Prospect Info: Wjc 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He won't make the team, he was always the player without a line in camp

For me, he is there 'cause he improved a whole lot and they have to see what's the deal with him. But if he goes back to what he looked like in the summer, he will cut really easily. Just thinking that him playing the wings might be detrimental yet, the C's are pretty tough to beat on this team. This is a really really strong team. Mac has to win a spot big time to make it. Didn't do enough in the 1st. 2 periods to go.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'm just not at ease with Fucale in net. Don't see a whole lot of confidence there (note to Zach, when I bash people, they then play incredible right after)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
That 4th US line is just extremely slow. Mac doesn't skate well today.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Good to see Domi and Duclair play well together. Should provide well needed secondary scoring at the tournament.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
lol at the BU announcers on McCarron. After he hit one BU player for the 2nd time, they were joking around saying McCarron must not like him. Then after a big hit in the BU defensive zone, they said McCarron is a mean player, maybe he doesn't like BU and asked where he was recruited and when the other announcer said he plays for the London Knights he said now I see why.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
lol at the BU announcers on McCarron. After he hit one BU player for the 2nd time, they were joking around saying McCarron must not like him. Then after a big hit in the BU defensive zone, they said McCarron is a mean player, maybe he doesn't like BU and asked where he was recruited and when the other announcer said he plays for the London Knights he said now I see why.

The legend continues. Big Mac <3

tumblr_ncds9a7oaA1tctm09o1_400.gif

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Fucale was a little shaky, fought the puck a fair bit. Not the best I've seen him play.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Willing to give him a chance, but every time I've seen him I've never been impressed.

While it's WAY too soon to cut him off from anything, I do have my reservations about him. You cannot be known as a goalie who rebounds after bad goals. That means that you are giving way too many bad goals so that you can actually verify that "strength". I do have my questions marks. Yet again, it's not a practice nor even the WJC that will change my mind one way or the other.

Too bad they named him to the team and he didn't have to earn a spot. Wish they could cut him now.

It made no sense to not have Jarry brought in. Fucale is not having that great of a year, while Jarry does. And we keep hearing how that kind of tournament is about who is hot and who's not. Makes no sense.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Still a good game despite Canada losing. The game was over by what 21:10 including OT? Fast pace, good skating the whole game. Should be a great tournament this year.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Team CAN will be making cuts tonight.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
For me, Mac didn't do enough. But in the end, he improved as the game progressed. Wasn't blessed with the greatest linemates. Was obviously not put in a position to succeed.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
@usahockey: Preliminary roster for U.S. National Junior Team trimmed by three with F Adam Erne, F Michael McCarron and D Jack Dougherty …

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
@usahockey: Preliminary roster for U.S. National Junior Team trimmed by three with F Adam Erne, F Michael McCarron and D Jack Dougherty …

Damn, definitely thought he'd find his way onto the team. Who's going to fill his role on the fourth line?

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
It sucks that Big Mac was cut but it doesnt mean much other then I dont get to watch more of him :( .. Dal Colle was cut by Canada I bet that isnt going over well

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Damn, definitely thought he'd find his way onto the team. Who's going to fill his role on the fourth line?

Apparently that Miles Wood kid played well last night.

Players left:

Forwards
Motte-Eichel-Tuch
Schmaltz-Compher-Bracco
Milano-De Leo-Louis
X-Cassels-Wood

Scratches
Hayden
Larkin
Fasching
Matthews

Defense
Downing-Collins
Butcher-DeAngelo
Hanifin-Carlo

Scratches
McCoshen
Santini
Werenski

Goal
Halverson
Nedeljkovic

Scratches
Demko

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Bummer, but I feel its no comment on Mac. Seemed like he'd have to move mountains to get a spot coming in, and his junior performance is too encouraging for me to get too upset. Just would have been awesome to see him crushing people and I guess I'd have a reason to cheer for that damn US jersey for the first time in a while. Kinda glad not to in a way :)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Let's put this in a tournament way of seeing things. He was cut before the summer camp ended. The only reason why he was brought back it's because he was just incredible. Yet.....was used on an offensive role at C....There was no point in having back in that tournament if you take a guy who is succesful at C in an offensive role, to put him on the 4th on the wings in a banging role.

He had to do more. He didn't. And the US will/should have guys that will be better than him to do the job in Hayden and maybe even Fasching. As I said before, I'm not saying he was THAT much more noticeable, but I prefered Wood game yesterday's than Mac even if Mac looked better as the game progressed. But he was starting with 2 strikes....

Note: It means NOTHING as far as his value as a prospect or his future as a NHL'er. And EVERYTIME people will want to believe that it does, I will bring the name Ryan McDonagh....EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00