Prospect Info: Wjc 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The WJC's are getting closer, my favorite hockey tournament and the Habs should have a number of interesting prospects in action.

Team Canada
Zach Fucale- he's a lock as a returning player.

Team Finland
Artturi Lehkonen- a lock as it will be his 3rd U-20's and he should be among the top scorers in the tournament.

Team Sweden
Jacob de la Rose- a lock as it will be his 3rd U-20's as well, I would think he wears a letter and could be the C.

Team Slovakia
Martin Reway- a lock as it will be his 3rd U-20's and he should be among the top scorers in the tournament.

Last edited:

CanuckBeSerious

Legendary Frog
Nov 1, 2011
Montréal
Regarding Scherbak, he was added to the Russian roster for some Subway Super Series game. This may imply that he has a good chance of making the team.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Exciting to see a bunch of habs prospects doing well internationally.

Since I'll be going to every single game I think It's going to be fun to have specific players to watch

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Regarding Scherbak, he was added to the Russian roster for some Subway Super Series game. This may imply that he has a good chance of making the team.

yea I saw that and figured he's got to be a lock to make the WJC's, imo the only way he doesn't make it is if it's some political move.

Since I'll be going to every single game I think It's going to be fun to have specific players to watch

The good thing about this years tourney for those that attend the games, is that if all 6 do in fact make it, they will have 6 different teams to follow.

Group A-
Finland
Canada
Slovakia
USA
Germany

Group B-
Sweden
Russia
Czech Rep
Swiss
Denmark

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I've got tickets to a number of the group games!
Can't wait...

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I saw Fucale during the summer camp and spoke with him briefly. He's so poised and confident, yet humble. Real nice guy.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Hoping that players like Bo Horvat, Max Domi, Darnell Nurse, Jared McCann, Johnathan Drouin, Nathan MacKinnon, Michael Del Colle, and Aaron Ekblad are made available to Team Canada's entry for the U/20 WJHC's to be held here in Canada. Making our entry as strong as possible after the disappointing showings the last couple of years in Sweden & Russia.

There will be at least 6 very strong teams as usual, add 3 countries to that list of growing hockey powers, with the Swiss, Germans and Danes having very good programs for their youngsters. As they are producing more 1st, 2nd and 3rd round Entry Draftees, each year alongside a much more competitive Czech/Slovak prospects, that are making great strides once again.

The parity of hockey nations seem to coincide with the strength of each NHL franchise. With all of these great prospects, the WJHC's become even greater entertainment for all the fans worldwide, Canada needs to field their best prospects in hopes of winning Gold, maintaining their position as the leading nation producing the majority of great prospects. Go Canada Go!!!!......:handclap::handclap::handclap:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm really excited for this year's Worlds. Fucale gets to play some games at the Bell Centre and I don't have to get up early to watch Team Canada play! :handclap:

I saw Fucale during the summer camp and spoke with him briefly. He's so poised and confident, yet humble. Real nice guy.

He has what it takes to be a goalie in Montreal. Poised, confident, humble and mentally strong. All things very important to have when being a goalie in Montreal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
getting closer. Team USA opens camp on Tuesday, going to need a good camp from McCarron but either way you gota love the fact that it took only 21 games this year to score more goals then he did all of last year. Nice progress from the big man! :handclap::yo:

Waiting to hear who will get letters for Team Slovakia, as Lehkonen will be wearing the C and I am expecting DLR to also get the C for Sweden.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'll probably say this till.....if....they win the Gold....but can't believe Russia didn't invite Scherbak.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hanifin.is.a.dream.

And now, Eichel with a ridiculous wrister, that makes 2-0. 2 goals while being....shorthanded.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Great scoring chance for Mac, put himself in a great situation to receive the pass but his shot was stopped by the D.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yet, based on this 1st period, Mac did almost nothing to be noticed out there. Don't seem to be too much chemistry between his linemates. One great scoring for him but most of his other shifts was either not involved in the play or BU had a few chances on their own when his line was in. Nobody on that line made an impression frankly....Mac needs to be more energetic. Big guy for big guy, even if he wasn't that great either, I thought Miles Wood looked better. And frankly, Wood, Cassels, Erne and McCarron looked like the easy out since guys like Larkin, Matthews, Fasching and Hayden are all scratched and would seem to have their spot already....

2 periods to go Mac. Show them.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yet, based on this 1st period, Mac did almost nothing to be noticed out there. Don't seem to be too much chemistry between his linemates. One great scoring for him but most of his other shifts was either not involved in the play or BU had a few chances on their own when his line was in. Nobody on that line made an impression frankly....Mac needs to be more energetic. Big guy for big guy, even if he wasn't that great either, I thought Miles Wood looked better. And frankly, Wood, Cassels, Erne and McCarron looked like the easy out since guys like Larkin, Matthews, Fasching and Hayden are all scratched and would seem to have their spot already....

2 periods to go Mac. Show them.
Personally I liked his physicality on the forecheck, he did try to finish his hits and to back check as hard as he could. But you're right, there wasn't much to see from the forth line, they had really short shifts too, pretty much in and out. On another note, without much surprise both Eichel and Hanifin just oozes upside and athleticism. They're just flying out there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Personally I liked his physicality on the forecheck, he did try to finish his hits and to back check as hard as he could. But you're right, there wasn't much to see from the forth line, they had really short shifts too, pretty much in and out. On another note, without much surprise both Eichel and Hanifin just oozes upside and athleticism. They're just flying out there.

i also liked his physical play, at least he was consistently finishing his checks.

on a side note, I really like Oksanen, hope the Habs make a push to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad