WJC - Russia - 2015

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Bragin is back, or so it seems

Not yet. While I like Bragin and understand the reasons for the change. Every new GM would replace the ppl in the system, Varnakov has my respect for what he did against the idiotic fans' opinions.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Hopefully he is appointed, Varnakov was okay, but way too conservative in his forward selection, and hence was the downfall of his teams. Had a hard time running a good offense.

At least one or more of the following: Goldobin, Tolchinsky, Tkachev, Rudenkov should have been selected based on their performance at the Super Series. there were 2-3 forwards on that team that had no place.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
sorry, there won't be kuznetsov this time. i remember his two last games against swedes, 50 shots against per game and spending all time in their own zone. damn, that's disgusting.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
This showes the level of depth on the team. Bragin is good and Varnakov is a bore, cant motivate his players for success. He did build a system on his teams, but failed to fulfill their potential, being too conservative

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Bragin's 2012 team was a defensive nightmare, but the work that he did with the 2011 team was just incredible, given the standard set by Russian junior coaches. With consecutive come-from-behind wins against Finland, Sweden and finally Canada, Bragin showed a unique ability to motivate and get more out of players than they seemed capable of. Varnakov did alright, but he failed to meet anything other than the minimum requirements, and the RHF should always be searching for the guy that can make something special happen.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
nothing to worry - 95 is way deeper than 91:nod:

In juniors I prefer stars over depth. They are the only ones who will make it to the big team... maybe, while depth means we will have a bunch of decent players without real addtions to the national team.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Correct me with some insight but could a possible roster consist of :

Tolchinsky-Barbashev-Goldobin
Tkachyov-Buchnevich-Zykov
Sherbak-Kamenev-Svechnikov
Golyshev-Kraskovsky-Pilipenko
Setdikov

Rafikov-Valiyev
Yudin-Glukhov
Sergeev-Gavrikov
Sleptsov

Shestyorkin
Tretiak

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization

Setdikov

Rafikov-Valiyev
Yudin-Glukhov
Sergeev-Gavrikov
Sleptsov

Shestyorkin
Tretiak
too many dwarves i think tolchinskyi will be the one out. also tretyak is way overrated here. no way he'll make the team ahead of sorokin. in the fourth line (and the third) the coach will probably prefer grit over skill. so i'd change 96 born players with somebody like Leshchenko, Penkovskyi, sharov, galeev and ed cetera

btw, here the link to the roster for the development camp in canada
http://fhr.ru/en/national_teams/team/u20/players/
no scherbak because of his visa problems
goldobin won't be realeased by club

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Setdikov

Rafikov-Valiyev
Yudin-Glukhov
Sergeev-Gavrikov
Sleptsov

Shestyorkin
Tretiak

Goldobin and Scherbak booth to get a look by the coaching staff at the SSS. We'll see after that. Despite a lot of ppl being extatic about Bragin because "he will take all the good guys", Bragin will build a team. Who knows which players will impress him and more importantly where he sees them on his team.

So far, that's the first camp roster:

Tkachev, Buchnevich, Zykov, Barbashev, Vovchenko, Golyshev, Kamenev, Leschenko, Mamin, Sharov, Penkovsky, Pilipenko, Rudenkov Fazleev, Shatskiy

Baldaev, Valiev, Vorobiev, Gavrikov, Rafikov, Cherepanov, Glukhov, Paigin, Tikhonov, Yudin

Sorokin, Shestyorkin, Bilyalov

The guy from your list who is definitely not going to be there are Tretiak(his play with the U18 was meh).

Nice to see how the work on the popularity of hockey in Tatarstan worked not only in Tatarstan, but all over the country. We have a "tatar invasion" on the U20 team. 5 Tatars.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
too many dwarves i think tolchinskyi will be the one out. also tretyak is way overrated here. no way he'll make the team ahead of sorokin. in the fourth line (and the third) the coach will probably prefer grit over skill. so i'd change 96 born players with somebody like Leshchenko, Penkovskyi, sharov, galeev and ed cetera

Damn, those FHR "experts"! That gave me a laughing flash: Valiyev Rinat Ishakovich. For puck sakes, do they read the *** they put on the site?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What would be the proper form?

Iskhakovich.

"Ishak" from turkish "Eşek" means donkey and is also used as an insult in turk languages and also in Russian(both the primary meaning as a a synonym for donkey and as an insult) due to multiple ties to turk peoples.

I think the player(especially a Tatar) could find it offensive his father's name reads like "donkey" there and the people translating for the FHR site should be aware of the difference between the english "sh" and russian "сх", which is propounced like distinct "s" followed by a sharp "h". That's why this "kh" is used for english transliterations.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

I see, yes makes sense since the tournament is on smaller ice you need some players with size and more physical players.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Well there are links on onhockey so presumably yes, if anyone gets the highlights, please post them in here.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Well there are links on onhockey so presumably yes, if anyone gets the highlights, please post them in here.

yeah, Hockey Canada broadcasted the game, Russia scored some highlight goals, Sorokin was a wall, if not for Svoboda the score would have been ugly for Czech. But it was sloppy summer hockey. Pasternak and Vrana didn't impress at all, but then again it's only summer.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
yeah, Hockey Canada broadcasted the game, Russia scored some highlight goals, Sorokin was a wall, if not for Svoboda the score would have been ugly for Czech. But it was sloppy summer hockey. Pasternak and Vrana didn't impress at all, but then again it's only summer.

Thanks, I watched it there on repaly. Buchnevic line was a force. Can't say enough good things about Tkachev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad