WJC QF2: Jan 2 GDT - Finland vs. Russia (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
I followed the whole tournament here. You can call it a coincidence but everytime CSKA would say something like that we would get a goal against us. Check the other game threads.

Hey WHAT THE F**** SHOULD I DO !!! `????

SHOULD I scream GO/SHAIBU FINNLAND ? GO CANADA !!! WHAT ?

Dr_Chimera*

Tretiak said:
HAHAHAAHA! This is the funniest thing i've ever read in my life! LOL! :joker: "Check the other game threads"...you're probably right! But the Russians couldn't ever put anything good together.

Russians are superstitious. Most know not to tempt fate.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Dr_Chimera said:
Lynch Ishmatov, lol.

Man, a bunch of headless chickens these guys were. Hard to say who to blame...

I say Semin got them off on the wrong foot with his attitude early on. Maybe Ishmatov lost the locker room then.

That could be very well true. I think Semin out of Russia's team would be a huge blow to Semin's career, that is why Ishmatov decided to be kind to the kid.
I think we lost because our blue line is very weak and we did not have a player of Grigorenko caliber who could carry the whole team

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I really wanted to see Malkin and Ovechkin play just one time.....just one time :( :(. I thought they were the only team that could have taken out Canada or the U.S., but apparently they couldn't even beat Finland (no knock on the Finns).

Siberian said:
That could be very well true. I think Semin out of Russia's team would be a huge blow to Semin's career, that is why Ishmatov decided to be kind to the kid.
I think we lost because our blue line is very weak and we did not have a player of Grigorenko caliber who could carry the whole team

What happened with Semin? I missed this.

Dr_Chimera*

Kozhevnikov was a complete bust at this tournament. After seeing his show flashes of brilliance at the ReMax challenge, I thought he'd be a good addition.

Did nothing - zip, zippo.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
CSKA said:

If you are a hockey fan you should know better that during clutch time you just should keep quiet so you won't get embarassed later.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm going with somewhat of an upset here. I think Finland, in front of the home crowd will pull out a hotly contested victory by a score of 4-3, setting up a semi-final match-up against the U.S.

I saw the future, and the future was not kind to team Russia........... :teach:

Sundried TOmato

Oct 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Enoch said:
I really wanted to see Malkin and Ovechkin play just one time.....just one time :( :(. I thought they were the only team that could have taken out Canada or the U.S., but apparently they couldn't even beat Finland (no knock on the Finns).
I am so disappointed I won't see these guys. I didn't necessarily want them to beat Canada ;), but I really wanted to see them play. :mad:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Poor effort from the Russian team this year, the only guys that seemed to be putting in much effort were Ovechkin, Malkin, and Anshakov. Pittsburgh looks like they might have picked up a good one in that Straka deal.

On the other hand, a big :handclap: to Valteri Filppula once again. He's been one of the stars of the tournament, glad to have him in the Red Wings fold.

Lord

I blame our coach earlier. I know he's somehow guilty, but our boys didn't show enough team spirit to win even game. Smth in our youth hockey really going in a wrong direction. :dunno: Cause last our wins were due to the individual efforts than team performance.
This time the talent, we had, was too little to win. :mad:
Despite this i am sure, that Ovechkin, Malkin, Krikunov, Anshakov, Semin are players whom we would much speaking about for next 10-15 years. And, i guess, in a positive way.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Siberian said:
I followed the whole tournament here. You can call it a coincidence but everytime CSKA would say something like that we would get a goal against us. Check the other game threads.

Russia was weak with their play along the boards "The HF Boards"

Actually you guys are great, you sure beat watching the IIHF site.

Dr_Chimera*

Siberian said:

Anshakov, Ovechkin and Malkin obviously showed up - it seems that the supporting cast didn't, so I think you have a great point.

Maybe we should have sent the ReMax team. Oh, btw - Barulin sucked. What's up with that?

It was a good ride, boys - we can't win every year, but I find our trend very troubling. We either win the gold or we come away medal-less. That is seriously screwed up (but still better than 5 non-gold medals in a row).

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
A big congrats to Finland!
A bit sad not to see Russia play the big games in the tournament but they will probably bounce back next year.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
If you are a hockey fan you should know better that during clutch time you just should keep quiet so you won't get embarassed later.

im a hockey fan ! A BIG HOCKEY FAN and i love my country team Russia ! THATS WHY I SCREAM SHAIBU !

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
CSKA said:

Aside from everyone else, I don't think there is anything wrong with cheering on your team.
smilie_flagge17.gif

Utopia

The russian goalie really sucked in the last goal. No way that should have gone in.

Dr_Chimera*

Lord said:
I blame our coach earlier. I know he's somehow guilty, but our boys didn't show enough team spirit to win even game. Smth in our youth hockey really going in a wrong direction. :dunno: Cause last our wins were due to the individual efforts than team performance.
This time the talent, we had, was too little to win. :mad:
Despite this i am sure, that Ovechkin, Malkin, Krikunov, Anshakov, Semin are players whom we would much speaking about for next 10-15 years. And, i guess, in a positive way.

I had a bad feeling about this game, although I kept it to myself - I had a good feeling about the US matchup, but we had to get through this one and it did not feel good at all.

Russia needs to do business at the World Cup to heal this wound.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
You guys have run a great thread - fun to follow along although I thought the good Dr. was a bit harsh in wishing the team good riddance! Too bad we don't get to see the Russian team at all through the tournament.

With the talent they brought, Russia has to be the biggest disappointment and surprise of the tournament. Little to be proud of.

Final question - did Ovechkin really show his stuff? I noticed that there is no question he "showed up" or about his effort, but for the number 1 pick coming up, did he meet expectations?

Dr_Chimera*

CSKA said:
im a hockey fan ! A BIG HOCKEY FAN and i love my country team Russia ! THATS WHY I SCREAM SHAIBU !

You had good intentions - just for next time's sake - don't predict an Ovechkin winner like that, because it's bad karma.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Dr_Chimera said:
I had a bad feeling about this game, although I kept it to myself - I had a good feeling about the US matchup, but we had to get through this one and it did not feel good at all.

Russia needs to do business at the World Cup to heal this wound.

From what I can tell, the Russian team was EXTREMELY undisciplined, and other teams (such as the U.S.) capitalized. At even strength, Russia was the equal of any team in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad