WJC QF2: Jan 2 GDT - Finland vs. Russia (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Now lets all joine together and call for the Russian coaches head. In my humble opinion, he shouldn't have cut so many of Russia's offensive talents, when that was their major strength. Glazachev among a few others should have been on this team, especially considering how poor their offense was against some of the weaker teams in Division B.

Dr_Chimera*

Siberian said:
I knew we were gonna lose. Every time CSKA was screaming Shaibu Shaibu we had a goal against us during the whole tournament.

Yup. He totally jinxed it.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
I knew we were gonna lose. Every time CSKA was screaming Shaibu Shaibu we had a goal against us during the whole tournament.

hääää ? Aha that was the problem for our team ha ? :dunno:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
My prediction was 4-2 Finland, not too far off. Neither of these teams could get it together this year. Russia was a sheep wearing a wolf costume and Finland will not be able to keep up with USA. They were dominated by Canada and haven' shown any progression since then. If Finland does manage to beat the US, I think we can mail the Gold Medal to Canada.

Tretiak

Jun 19, 2003
www.russianhockey.net
Enoch said:
Now lets all joine together and call for the Russian coaches head. In my humble opinion, he shouldn't have cut so many of Russia's offensive talents, when that was their major strength. Glazachev among a few others should have been on this team, especially considering how poor their offense was against some of the weaker teams in Division B.

I'd love to blame the coach. But in all honesty, the Russians were winning 3-2 with just over 10 minutes left in the game and choked. What a disgrace.

Dr_Chimera*

Enoch said:

Lynch Ishmatov, lol.

Man, a bunch of headless chickens these guys were. Hard to say who to blame...

I say Semin got them off on the wrong foot with his attitude early on. Maybe Ishmatov lost the locker room then.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Slick Nick said:
come on, what's next the bisextile year?

The team just stank the whole tournament..

I followed the whole tournament here. You can call it a coincidence but everytime CSKA would say something like that we would get a goal against us. Check the other game threads.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Enoch said:
Ya, a team that was supposed to score lots didn't find the back of the net too often.

Tretiak

Jun 19, 2003
www.russianhockey.net
Siberian said:
I followed the whole tournament here. You can call it a coincidence but everytime CSKA would say something like that we would get a goal against us. Check the other game threads.

HAHAHAAHA! This is the funniest thing i've ever read in my life! LOL! :joker: "Check the other game threads"...you're probably right! But the Russians couldn't ever put anything good together.

Dr_Chimera*

Siberian said:
Anyways, Finns totally deserved it, they outshot us 36-22. Good luck to them, we did not deserve to be in the semifinals.

Wow. Russia was well rested and everything - maybe a bit too rested.

Probably overpartied at New Year's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad