Prospect Info: WJC 2020-21 - Let's Watch the Kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I'm sure someone can answer this for me here:

How many kids on Team Canada are products of/currently playing NCAA hockey?

I am just wondering.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
So playing on that smaller rink, Canada probably should have had a slight advantage.

They are saying that Canadian team is one of the best ever constructed. Super win by America.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So playing on that smaller rink, Canada probably should have had a slight advantage.

They are saying that Canadian team is one of the best ever constructed. Super win by America.

I don't think many college teams play on international sized rinks anymore. Even the Mariucci reduced their sheet size 5 or so years ago.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

NCAA players play regularly against older players and are thus more pro ready. Team USA played a pro game last night while Canada appeared to be playing a junior style of game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Team Canada had an off night, and Team USA was opportunistic, but more importantly, played the most disciplined defense that I had seen from them all tournament.

Canada played, and beat, teams like Finland and Russia that have actual pros throughout the lineup, not just players who played like pros.

Boldy was terrific. A really good all round player who is only going to get better. Love guys who are smart and versatile. I will admit that i didn't really "get" him till I saw his performance at this tournament.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
NCAA players play regularly against older players and are thus more pro ready. Team USA played a pro game last night while Canada appeared to be playing a junior style of game.

But I've been reading that the only two players in the tournament that were NHL-ready were on Canada.

I watched periods of Canada and they always looked like the best team in the tournament to me. Though USA did get better as the tourney went on.

I don't think many college teams play on international sized rinks anymore. Even the Mariucci reduced their sheet size 5 or so years ago.

How many NCAA rinks are Olympic size anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Team Canada had an off night, and Team USA was opportunistic, but more importantly, played the most disciplined defense that I had seen from them all tournament.

Canada played, and beat, teams like Finland and Russia that have actual pros throughout the lineup, not just players who played like pros.

Boldy was terrific. A really good all round player who is only going to get better. Love guys who are smart and versatile. I will admit that i didn't really "get" him till I saw his performance at this tournament.
Team Canada was a team that was beating teams with skating, not skill. The US skated Canada into the ice. It wasn't an off night

Reactions: zellmatic

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That was a 50/50 game. A couple of bounces and it could have gone the other way. No one was skated in the ice. Too bad their obnoxious fans weren’t there.
It became that late in the 2nd and into the 3rd because the US backed off to defend.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

I don't mean this negatively *but* is there reason to think that he could be the version of Charlie Coyle that we thought would be an allstar at some point? Hoping beyond hope that Coyle isn't Boldy's 'upside'.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
cozens hit the post in late 1st i think, also the breakaway they missed either could have changed the entire game. unimaginable win by the underdog. canada 41-4 goal differential going into this game , arguably the best wj canadian team ever.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
cozens hit the post in late 1st i think, also the breakaway they missed either could have changed the entire game. unimaginable win by the underdog. canada 41-4 goal differential going into this game , arguably the best wj canadian team ever.

On paper.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
US did have to though, Canada was the deeper team and the US was losing a bit of steam.
It obviously worked out for them but it's really debatable that they had to do it. Canada had 9 shots in the 1st and then had 1 shot in the first 13 minutes of the 2nd(a dump on net from the blueline) . The US dominated that game right up until the point that they decided to sit on the lead.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Once the US knew Canada has no chance of getting inside or creating shots from the slot or between the hashes and all their shots came from outside the dots it is was obvious who was going to win.

Canada needed some blue collar guys who were willing to go to the dirty areas to create chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->