WJC Group A: Dec 26 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
I swear,it might be the beer.................but i don't think he's played a second yet.

It's not just you/the beer. I'm sober and was wondering the same thing :)

espo*

I like Parent a lot too.Seems to be a no-nonsense general(or corporal) out there.

espo*

Platapie said:
It's not just you/the beer. I'm sober and was wondering the same thing :)
Thanks.I was'nt sure really,i was pretty sure but when suds are involved....................i've learned to assume nothing.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Gretzky said:
Is there a site that is keeping an up-to-date scoreboard, if not, could someone make one?

(example: 1. Goal scorer (Assist 1, Assist 2))
I would like to know a site too

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Cerebral said:
Am I the only one that isn't a fan of Luc Bourdon? I understand that he almost made the Canucks and he shows some flashes of great talent but he's a turnover just waiting to happen and he's made some incredibly idiotic plays out on the ice...

Count me in on that list as well.

I just don't see it with him. Everytime I've seen him play, he seems like a turnover waiting to happen in the defensive zone. I just don't like his puck control in his own zone.

Stidi

Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Very nervous first period from both teams. I think its showing that finnish players arent used to play in the small rink, they are running out of space constantly. Very unimpressive game by Finland so far. But not very impressed by Canada so far either, but im sure this game will give them confidence. I really like the oilers pick Cogliano and also Comeau and Boyd have been good. By the way those Canadian jerseys are horrible! :shakehead

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
What's up with the linesmen waving off so many icing calls??? Very strange. I suppose its the international officiating.....always confusing.

Guess what?? Pierre mentioned Dion again. I for one am shocked.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Brock said:
Count me in on that list as well.

I just don't see it with him. Everytime I've seen him play, he seems like a turnover waiting to happen in the defensive zone. I just don't like his puck control in his own zone.
His puck control definitely seems a little weak to me. He seems pretty effective at moving the puck up the ice but I'm not sold on him being a potential top pairing defenceman in the NHL just yet.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Cerebral said:
His puck control definitely seems a little weak to me. He seems pretty effective at moving the puck up the ice but I'm not sold on him being a potential top pairing defenceman in the NHL just yet.

Yeah he moves it out of the zone effectively, it's just moving it inside of his zone, that he seems to have trouble with. Just making the smart, or correct play.

espo*

Finns score!!

Youthful mental brain fart.....................take the guys out of the front of the net guys!!! The 4-0 lead does'nt seem to agree with you!!.It agrees with very few in this game.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Eh, I think he's been the most solid defenseman tonight. Letang has had about a billion giveaways in his own zone and Bourdon has covered him on all of them.

espo*

Cerebral said:
I like him,he's a little adventourous i'll agree and will scare ya the odd time but overall you can see his physical skills are nice.He's imposing,even when he's beat................a bit of a presence somehow.Stands up well in all situations and has a heavy shot.He could be worked with.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
HAHAHAH anyone see that Chipchura goal? Number 5 for canada, Cogliano buckles LEINONEN's knees hahaha watch the play and watch leinonen.

espo*

Now theres a problem with rask,and if you listened to the early hate from le golie that's probably why he hates him and it's a good reason why.I'll get suckered into a goalies hand,legs and reflexes sometimes but what a good goaltender with all those other skills will have is rebound control.And that's what Rask appears to not have.It should be teachable though.If someone put's a priority on it.

espo*

That was a nice d-play by then Finn d-man taking that 2 on 1 pass away out.Nice athleticism.

espo*

Don't know what we'll have to do with Latendresse to get him going.He looks too slow out there.

I waved his performance in the ex-games....................i can't ignore it now.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
First and third periods were quite even, in the second Canada was better, especially in the last 10 minutes of 2nd. Numbers just describe how much better Canada has been in the finishing, but other than that, a promising game by Finland. Too bad they kinda lost their belief for a while in 3-0. They probably would not have been able to turn it around, but the numbers could be more even.

Nice dive on the Komarov penalty...something I still hate to see especially from Canadians who always take pride in their great physical play. You just cant have it two ways. I am used to it by the Czechs and sometimes russians.

Congrats to Canada, a deserved win!

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Good win for Canada. Pogge looks great in the net. Downie, Comeau and Boyd played excellent. Some people didn't want Downie on the team but I thought he was one of their best forwards.

Bourdon makes me nervous. He reminds of Jovo in a bad way. He turns the puck over way too much. As a Canucks fan I think he still needs time down in the Q next year. Staal was Canada's best defenceman.

Latendresse and Pouliot need to get going. Pouliot played pretty good but Latendresse played awful. I still say put him with Cogliano.

BTW I love watching this tournament, especially, when it's in Canada.

espo*

canucksfan said:
Good win for Canada. Pogge looks great in the net. Downie, Comeau and Boyd played excellent. Some people didn't want Downie on the team but I thought he was one of their best forwards.

Bourdon makes me nervous. He reminds of Jovo in a bad way. He turns the puck over way too much. As a Canucks fan I think he still needs time down in the Q next year. Staal was Canada's best defenceman.

Latendresse and Pouliot need to get going. Pouliot played pretty good but Latendresse played awful. I still say put him with Cogliano.

BTW I love watching this tournament, especially, when it's in Canada.
Pouliot was fine and took a lot of ********* calls if you ask me.I'm impressed with him.He can skate,he has good hands,Sutters got him fired up and he sees the ice competently.If we win......................he'll be a big part of it i garuntee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad