WJC Bronze Medal GDT: USA vs. Czech Republic

• Thread starter Zetterberg4Captain*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger's Pancreas*

That was about as ugly of a goal as it gets, GAPING 5 hole.

Firefly

Mar 9, 2004
Mohawk Valley
PanthersRule said:
Montoya is garbage. I'd be nervous as heck if I was NY right now. I have NO idea how Montoya went ahead of Schwarz and sure am glad those rumors about FLA getting Montoya didn't come true.

Olesz got injured too, OMG HE'S FRAGILE I'm nervous for you guys. :help:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
blu3shirt said:
Olesz got injured too, OMG HE'S FRAGILE I'm nervous for you guys. :help:
Don't be. He'll be fine : ;)

I think Montoya should be too back at U of M.

Regardless of how critical I was of him and how bad he did play, he is still a top goalie prospect and so many prospects have bad WJ and still turn out allright to say the least as others have amaizing ones and become busts. Montoya will recover in a week or 2 IMO back home and hopefully will become good again as I actually did like Montoya before. It's too bad that he had so much pressure though as it was on National television and he had pressure to equal an amaizing performance last year and the same thing happened to him as what happened to Anthony Stewart though Stewart did turn it around in the last couple games and Montoya looked good in parts of some of the games too.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
PanthersRule said:
Don't be. He'll be fine : ;)

I think Montoya should be too back at U of M.

Regardless of how critical I was of him and how bad he did play, he is still a top goalie prospect and so many prospects have bad WJ and still turn out allright to say the least as others have amaizing ones and become busts. Montoya will recover in a week or 2 IMO back home and hopefully will become good again as I actually did like Montoya before. It's too bad that he had so much pressure though as it was on National television and he had pressure to equal an amaizing performance last year and the same thing happened to him as what happened to Anthony Stewart though Stewart did turn it around in the last couple games and Montoya looked good in parts of some of the games too.

i'm pretty critical of montoya...BUT...be fair. it's one bad tournament, and Fleury was awful last year...Lehtonen had a bad tournament in his second showing, as well. It seems like there's a curse on goalies at the WJC in their sophomore effort. He'll be fine.

Not surprised to hear Likens blew it on two goals. I think that statistically..if you looked back..he was on the ice for most of the goals against. Sandelin should be burned in effigy for continuing to put him on the first pairing. Even Lee looked better with Suter than Likens did. The sad thing is..this will just give more fodder to everyone talking about how overrated Suter is just because he was on the ice while goals were scored.

Yeah, like Phaneuf or even Scott Stevens could have covered Likens' sorry ass. Worst. Defenseman. Ever.

Pleasantly surprised by Borer and Hagemo. Goligoski was invisible and disappinting, Hunwick..was he even on the team? I don't know. Hopefully next year...Lee will be a year older and wiser..his size will be valuable..and Jack Johnson will take Suter's place.

And Jeff Likens will have retired from hockey to join the carpet sales business.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Thing is, Montoya hasn't been playing well all year. That IS a concern, not just the WJC alone.

Atta boy Vrana! Should've been on this team last year.....

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
kris said:
Thing is, Montoya hasn't been playing well all year. That IS a concern, not just the WJC alone.

Really? You must catch a lot of US college hockey up there in Halifax, huh?

OR...you're just speculating based on what messageboard clowns have said. Montoya hasn't been bad at Michigan this year, at all.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
I guess it all depends on how you define "bad". I happen to think very highly of Montoya but he has been very inconsistent at Michigan this season and has looked bad on a few occassions.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
And people can say all they want about Likens but that puck has to be stopped by Montoya. Weak.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Chief said:
And people can say all they want about Likens but that puck has to be stopped by Montoya. Weak.

But that's under the erroneous assumption that EVERY shot can be stopped. Granted...Montoya let in several soft goals...but some of those rested solely on the defense's shoulders, as well. Notably the shoulders of one Jeff Likens.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
kris said:

His shoulder wouldn't allow him. From what I heard he would have been a lock for last years team and was on the roster till the final days where the rosters had to be trimmed.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i think likens did every thing he could to stop vrana, he hooked him pretty hard, thats why the shot was fluffed. of course he shouldnt have been beat in the first place. i like montoya, and hope he ca turn it around, but there is no other way to say it.....he really struggled all tourny. he never looked confident, even in the good games. not that schneider looked any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->