Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Guhle making it is good news, Guhle being a regular in the top 6 is great news. There's been a lot of negative opinions after the draft on him, I can't say I know either way as I've only seen a little of him but liked what i saw. Even Subban wasn't a regular in the top 6 at 18 and if you recall from those days some were calling him a bust (shocking I know) because he had 0 pts in 7 games.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Damn. That is all I have to say. And I've glanced over the USA Hockey thread complaining about in-house decisions that reek of favoritism.

The kid may be playing with a chip on his shoulder now, if he wasn't already.
Who are you guys talking about? Farrell? Was trying to find in the thread but I couldn't.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guhle is D1 for Team Canada at 18 years old? Do I see that right?

I wouldn't read too much into the practice lines. But I expect him to be Top-4. In the reds vs. whites scrimmages, he was the top pair on one team with Barron and Byram and Drysdale were the top pair on the other team.

So the way I looked at that is that they put the top two pairs on each scrimmage team. Kind of like how Weber is on one part of the training camp roster and Petry is on the other.

So I think Byram - Drysdale will be the top pair and Guhle - Barron will be the second pair.

Tourigny is a big fan of Guhle's.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Guhle making it is good news, Guhle being a regular in the top 6 is great news. There's been a lot of negative opinions after the draft on him, I can't say I know either way as I've only seen a little of him but liked what i saw. Even Subban wasn't a regular in the top 6 at 18 and if you recall from those days some were calling him a bust (shocking I know) because he had 0 pts in 7 games.
I'm a pretty strongly anti-Guhle, but he's fine at this level. I worry about his offensive potential and how his transition game will affect his ability to play in a top 4 in the NHL, but he's certainly capable of filling certain roles.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'm a pretty strongly anti-Guhle, but he's fine at this level. I worry about his offensive potential and how his transition game will affect his ability to play in a top 4 in the NHL, but he's certainly capable of filling certain roles.
He is absolutely great in transition... Only question mark is his shot at this point...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I wouldn't read too much into the practice lines. But I expect him to be Top-4. In the reds vs. whites scrimmages, he was the top pair on one team with Barron and Byram and Drysdale were the top pair on the other team.

So the way I looked at that is that they put the top two pairs on each scrimmage team. Kind of like how Weber is on one part of the training camp roster and Petry is on the other.

So I think Byram - Drysdale will be the top pair and Guhle - Barron will be the second pair.

Tourigny is a big fan of Guhle's.

Guhle will be used more in a shutdown role than the Byram -Drysdale pairing, IMO but, he will see plenty of minutes in those missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad