Prospect Info: Wjc 2012

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Rakell wasn't bad, he was just not as good as expected. The fact that Ronnberg put him out there for a long, long shift when Sweden desperately tried to tie the game at the end should tell you something.

A WJC tournament is a short sample size, and I don't think you can write his whole season off as a dissappointment, especially if your not even watching the OHL. His teammates and former first rounders Tom Wilson (although a year younger) and Stefan Noesen aren't producing any better numbers.

Rakell was underwhelming but still had six assists in the tournament. Imagine if he was on his game...

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't understand how Forsberg made the tournament all star team. I did miss 2 of Sweden's games but in the games I saw he was constantly turning the puck over and making poor decisions.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
You make some good points and of couse Im not saying you´re wrong. But if I should sum up my thoughts of the wjc, I would say it was a great team performance that lacked that "star-finish".
Just wanted to say I thought you were stating a fair argument as well. Expectations certainly are expected to be different between individuals, so I can't expect everyone to be entirely in line with me. But I'm happy that you can see what I meant. :)

Anyone notice Rakell throw his stick at the end? Even if Trocheck missed that would've been an automatic goal. And he's the one that turned it over for the empty netter chance if I saw the highlights correctly.
Yeah, I saw that, and wasn't too happy with it. Then again, I have to remind myself what kind of situation he was in. He just gave up the puck to seal his country's fate in a world championship final - the amount of frustration tied to that is really hard to imagine. He obviously couldn't change everything, and it wasn't a smart thing to do in any way, but at that age, if that was the worst decision I made, I would be quite a bit further than I am today, I suppose. :laugh: I can't blame him too much for that situation being overwhelming to him.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't understand how Forsberg made the tournament all star team. I did miss 2 of Sweden's games but in the games I saw he was constantly turning the puck over and making poor decisions.

I dont understand either.. its disgusting IMO.

Oct 18, 2011
So Gibson has dominated every level of competition, and he's still not good enough to be in HF's top 50 I think his accomplishments have surpassed Jack Campbells now

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

I dont understand either.. its disgusting IMO.

I think the voters felt like they had to put a Swedish forward on the all star team because they got silver.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think the voters felt like they had to put a Swedish forward on the all star team because they got silver.
I'd still say that Lindholm or Arvidsson would be better choices.

Speaking of which, I liked Lindholm more than Barkov during this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad