your last couple of posts.

We will see, won't we? I'm willing to wait. You like most Canadians seem to overrate your players and give little to no respect to ours. I bet if Seth Jones, Jacob Trouba and Zack Werenski were Canadian you'd be pumping them up as Norris caliber defensemen.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
As I said in my previous post, Canada currently boasts half of the top 10 scorers in the league, with the oldest of the bunch being 24 years old. 4/5 of the top scoring D-men in the league are also Canadian. As long as they keep producing more high level talent than any other country, they'll be just fine.

Canada has five of the ten. USA has two. If Mathews were healthy it would be three. That goes with the math. Canada represents 48% of NHL players and US 26%.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Not much of skill, not much of that so called "spirit" of Bragin's teams, i really hope to see other coach next year, one gold in a f***ing decade is not that great

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Canada has five of the ten. USA has two. If Mathews were healthy it would be three. That goes with the math. Canada represents 48% of NHL players and US 26%.

Matthews has injury problems, we can't just ignore that to fit your narrative. If you're going to go that way you've got to throw Crosby into the top 10 as well.

Startseva

Dec 30, 2012
Moscow
Congratulations to the USA for what I thought was a dominant performance. If you didn't watch it, dominant might sound too strong for a 2-1 game, but only some great goaltending from Kotchetkov kept the score close. The Americans were superior in every facet of hockey. The most glaring difference was in skating speed, but they were also superior in stickhandling, and passing. Their shooting wasn't special, which may explain why Kotchetkov kept his team within striking distance. They were clearly hungrier and more motivated, which, when combined with their speed, might explain why they won the race to every loose puck and outnumbered the Russians around the puck all day. After looking disinterested and dispassionate in the first two periods, Russia tried to pour on the pressure in the 3rd, but the American smothered them on the perimeter and barely gave them a sniff of the goal. I'll never understand how it could be that kids from tropical beach cities in Florida and California, where a snow flake has never flown, can have superior hockey skills to kids from Siberia, but I guess that is what we have.

What was really stunning for me was how badly the Russians were outcoached. The Americans have been using the same forecheck and collapsing defensive schemes throughout the tournament, but Russia used no special tactics or strategies to counteract the American schemes. Instead of organizing a methodical attack, the Russian kids just tried stickhandling solos up the ice to see how far they could go before the Americans stripped the puck away from them. The kids have great skills, but they had no way to use them productively to get the job done. There was no road or avenue leading to success, which is what coaches are supposed to provide. It just seemed like the kids didn't know what to do, which is again the fault of the coaching staff.
I dunno is it a bug but i cant like posts :/ wtf?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Matthews has injury problems, we can't just ignore that to fit your narrative. If you're going to go that way you've got to throw Crosby into the top 10 as well.

Well Eichel's just outside the top ten and measuring a players talent solely by numbers is unfair. Alex Ovechkin has scored 30 goals this year and isn't in the top 10 scoring.
No ones gonna argue that he's not a top five NHLer.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
We will see, won't we? I'm willing to wait. You like most Canadians seem to overrate your players and give little to no respect to ours. I bet if Seth Jones, Jacob Trouba and Zack Werenski were Canadian you'd be pumping them up as Norris caliber defensemen.

Canada doesn't need to hype up Defenseman as being Norris calibre, since they already multi active Defenseman who have already won the trophy. Rielly, Chabot seem kinda good at Hockey too.

The USA is certainly improving, but as of this moment I don't they're still fourth. Canada and Sweden are the clear 1, 2.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Well Eichel's just outside the top ten and measuring a players talent solely by numbers is unfair. Alex Ovechkin has scored 30 goals this year and isn't in the top 10 scoring.
No ones gonna argue that he's not a top five NHLer.

There are multiple Canadians outside of the top 10 as well. You're going into a circular argument again. Facts are facts and Canada has more high end talent than the Americans. No need to be salty about it, they're clearly improving.

& Ovechkin is one of the greatest goal scorers to ever exist. If you'd like we can use the top 10 goal scorers in the league as well? But I don't think it's going to work out any better for you.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Imagine listening Hayes as one of your best centres then in the same post saying Canada only has a slight edge.

Take the homer glasses off, Canada has the far superior roster.

Taylor Hall / Connor McDavid / Nathan Mackinnon
Brad Marchand / Sidney Crosby / Patrice Bergeron
Jamie Benn / John Tavares / Steven Stamkos
Claude Giroux / Mark Scheifelie / Tyler Seguin

Not close at all, Canada’s first fourth line is neck and neck with USA’s first.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
There are multiple Canadians outside of the top 10 as well. You're going into a circular argument again. Facts are facts and Canada has more high end talent than the Americans. No need to be salty about it, they're clearly improving.
I'm not trying to argue that fact. Everyone agrees Canada has the best players and they should. I'm arguing your point about top tier talent. High end skill.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Canada doesn't need to hype up Defenseman as being Norris calibre, since they already multi active Defenseman who have already won the trophy. Rielly, Chabot seem kinda good at Hockey too.

The USA is certainly improving, but as of this moment I don't they're still fourth. Canada and Sweden are the clear 1, 2.

USA is no less than second right now, you are being delusional if you don't think so, the USA is significantly superior to Sweden and Russia. To say they are fourth is an insult. I'm done with you, enjoy your non-medal. :thumbu:

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad