Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Sweden will have problems to get a team to send. 4 players and 3 leaders including the coach must stay home after getting confirmed with Covid. A Canadian working for Sweden as an assistant coach (Todd Woodcroft) might replace the Monten although some people in the press doubt they will even be able to send a team at all.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Were they part of the USDP longer than Stuble? Trying to make sense of what they are thinking

Struble never played for the USNTDP, that was Farrell.

here's the players they brought in,

Boston University Trio Replaced on World Junior Camp Roster

The issue with struble is he is always hurt.

he was hurt for the summer camps, he's healthy now. They just went in another direction. His season starts on Saturday so can't wait to see how he looks.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Defencemen Matthew Robertson, Mason Millman and Daemon Hunt and forwards Ridly Greig and Xavier Simoneau were sent home before camp resumed.

Unable to proceed with camp, not a hockey decision but a health one.

People tend to forget how hard 14 days of isolation can be.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Defencemen Matthew Robertson, Mason Millman and Daemon Hunt and forwards Ridly Greig and Xavier Simoneau were sent home before camp resumed.

Unable to proceed with camp, not a hockey decision but a health one.

People tend to forget how hard 14 days of isolation can be.

I think you're over rating it.

You can still text, facetime, snapchat, play chel with the boys. Yeah not seeing anyone in person for 14 days sucks, but when you're sent back home, you still have to isolate.

If they are sick, I assume because they can'tdo anything for 14 days they're essentially useless to the team and thus are cut.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

If hockey canada and the organizers, do not make exceptions for this year's tournament, that will be disgusting. I know TSN will be thrilled calling a 29-0 win over a swedish team missing 8 of its best players, and being coached by some dude named Bjorn who last played in 1987, but that's about it.

Reactions: kevsavard95

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Struble never played for the USNTDP, that was Farrell.

here's the players they brought in,

Boston University Trio Replaced on World Junior Camp Roster

he was hurt for the summer camps, he's healthy now. They just went in another direction. His season starts on Saturday so can't wait to see how he looks.
Where did you get your info Struble was 100% can’t wait to watch the kid again, such a sleeper if he can stay healthy.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Kleven getting tapped over Struble is...interesting, to say the least

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If hockey canada and the organizers, do not make exceptions for this year's tournament, that will be disgusting. I know TSN will be thrilled calling a 29-0 win over a swedish team missing 8 of its best players, and being coached by some dude named Bjorn who last played in 1987, but that's about it.

Swedes don't loose in regulation and if they do, they have an excuse now

Reactions: donghabs98 and Habs

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

If a little cough prevents you from playing the game, maybe you're not supposed to play anyway.

LdtKtHU.png
No mercy.

Reactions: Habs

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Struble not making as a higher pick is a little disappointing. I mean we can spin it but end of the day, as we see with Romanov hype, making it and doing well means 'something'. Tuch can still make it next year at least.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Struble not making as a higher pick is a little disappointing. I mean we can spin it but end of the day, as we see with Romanov hype, making it and doing well means 'something'. Tuch can still make it next year at least.

"It's just a small tournament anyways". That's the reply when you say Romanov will be a good one. Romanov was a top D man that stood out in the eye test and he had great production... two years in a row! I'm with you on that 100%!

From what I know and have seen... many prospects bust but making the WJC at 18 is a serious accomplishment in development. Guys like Harris, Norlinder, Juulsen, Mete were only good enough to play in their age 19 seasons.

Reactions: Hins77

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
"It's just a small tournament anyways". That's the reply when you say Romanov will be a good one. Romanov was a top D man that stood out in the eye test and he had great production... two years in a row! I'm with you on that 100%!

From what I know and have seen... many prospects bust but making the WJC at 18 is a serious accomplishment in development. Guys like Harris, Norlinder, Juulsen, Mete were only good enough to play in their age 19 seasons.

'It's just a small tournament' was definitely popular more before Romanov when there was several years of mediocre representation.

Emelin/Subban/Sergachev were other Habs picks who made it at 18. Tinordi/Juulsen/Beaulieu/Mete/Harris/Norlinder/McDonagh/Brook all made it at 19 from our D draft picks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
'It's just a small tournament' was definitely popular more before Romanov when there was several years of mediocre representation.

Emelin/Subban/Sergachev were other Habs picks who made it at 18. Tinordi/Juulsen/Beaulieu/Mete/Harris/Norlinder/McDonagh/Brook all made it at 19 from our D draft picks.

Making the tournament is a great accomplishment. Some guys look so so and some are tournament leaders. Some tournament leaders still end up disappointing and that's fair. But in Romanov's case, we are talking about a guy who made the KHL at 18 and was a dominate force in back to back WJC. That's some rare resume boys and girls. People acting like this has been done before many times are reaching

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The WJC's are a great experience for the prospects to learn things from but it can get overrated as it is a short tournament and at times you are facing some really weak countries. Look at Collberg, at 17 he had almost as many points the the WJC's then he had in the U-18's, his first 2 WJC's he had 13 pts in 12 games, played in the SHL at 17 for most of the season, same at 18. But he just peaked imo, broke the record for U-18 scoring in the J-20 until Raymond and Holtz came along. So clearly he was something very good early on but just couldn't progress at all.

What happens to one prospect good or bad doesn't mean anything for others, Romanov we just have to wait and see how he does. Either he keeps progressing or not, only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad