WJC Bronze Medal GDT: USA vs. Czech Republic

• Thread starter Zetterberg4Captain*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Barnaby said:
Sounds like Stafford is playing an excellent game!

Not really, he blasted that one goal, but other than that he hasn't done much.

T.J. Hensick, just flew around a Czech defender and barely misseed a goal, he beat Schwarz 5-hole, but it just rolled wide.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Enoch said:
Yet for some reason they continue to pair him with Suter.......Why?!?!?!

enoch,same thing i've been wondering the entire tournament...it must be because they were linemates at U. Of Wisc. and the dumbazz coach figured they'd have chemistry or something...should have taken about 3 shifts to figure that likens was a drag on the entire team

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Fritsche stopped point blank, by Schwarz.....Stafford with the nice set up.

Jake Dowell got absolutely hammered by a Czech defender trying to make a move. These grinder guys should just stick to what they know.

Olesz is done for the game, but is still in uniform in case of a shootout.

Another big save by Schwarz on Porter.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
To O.T. we go.......US dominated play in the 3'rd but couldn't put one in. The choices for lines seems really odd to me. Kessel is playing on a line with scrubs, and I don't understand it. Put him out there with Schremp.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Alex Kovalev said:
I havent been watching the game but why isnt Olesz playing?
I'm interested as well. I'm guessing it has something to do with his unsportsmanlike conduct..?

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Joe_Strummer said:
uuummm Schwarz > Olesz

Olesz leads the tournament in goals (tied). He is a vast majority of their offense. Without him on the ice the US just mauls Vrana and his other linemates whereas they couldnt if he was out their. The play of the Czechs has evaporated with his loss.

So in this game right now, it would be

OLESZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SCHWARZ

But thanks for coming out.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
I'm interested as well. I'm guessing it has something to do with his unsportsmanlike conduct..?

He was hit quite hard and I think one of his shoulder is sore. I don't know the extent of the injury though.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Jacobv2 said:

He got tied up with Mike Brown and Brown hurt him somehow.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Jake Dowell missed a wide open net. Schwarz out of position and a defender slid across the ice.....of course Dowell, the grinder and non goal scorer couldnt lift it a foot off the ice, where the rest of the net was wide open, AWFUL.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
And the Americans season ends on something that epitomizes the tournament.

An awful play by the defence followed by an embarassing goal allowed by Montoya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad