WJC: WJC Rosters - United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

What is funny about that?

Canada is a country full of hockey loving fans and this tournament is huge there, they like to be informed.

I'd consider it a compliment both to your team and to their interest in the game of hockey.

thank God there are fans like that or Hockey would just about fall off the map.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
What is funny about that?

Canada is a country full of hockey loving fans and this tournament is huge there, they like to be informed.

I'd consider it a compliment both to your team and to their interest in the game of hockey.

thank God there are fans like that or Hockey would just about fall off the map.

Honestly? I think it has more to do with Canadiens and Canucks fans wanting to know which of their prospect is captain of the US WJC team.

arsmaster*

Honestly? I think it has more to do with Canadiens and Canucks fans wanting to know which of their prospect is captain of the US WJC team.

it's probably true!

I would love to see Jordan wear the "C"!

The jokes on us though, because John Carlson is gonna play upwards of 30 minutes a night - he will wear the "C" IMO.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It was a reference to how the Canucks fans are waiting to hear Schroeder named captain. I wasn't insulting anyone's excitement for the tournament, I can't wait either.

Traktor*

Why am I not hearing more about Derek Stepan?

33 points as an 18 year old rookie in the WCHA is legit numbers and he's stepped it up this year with 22 points in only 18 games. It's not like Stepan has size deficiencies either so I'm surprised he hasn't garnered much hype.

Does anyone have a scouting report on this guy?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Gotta admit... am really, really surprised that Donovan has come so far and has made the club. Very surprising that a kid from Oklahoma has made such progress and found his way into this tournament, especially considering some of the names that didn't make the roster.

Gonna be interesting to see if his inclusion was wise or not.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Why am I not hearing more about Derek Stepan?

33 points as an 18 year old rookie in the WCHA is legit numbers and he's stepped it up this year with 22 points in only 18 games. It's not like Stepan has size deficiencies either so I'm surprised he hasn't garnered much hype.

Does anyone have a scouting report on this guy?

Excellent vision
Excellent hockey sense
Average size and average skater
Dangerous on the PK

The Wisconsin people compare him to Greg Pavelski(another Wisconsin player)of the Sharks

Stepan was tri-captain of the US team along with Kristo and Warfosky in the exhibition games against North Dakota and the Czechs

Stepan shined at the Rangers prospects camp in July. Adam Graves who works for the Rangers in player development loves Stepan. Graves was on the ice during the camp. Stepan was one of the best players at the US WJC camp in Lake Placid in August. He has carried over to this season his 2nd half breakout from last season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Joe Pavelski

Stepan is an excellent playmaker but not quite a consistent scorer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad