WJC Group A: Dec 26 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery4Byng*

Le Golie said:
Is Rask always this beatable? I've seen him five times and he has struggled every single time. He just looks so easy to beat out there.
Thats how i have seen him as well.... Doesnt make him look like a top prospect thats forsure.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Great play by Cogliano on the Boyd goal. He attacked the box and drew two defenders to him. It opened up the passing lane down low and tic-tac-goal.

His speed makes him exceptionally dangerous.

Great finish by Boyd as well!!

Let's go boys!!!!!!

:yo: :yo: :yo:

espo*

could we possibly get that ref out of the way out there? he's stopping passes and clearing attempts like crazy every second shift.

Our D commuinication has to get a lot better.

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
Thats how i have seen him as well.... Doesnt make him look like a top prospect thats forsure.

Well, goalies are always a tough call. Ironically every report I've read on Rask mentions him having lightning lateral ability with his butterfly, and I've really not seen it so far.

Ah well, hopefully he can turn it around.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Am I the only one that isn't a fan of Luc Bourdon? I understand that he almost made the Canucks and he shows some flashes of great talent but he's a turnover just waiting to happen and he's made some incredibly idiotic plays out on the ice...

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Seppänen has been absolutely awful. Easily the worst finnish player.

Other than that they have been OK and challenging Canada quite well. Canada has just had a few better scoring chances and also used them well. Numbers don't tell the truth, this game is much more even than the score right now. But these numbers will probably affect their attitude.

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
Anyone standing out?

I'd actually argue that almost everyone on the roster is playing a solid/gritty game. IMO no one has really stood out as amazing, but rather it has been a very cohesive well played team game.

espo*

FLYLine88 said:
How are the defensman for Canada looking? Anyone standing out?
Staal.and it isn't just Pierre Macquire talking to me either.He's smart and pretty smooth.Does'nt get flustered either.Calm kid.

espo*

psycho_dad said:
Seppänen has been absolutely awful. Easily the worst finnish player.

Other than that they have been OK and challenging Canada quite well. Canada has just had a few better scoring chances and also used them well. Numbers don't tell the truth, this game is much more even than the score right now. But these numbers will probably affect their attitude.
It's getting un-even now though,just like some poster said about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd.You get the sense the canucks are on defensive and game movement cruise control right now.

espo*

He's starting to stand out too(Boyd) he's a little opportuinist him.

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
Finland cannot contain the Canadians physically. We're just blowing through their defense and around the net, despite not playing that great himself, Rask is being hung out to dry.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Cerebral said:
Am I the only one that isn't a fan of Luc Bourdon? I understand that he almost made the Canucks and he shows some flashes of great talent but he's a turnover just waiting to happen and he's made some incredibly idiotic plays out on the ice...

I don't see it. He's been really steady this game, always calm and makes the smart play. His recovery when he does give the puck away is incredible. He's covered all of Letang's awful giveaways so far too.

Last edited:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
cyclops said:
It's getting un-even now though,just like some poster said about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd.You get the sense the canucks are on defensive and game movement cruise control right now.

Yeah it is. Our feed is a bit delayed. I'm quite sure the 3-0 situation has affected their fighting spirit. Too bad, Finland has not played that bad. But it's not like I expected a win.

Rämö will probably start against USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad