WJC: WJC Rosters - United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I don't think it will be as good as last year were they had a good chance of winning but I'll give it a shot.

Kreider-Schroeder-Budish
Morin-Wahl-Palmieri
Johnson-Kristo-Ryan
McRae-Wohlberg-Shore
(Bourque,Lynch, D'amigo)

Moore-Carlson
Fowler-Gardiner
Leddy-Ness
Warsofsky

Lee
Maxwell

This is one of the hardest rosters to pinpoint up front because its hard to know which direction they will go. On D they really need the physicality of players like Pateryn and Helgeson but I think they will once again ignore this lead for a more skilled blueline. This blueline will be the bread and butter of this team, they rival almost any country's defence. They might choose Campbell due to his great international performances but I chose more experiance for my roster.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Dont think Hayes will be back?

I'm hoping to see Hayes and Ryan together as Leafs prospects. D'amigo would be nice to see aswell, but I know he's more of a longshot.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Whats the age cutoff date? Is Shattenkirk no longer eligible?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Here's the development camp roster:

2009 U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp Roster

GOALTENDERS (4)

Jack Campbell
Connor Knapp
Mike Lee
Brandon Maxwell

DEFENSEMEN (15)

John Carlson
Adam Comrie
Matt Donovan
Cam Fowler
Jake Gardiner
Nick Leddy
Sean Lorenz
John Moore
Aaron Ness
Philip Samuelsson
Beau Schmitz
David Warsofsky
Patrick Wey
Chris Wideman
William Wrenn

FORWARDS (24)

Ryan Bourque
Zach Budish
Mike Cichy
Robbie Czarnik
Jerry D’Amigo
Justin Florek
AJ Jenks
Tyler Johnson
Chris Kreider
Danny Kristo
Kevin Lynch
Tyler Maxwell
Philip McRae
Jeremy Morin
Kyle Palmieri
Kenny Ryan
Vinny Saponari
Jordan Schroeder
Drew Shore
Derek Stepan
A.J. Treais
Mitch Wahl
David Wohlberg
Andrew Yogan

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I like the forward pack, idk aboutt he d & goalies.

Are they considerd strong :S?

The D should be strong as long as they don't take 6 of the same defenseman like they did last year, or take someone like Blake Kessel with zero intention of playing him. They need some snarl and physicality back there, which they didn't have last year. That said, Cam Fowler - John Carlson is a dynamic first pairing. It would be huge loss if Carlson wasn't available though, as we're already losing Bogosian for this tournament as well.

The goalies are always the wild card for the US. Poor goaltending is the primary downfall of our past teams, but Mike Lee definitely has the pedigree to get it done. Jack Campbell is a stalwart as well but he's extremely young. Maxwell is still living off of his hype from years past, and I don't really know anything about Knapp. Anyway, it's Lee's job to lose, especially since his coach from this past year Dean Blais is the US coach.

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
The D should be strong as long as they don't take 6 of the same defenseman like they did last year, or take someone like Blake Kessel with zero intention of playing him. They need some snarl and physicality back there, which they didn't have last year. That said, Cam Fowler - John Carlson is a dynamic first pairing. It would be huge loss if Carlson wasn't available though, as we're already losing Bogosian for this tournament as well.

The goalies are always the wild card for the US. Poor goaltending is the primary downfall of our past teams, but Mike Lee definitely has the pedigree to get it done. Jack Campbell is a stalwart as well but he's extremely young. Maxwell is still living off of his hype from years past, and I don't really know anything about Knapp. Anyway, it's Lee's job to lose, especially since his coach from this past year Dean Blais is the US coach.

Thanks awhole lot !
Carlson the one WSH drafted ?

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008
I think that it will be a relatively solid team that will have some holes on defense and goalie. here is my best shot at the roster though.

Morin-Schroeder-Palmieri
Kreider-Kristo-Budish
Bourque-Mcrae-Wohlberg
Ryan-Stepan-Lynch/Shore

Carlson-Fowler
Moore-Wrenn
Ness-Wey

Lee
Knapp

Now there are some things that I do not like about my roster and it does not make it that realistic. The goalies after Lee are very iffy. Campbell is so young, but is the second best goalie behind Lee. USAH may want to promote his draft status by simply selecting him. Maxwell is actually not htat good, but he has played for the NTDP. He has had some "issues" to say the least with the program though that could keep him out. Knapp had a great year in the NCAA and could really be a good 90 backup goalie. He is solid and doens't have that history wiht USAH.

On defense, they may select a 7th defenseman, instead of the last forward that I selected. Also, I really think that Wey could make this team, he is solid defensively, yet moves the puck the way you need to in this type of tournament. This defense really lacks a physical stay at home d, taht is why I think that Wrenn will make it. He fits that role. USAH is very political in their selections.

On offense, I know that I left out Tyler Johnston but he did not do anything last year and I have no idea how he made the junior team last year. This group is very deep, but lacks that star power. I seem to have a log jam of centers as well, which is obivously not realistic in a way. However, with their history of selections, you never know.

AgentNaslund*

Any American fans want to make a comment on your team? In my point of view, that American squad is looking kinda weak compared to the last couple years. Pretty Weak in all 3 positions...

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Any American fans want to make a comment on your team? In my point of view, that American squad is looking kinda weak compared to the last couple years. Pretty Weak in all 3 positions...

Obviously the top-end talent up front isn't the same without JVR and Wilson. The US will need to rely on all 4 lines and get balanced scoring, so we'll see. It will be nice though not to "expect" only one line to need to show up, but this team can't expect to just outscore everyone like it seemed like they thought last year.

Depending on how they put together the defense, I think this years group should be better. Fowler and Carlson IMO are a lot better than anyone we had on last years team (sans Blum). Of those on the team last year, I thought only Blum and Cole played well. Shattenkirk was good offensively but a nightmare turning over the puck and in his own zone. But again, if the US brass chooses a bunch of puck movers only like they did last year, that weakness will get exposed again by Canada.

In goal it's such a crap shoot. Lee may not be as heralded as McCollum was, but when it comes down to it, he can't possibly do worse or we're in a world of trouble. McCollum was absolutely atrocious last year. It can only get better.

That said, it's hard to tell until we see who makes the team. But one thing is for sure and that we will actually have a bonafide coach for our squad. Dean Blais can coach circles around Ron Rolston and hopefully that can be a difference maker.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I think that it will be a relatively solid team that will have some holes on defense and goalie. here is my best shot at the roster though.

Morin-Schroeder-Palmieri
Kreider-Kristo-Budish
Bourque-Mcrae-Wohlberg
Ryan-Stepan-Lynch/Shore

Carlson-Fowler
Moore-Wrenn
Ness-Wey

Lee
Knapp

Now there are some things that I do not like about my roster and it does not make it that realistic. The goalies after Lee are very iffy. Campbell is so young, but is the second best goalie behind Lee. USAH may want to promote his draft status by simply selecting him. Maxwell is actually not htat good, but he has played for the NTDP. He has had some "issues" to say the least with the program though that could keep him out. Knapp had a great year in the NCAA and could really be a good 90 backup goalie. He is solid and doens't have that history wiht USAH.

On defense, they may select a 7th defenseman, instead of the last forward that I selected. Also, I really think that Wey could make this team, he is solid defensively, yet moves the puck the way you need to in this type of tournament. This defense really lacks a physical stay at home d, taht is why I think that Wrenn will make it. He fits that role. USAH is very political in their selections.

On offense, I know that I left out Tyler Johnston but he did not do anything last year and I have no idea how he made the junior team last year. This group is very deep, but lacks that star power. I seem to have a log jam of centers as well, which is obivously not realistic in a way. However, with their history of selections, you never know.

i'm not very good with WJC rosters and stuff but don't you think Nick Leddy could replace Ness or Wey?

STHLM*

Obviously the top-end talent up front isn't the same without JVR and Wilson. The US will need to rely on all 4 lines and get balanced scoring, so we'll see. It will be nice though not to "expect" only one line to need to show up, but this team can't expect to just outscore everyone like it seemed like they thought last year.

Depending on how they put together the defense, I think this years group should be better. Fowler and Carlson IMO are a lot better than anyone we had on last years team (sans Blum). Of those on the team last year, I thought only Blum and Cole played well. Shattenkirk was good offensively but a nightmare turning over the puck and in his own zone. But again, if the US brass chooses a bunch of puck movers only like they did last year, that weakness will get exposed again by Canada.

In goal it's such a crap shoot. Lee may not be as heralded as McCollum was, but when it comes down to it, he can't possibly do worse or we're in a world of trouble. McCollum was absolutely atrocious last year. It can only get better.

That said, it's hard to tell until we see who makes the team. But one thing is for sure and that we will actually have a bonafide coach for our squad. Dean Blais can coach circles around Ron Rolston and hopefully that can be a difference maker.

And Slovakia? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad