PGT: WJC Semi Finals: Game 27 | US Advances Over Russia 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I'm not trying to argue that fact. Everyone agrees Canada has the best players and they should. I'm arguing your point about top tier talent. High end skill.

So do you think we should rank Matthews up there with MacKinnon, Crosby, McDavid, Kucherov based on his talent alone? Because I don't. He's a fantastic player, maybe my favorite in the league but he's got to do more before I'm willing to put him up there with those guys.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
USA is no less than second right now, you are being delusional if you don't think so, the USA is significantly superior to Sweden and Russia. To say they are fourth is an insult. I'm done with you, enjoy your non-medal. :thumbu:

I

The Americans haven't won an Olympic tournament since 1980. Swedens defense alone makes them a more dangerous opponent than the Americans. You can repeat yourself as much as you like but it doesn't change the fact that Canada still has the most high end talent in the sport, and has won the last three best on best tournaments. Bet you'd happily trade that World Junior medal for just one Olympic gold during your lifetime. You lost any small amount of credibility you may have had when you tried to argue the Americans Center depth is comparable to Canada's. Utterly embarrassing.

About time you tucked your tail between your legs and ran off.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
So do you think we should rank Matthews up there with MacKinnon, Crosby, McDavid, Kucherov based on his talent alone? Because I don't. He's a fantastic player, maybe my favorite in the league but he's got to do more before I'm willing to put him up there with those guys.
No. But Patrick Kane is in the above discussion if your using players like Kucherov and MacKinnon as examples.

Reactions: clydesdale line

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
No. But Patrick Kane is in the above discussion if your using players like Kucherov and MacKinnon as examples.

A couple of years ago I would've agreed. However Mack and Kuch are certainly pulling away from Kane at this point. Mack also gets the edge for being a C.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Yup. Kane, like McDavid, pretty much carries his own line. He doesn't have other elite wingers that he consistently plays with. Plus his playoff resume speaks for itself. I'd take him over any of those guys minus McDavid and Crosby. Add in talents like Matthews, Eichel, Johnny Hockey, etc. Yea... US are definitely fine talent wise.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
The Americans haven't won an Olympic tournament since 1980. Swedens defense alone makes them a more dangerous opponent than the Americans. You can repeat yourself as much as you like but it doesn't change the fact that Canada still has the most high end talent in the sport, and has won the last three best on best tournaments. Bet you'd happily trade that World Junior medal for just one Olympic gold during your lifetime. You lost any small amount of credibility you may have had when you tried to argue the Americans Center depth is comparable to Canada's. Utterly embarrassing.

About time you tucked your tail between your legs and ran off.

if the USA wins the next best on best tournament, they are the best right?

Reactions: Devonator

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Hughes doesn’t look like much. For all his fanfare he doesn’t stand out against the juniors in this tournament. He has good numbers playing in the US but at 5’10” and 170lbs he looks small and overrated in this tournament

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Wanted to check on this thread after the Penguins game and was not disappointed with the salt flowing from our neighbors to the north!

GO USA!!!

Reactions: Race Bannon

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Hughes doesn’t look like much. For all his fanfare he doesn’t stand out against the juniors in this tournament. He has good numbers playing in the US but at 5’10” and 170lbs he looks small and overrated in this tournament

Yep all the tank for Hughes talk was misplaced hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad