Prospect Info: WJC 2020-21 - Let's Watch the Kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Was a fun period to watch. Boldy is the man. Zegras looks amazing, too. Trying not to rip on Caufield but he doesn't have the hockey IQ Boldy does and doesn't understand Beniers style...give those two the puck and get open...stop trying to dangle and skate through people.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Was a fun period to watch. Boldy is the man. Zegras looks amazing, too. Trying not to rip on Caufield but he doesn't have the hockey IQ Boldy does and doesn't understand Beniers style...give those two the puck and get open...stop trying to dangle and skate through people.

I disagree with this. This is what's holding that line back. Boldy and Beniers can both play a physical, grinding, cycling game, and Caufield can't. All he does is try to get open for a pass, and it results in Boldy and Beniers playing 2v3 often. Boldy and Beniers need another possession player who can play off of them.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I think Caufield can play with Boldy and Berniers, all he needs to is make the safe, easy, play unless he’s in a scoring position. As well as get to the dirty areas when needed. The boards are to keep the pucks in the rink, not the players. The puck will find him if he does that.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zegras is filthy

Quick hands, quick mind

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I disagree with this. This is what's holding that line back. Boldy and Beniers can both play a physical, grinding, cycling game, and Caufield can't. All he does is try to get open for a pass, and it results in Boldy and Beniers playing 2v3 often. Boldy and Beniers need another possession player who can play off of them.

My opinion is Caufield is the winger (in other words, they aren't going to change lines), and he doesn't drive possession, so he needs to let those two do their thing and not slow them down. Every time they cycle and he tries to get involved or get fancy, it leads to a turnover. He needs to simplify his game and just go north/south and get open. Boldy will find you.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Canada can't play at this pace. With legit officiating this would be ugly

I have to say, I'm a little bit pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect the US team to keep up this pace for this long either. It's great to see that their best game, by far, is against Canada in the gold medal game though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Excellent play by Caufield to drive into the corner, lose the puck, and get knocked over

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
US is sagging. Need to survive the next 3 minutes
Yeah this was my concern. They're starting to slow down and Canada has the skill to make them pay if they do.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This is the "slimmed down" version of Kaliyev? He looks like he is lugging a piano on his back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad