WJC - Russia - 2015

Anonymouse

M.A.C.
Apr 10, 2012
Stockholm
He left cska school as a little boy, took canadian citizenship and is rumored to want to pkay for canada. He is also 2 years too young and hasnt played for junior nt in quite some time. His age falls into the nt coached by rumyantsev who is the worst corrupt coach in the whole of Russia on nt levels.

I will make a wild guess, we will see him in wjc pkaying for canada

Thanks. I could see the age argument but it just seemed like he could have made the team anyway, now I fully understand

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Thanks. I could see the age argument but it just seemed like he could have made the team anyway, now I fully understand

if him, than why not Trenin? You also have older players like Sherbak and Tkachyov...Bragin has a certain vision of building his teams, which usually means aged for the tournament players, as little underagers as possible, defense over offense.
His top offense should be in the top-two lines, that have the most of PT. If you are a top-6 type of guy and you didn't make the top-6, you are not making the team most-likely.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Russians playing mostly in their own zone againts better teams like Sweden, USA, Canada as usual, being defensive is good but it really lacks some offensive thinking...

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Russia: nas mnogo !!

Beats USA with luck and defensive "skills" 3:2 damn...
But Shestorkin is perhaps then next Tretiak.

But General Bragin must gave them a small gulag motivation.
Otherwise they would lose.

Last edited:

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Motivation is great, but how has he picked his d-men? Many were under impression, that our d will be actually sound this year.

Seems that your 1995 crop could finally bring some useful defense stuff for the future indeed, because Russian defense in senior category simply sucks since 90s.
Hope that Zadorov will be not the next Tyutin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoJqaswC7vw

Ah Dario...

Anonymouse

M.A.C.
Apr 10, 2012
Stockholm
if him, than why not Trenin? You also have older players like Sherbak and Tkachyov...Bragin has a certain vision of building his teams, which usually means aged for the tournament players, as little underagers as possible, defense over offense.
His top offense should be in the top-two lines, that have the most of PT. If you are a top-6 type of guy and you didn't make the top-6, you are not making the team most-likely.

I can't say I know alot about Russian juniors. I was just browsing through the CHL's scoring charts and noticed him.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
and now we can hype about 2016, who's gonna be the coach (I hope Bragin still, if not Vasiliev from KA is a great Candidate - similar mold)
Provorov/Kamenev/Dergachiov will be helping building blocks to set the team-spirit. Looking forward for Lazarev/Svechnikov to lead the team.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
the goalies weren't mentally ready, but it's ok, they are all just kids. It was a great game!

Felt the same way, I actually was disappointed in the goaltending for the majority of the tournament. However I don't think much could have been done with the first two Canadian goals.

We may have been spoiled having Vasilevsky who would steal games for Russia in the past.

I think on the balance of play this match was even, and for Russia to play an even game against this stacked Canada side in Canada, well I think they have come a long way from 2011 and 2012 when they played in North America.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
and looking at the next year (unless someone breaks out all of a sudden) we have Korobov, Tretyak and Trushkov and neither one comes even remotely close to this year's crop. Tretyak better not be a starter, or we may not make it to 1/4 finals even.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
and looking at the next year (unless someone breaks out all of a sudden) we have Korobov, Tretyak and Trushkov and neither one comes even remotely close to this year's crop. Tretyak better not be a starter, or we may not make it to 1/4 finals even.
you are too harsh with him
but imagine. tretyak is in the net again, doning the national jersey again with his grandad looking down at him from a vip box and shedding an imaginary tear. priceless:laugh:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
you are too harsh with him
but imagine. tretyak is in the net again, doning the national jersey again with his grandad looking down at him from a vip box and shedding an imaginary tear. priceless:laugh:

yes, an epic moment for NA tv, but sad for Russia. I had seen a few RedArmy games, the guy is just not good in all seriousness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad