WJC Bronze Medal GDT: USA vs. Czech Republic

• Thread starter Zetterberg4Captain*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Petr Vrana walks right around the worst player in US WJC history, Jeff Likens and scores.

Jeff Likens is the wrost player I have EVER seen.

Faaxinho

Dec 2, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Likens blows it and Montoya blows it. Vrana scores the winner.
Well, USA played a good third period and they almost scored in OT, but this is hockey. It was Czechs turn.

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
joejohnstone said:
Olesz leads the tournament in goals (tied). He is a vast majority of their offense. Without him on the ice the US just mauls Vrana and his other linemates whereas they couldnt if he was out their. The play of the Czechs has evaporated with his loss.

So in this game right now, it would be

OLESZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SCHWARZ

But thanks for coming out.

Do you want to reconsider now?

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:
And the Americans season ends on something that epitomizes the tournament.

An awful play by the defence followed by an embarassing goal allowed by Montoya.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Hard to say who looked worse on that play, Likens or Montoya. :(

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
amazing...why if that kid even on the ice in that situation??...his man must have scored 12 of the goals the US allowed in this tournament

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
ranold26 said:
Montoya just became a Jim Carey.
Ouch! :amazed:

How can you look at that play and say anything about Montoya.....you're an ambarassment to Canadians everywhere. Did you not see Jeff Likens shat himself and let Vrana walk by him, then refuse to try to make up for it?

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
Great goal ends a good game, congratulations to Czech Republic!!! :handclap:
Stafford was a positive surprise for me :)
Were those Czech coaches taunting and showboating after the goal? ;)

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
joejohnstone said:
How can you look at that play and say anything about Montoya.....you're an ambarassment to Canadians everywhere. Did you not see Jeff Likens shat himself and let Vrana walk by him, then refuse to try to make up for it?

You got to be joking. Montoya's 5 hole was wide open. Saw it on the reverse net camera......oh btw, Vrana fanned on the puck! Your an embarrassment for being a hockey fan.
Fact is, Montoya should of EASILY had that. :dunce:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
joejohnstone said:
That should not have gone in.

What does his comment have anything to do with being Canadian?

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
slimer said:
Do you want to reconsider now?

No, not at all, because if Olesz was in the 3'rd I don't think it would have went to overtime.

Schwarz looked very average to me. Sure, he made a few decent saves, nothing spectacular. He was down and out in OT and his defense bailed him out by stopping an American lug that couldn't raise the puck 12 inches.

Olesz was much more important to this team that Schwarz.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
ranold26 said:
You got to be joking. Montoya's 5 hole was wide open. Saw it on the reverse net camera......oh btw, Vrana fanned on the puck! Your an embarrassment for being a hockey fan.
Fact is, Montoya should of EASILY had that. :dunce:

There should never have been a shot at all. And if you watched the replay, you'd clearly see Likens weak hack, which resulted on the fan by Vrana. Lucky bounce.

Nice move by Vrana, awful tournament for Likens, resulting in two of the 3 goals tonight.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
TheBigBadB said:
Well, the two things why US lost. The defense was horrible this whole tournament, and both goalies played terrible. Thats never a good mix.

And the coach sucks. But yeah you can't win if the team plays that way.

Congrats to the Czech's. :)

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
joejohnstone said:
No, not at all, because if Olesz was in the 3'rd I don't think it would have went to overtime.

Schwarz looked very average to me. Sure, he made a few decent saves, nothing spectacular. He was down and out in OT and his defense bailed him out by stopping an American lug that couldn't raise the puck 12 inches.

Olesz was much more important to this team that Schwarz.

He made more than 30 saves and didn't give up a softy. Yeah, that sounds pretty average to me.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Way to Go Schwarz!!! :handclap:
could someone make me a cool Czech Schwarz avatar for this special occasion :D

Id make one myself but I dont have photoshop or anything :dunno:

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
i watched the first 2 periods than had to do homework so i can watch the canada game....can anyone tell me what happened in the 3rd and what the final score was? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad