PGT: WJC Semi Finals: Game 27 | US Advances Over Russia 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SF-1.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Pyotr Kochetkov (G)
Amir Miftakhov (G)
Daniil Tarasov (G)

Defensemen:
Alexander Alexeyev (D)
Ilya Morozov (D)
Saveli Olshansky (D/F)
Alexander Romanov (D)
Mark Rubinchik (D)
Dmitri Samorukov (D)
Danila Zhuravlyov (D)

Forwards:
Grigori Denisenko (LW)
Artyom Galimov (F)
Klim Kostin (C/W)
Nikolai Kovalenko (RW)
Vitali Kravtsov (RW)
Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)
Ivan D. Morozov (C)
Ivan Muranov (W)
Vasili Podkolzin (W)
Pavel Shen (C)
Kirill Slepets (RW)
Stepan Starkov (F)

1 Roster Spots Available - Still in Camp
Yevgeni Kalabushkin (D/F)
Alexander Khovanov (C)
Nikita Shashkov (F)

full

United States
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Kyle Keyser (G)
Spencer Knight (G)
Cayden Primeau (G)

Defensemen:
Michael Anderson (D)
Quinn Hughes (D)
Philip Kemp (D)
K'Andre Miller (D)
Dylan Samberg (D)
Mattias Samuelsson (D)
Jack St. Ivany (D)

Forwards:
Evan Barratt (C)
Noah Cates (LW)
Alexander Chmelevski (C/RW)
Logan Cockerill (LW)
Jack Drury (C)
Joel Farabee (LW)
Jack Hughes (C)
Tyler Madden (C)
Josh Norris (C)
Jay O'Brien (C)
Ryan Poehling (C)
Jason Robertson (LW)
Oliver Wahlstrom (RW)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Kravtsov on Wahlstrom
"In the semifinals there is a good chance to meet with the United States. He has a curious background: the Americans include Oliver Wahlstrom, who after the draft said that the Rangers made a mistake by taking Kravtsov over him at 9th overall. Vitali remembered it. “Oliver is somehow too narcissistic about himself,” says Kravtsov. “Let's see what he shows at the World Junior Championships. Is he as good as he says? But I don’t dwell on Wahlstrom. Of course, I much more want to win this tournament, to prove to everyone and to myself, and not to Wahlstrom or conditional Canadians, that we, including myself, are capable of anything. Vatanen said Finland will beat Russia. These words passed to Yevgeny Kuznetsov. As a result, we won and that quarter-finals, Kuznetsov scored from under Vatanen and said that one Chelyabinsk is bigger than the whole of Finland. I like that."

Кравцов - настоящее явление российского хоккея. Интервью звезды молодежки - в рубрике Еронко

:popcorn:

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
U.S. of A better leave it all out on the ice for this game , 110% and all that . This is a brilliant opportunity for the U.S. and I think they'll get it done 3 - 2 Yanks. Good Luck ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PrototypeX85

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
USA better come out ready to go. We’ve had a few games where they took some time to turn it on, but that will not work against Russia. Russia’s skill really scares me. We need to be on it from pick drop. I hope Wahlstrom steps up after hearing Kravtsovs quote.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
US defeated Russia last year for the first time in forever. Let’s jope that doesn’t become a normal occurrence

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I will be watching from the restaurant at USA Hockey Arena here in Plymouth. The NTDP U17 team has a game at 7pm, so I will be going from one Team USA game to another.

Go USA!

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Kravtsov on Wahlstrom
"In the semifinals there is a good chance to meet with the United States. He has a curious background: the Americans include Oliver Wahlstrom, who after the draft said that the Rangers made a mistake by taking Kravtsov over him at 9th overall. Vitali remembered it. “Oliver is somehow too narcissistic about himself,” says Kravtsov. “Let's see what he shows at the World Junior Championships. Is he as good as he says? But I don’t dwell on Wahlstrom. Of course, I much more want to win this tournament, to prove to everyone and to myself, and not to Wahlstrom or conditional Canadians, that we, including myself, are capable of anything. Vatanen said Finland will beat Russia. These words passed to Yevgeny Kuznetsov. As a result, we won and that quarter-finals, Kuznetsov scored from under Vatanen and said that one Chelyabinsk is bigger than the whole of Finland. I like that."

Кравцов - настоящее явление российского хоккея. Интервью звезды молодежки - в рубрике Еронко

Finally the Rangers got a player with some balls, now he has to produce.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
This will be the best game of the tournament.

No disrespect to the Fins or the Swiss but US/Russia should go down as one the best junior games in a long time.

I expect hard hitting, intense, fast and some nastiness in this game.

Cheering for the US but Russia won't be a pushover.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kravtsov on Wahlstrom

That's all fine and dandy but I'm Team Wahlstrom tomorrow.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
US defeated Russia last year for the first time in forever. Let’s jope that doesn’t become a normal occurrence

The US has actually won 3 in a row against Russia as they beat them twice in the 2017 tournament. Still, they’ve traditionally had a very hard time against Russia so I wouldn’t say the recent success guarantees anything.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
The US has actually won 3 in a row against Russia as they beat them twice in the 2017 tournament. Still, they’ve traditionally had a very hard time against Russia so I wouldn’t say the recent success guarantees anything.
To be honest the US team scares Russian expert more than Canada does. Their youth development program at U18 level is amazing and no wonder its starting to translate to U20

Reactions: Weiss1604

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Agreed. I think this game is a toss up. The U.S. will need a strong effort to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad