WJC - Russia - 2015

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Svechnikov. Yes/no?

I wonder if Scherbak is out for long.

I'd cut the 96 guys and pick a 97 guy instead.;)

I think the final decision will be more about line combos than personal showing, because noone really stood out.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
With all due respect, I see it entirely different than you do. I know that you are a big CHL guy, but honestly, I am trying to think of a single CHL forward who distinguished himself for Russia in the SSS. Even Barbashev failed to impress. Tolchinsky is highly skilled, and made a beautiful pass to Okulov on a 2-on-1, but beyond that, I think you are overstating his role as being the dominant factor for success in Game 3. In Game 4, there were a lot of factors that led to Canada's 5-1 win other than the absence of Tolchinsky.
Quoted for truth.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
I agree, he showed 0 finishing capabilities. Missed about 10 sure goal set-ups. Just no room for a guy who cant finish that poorly on the top 3 times. BTW don't forget Goldobin, Kamenev, Buch, Sharov and I suppose Golyshev are pretty much locks. Throw in Barbashev, Tkachev, Okulov and Tolchinsky and there isn't much room up front.
I'm not sure what suggests to you Tkachev and Okulov will be on the team. I don't expect Tkachev to be there personally, i hope for Okulov but is 50/50 at best.

All 3 guys were noticeably better when together but Tolchinsky was the man starting the plays, making the great passes.
Actually, that was not Okulov's best game.
Tolchinsky had a good game but he probably holds onto the puck for too long to be an ideal linemate for Okulov.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
the status of scherbak's injury isn't so important, he won't make the team most likely.
as for svechnikov, well, after sss any mention of him in this thread is laughable

I've always liked Svechnikov, but when you to go the CHL, and still want to be considered for national team status, then you have to produce in front of the coaches and let them see what you can do. Svechnikov's opportunity came in the SSS, and he showed nothing at all. I agree that there is no chance he will be in the lineup at the WJC.

KyleMills*

Remember last year that Russian kid who scored two goals in the SSS and didn't end up making the team? Man that was crazy. Anyways I thought Leshenko and Kravkovski were Russias best players. And Tolchinkski should have made the team last year but he also impressed.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
you sure to have watched the same games?

Go back and rewatch the game, yes. 1 game, at least 8 turnovers I counted, that's fact and that's ridiculously high. Just carried the puck until he lost it. If someone re-watches they can count and realize that to be fact.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I'm not sure what suggests to you Tkachev and Okulov will be on the team. I don't expect Tkachev to be there personally, i hope for Okulov but is 50/50 at best.

Actually, that was not Okulov's best game.
Tolchinsky had a good game but he probably holds onto the puck for too long to be an ideal linemate for Okulov.

I cant agree, this was Okulovs best game. They controlled the whole game, drew many penalties and resulted in the most lopsided score in the tournament. Tolchinsky is an excellent puck distributor, in fact that's his bread and butter. A guy who holds the puck too long is Dergachyov... And I do suggest that Tkachyov will be on the team, 90% chance. Only 10% chance he is not there since he will be coming back from injury to close to the tournament. Tkachyov will be one of the best scoring forces at the tournament, book it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
any news coming out from camp? when is the first friendy scheduled?

btw, is Okulov there? I suspect he was injured in his last MHL game

The flight to Canada is scheduled for 17th.

Exhibition:

Canada 19.12.

Finland 21.12.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
helicecopter said:
I agree, he showed 0 finishing capabilities. Missed about 10 sure goal set-ups. Just no room for a guy who cant finish that poorly on the top 3 times. BTW don't forget Goldobin, Kamenev, Buch, Sharov and I suppose Golyshev are pretty much locks. Throw in Barbashev, Tkachev, Okulov and Tolchinsky and there isn't much room up front.
Tolchinsky is an excellent puck distributor, in fact that's his bread and butter. A guy who holds the puck too long is Dergachyov... And I do suggest that Tkachyov will be on the team, 90% chance. Only 10% chance he is not there since he will be coming back from injury to close to the tournament. Tkachyov will be one of the best scoring forces at the tournament, book it.
So.. I booked this as requested, but Tkachev is not on the team even if he was back healthy, nor is Okulov for that matter. And by the looks of it, Dergachyov making it seems deserved.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=183258

Why wasn't this guy selected to play for Team Russia?

He left cska school as a little boy, took canadian citizenship and is rumored to want to pkay for canada. He is also 2 years too young and hasnt played for junior nt in quite some time. His age falls into the nt coached by rumyantsev who is the worst corrupt coach in the whole of Russia on nt levels.

I will make a wild guess, we will see him in wjc pkaying for canada

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He left cska school as a little boy, took canadian citizenship and is rumored to want to pkay for canada. He is also 2 years too young and hasnt played for junior nt in quite some time. His age falls into the nt coached by rumyantsev who is the worst corrupt coach in the whole of Russia on nt levels.

I will make a wild guess, we will see him in wjc pkaying for canada

Here he says he wants to play for Russia only. Good interview, bright kid.

(seg 5)
http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media_detail.php?show=1416632400&sn=10#

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->