WJC Group A: Dec 30 GDT - USA vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
Driving me nuts that I can't watch this game to see if the U.S is playing that badly, the Swiss that strong of if it's just the ref's (again) guiding these games..... :cry:

VladNYC*

The swiss impress me every time they play! Gave canada a run for their money yesterday, now this tongiht. Goood Jorrrrrbbbb! :handclap:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
swisdan said:
With this team, the danger comes from anywhere. It's a amazing team that the USA has got. The real favorit with this line-up....

But it's a poor year for the Switzerland team. But they are fighting with their great hearts and a good goaltender (in front: only Sprunger an Diaz are in the same level that USA's). I think it's not enough for beating this great USA.

Thank god its a poor year ;)

Watch out FINLAND!

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I haven't read what's been said on here, but before people come crashing down on the Americans, the Swiss are a good team that played a fantastic game and had the benefit of a call or two their way.

Randall Graves*

wow absolutely pathetic to show up like this after last game, who was on the ice most of the time for us?

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I noticed in the box score that JJ had taken 3 aggression penalties. Last yr it was said he was left off the team because they figured he would take bad penalties. Before you all jump on me for this let me add i really like JJ and have him in a hockey pool. I am not putting him down because i never seen the penalties to know if they were deserved or bad calls. His play might be more suited for the pros then the world jrs.

yasdnil9

Aug 2, 2005
Ontario
Matt MacInnis said:
I haven't read what's been said on here, but before people come crashing down on the Americans, the Swiss are a good team that played a fantastic game and had the benefit of a call or two their way.

Absolutely right. I don't think anyone has the right to bash the Americans after this game. Even Canada was lucky to win their game against the Swiss 4-3. Switzerland has a talented hockey team this year, and I think that the "elite" teams have taken them for granted.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:

The Swiss are better then people expected. I am just glad even the Americans had fits with them also. I was starting to doubt Canada had any goal scorers this yr. I was wondering how badly the Americans were going to beat us tomorrow if we had so much trouble with the Swiss. Now it looks like it will be a really good game. I hope the refs are consistant and let the boys decide the game. BTW seen the goal by Kessel i think against Norway. What a f...in goal ...this kid has some sweet moves.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
It's strange, i know all this players. And seriously, the former national teams (2004 or 2003) was most talented. I have some trouble with this team before the tournament... Yes it's strange for me...

Switzerland is 8th nation in world ranking, it is not a surprise if we can make good games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad