Prospect Info: Wjc 2012

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Rakell is a player that is better than stats indicate
That's what SP and I were saying. This guy is one of the prospects in our pool that I'm the most confident will make it. He isn't even getting much time on the PK - one of his strengths. :nod:

Oct 18, 2011
That's what SP and I were saying. This guy is one of the prospects in our pool that I'm the most confident will make it. He isn't even getting much time on the PK - one of his strengths. :nod:
Every time I see him i completely disregard his OHL stats, he just always seems like one of the best players out there

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Fun game to watch so far.

Rakell looks very impressive. I hope we stick with the Swedish drafting philosophy, that de la Rose kid is very skilled and shifty and one other guy really stuck out to me, but I couldn't fully understand what the announcer was calling him. I think it was Wennberg, but Im not sure.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's an exhibition. He's their number 1 defenseman. It would have been the same story for the US if Jones had played. These games are to decide who gets cut, so the lower guys get more ice time.

that`s what i thought (hoped), but had to get confirmation to feel better :)
Thanks.

Did Rakell and Karlsson were good all the game?
Forsberg a captain?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Rakell indeed looked very good, I thought. He should be fun to follow throughout the tournament, looks like he'll play a big role for this team. He's just playing with a lot of confidence in his combination of strength and skill, almost making it odd that the latter used to be a question mark when we drafted him. He seems to be the go-to guy on the Swedish powerplay, and made some really nice plays there, even though I missed the goal.

Karlsson wasn't quite as noticeable, but he just missed on a nice shot in the 1st.

Can we please have your swedish scout?
We'll gladly keep him/them, I guess. :)

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
that`s what i thought (hoped), but had to get confirmation to feel better :)
Thanks.

Did Rakell and Karlsson were good all the game?
Forsberg a captain?
I thought Rakell was Sweden's best player, but Forsberg was on the same level. He was great all game.

Karlsson was hit and miss.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'd be a bit nervous if I were Canadian, with the way Subban has looked.

I also liked the mobility of the US team, especially on the blue line. They could go far if Gibson plays well.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I've always touted Rakell as one of our top prospects. I'm confident he'll shine in WJC.

Well, this season he seems to have been judged primarily on his offensive numbers in the Juniors, and I have to admit, I didn't really like that at all. Based on the little I've seen of him, Rakell struck me as a player who is so much more than his stats. He seemed to have a complete game, with the type of intangibles that can make GM's salivate. The kind of player you need to see to appreciate what he can do for your team.

I just felt like it was a disservice to him to look at the stat sheet and determine that he needed to be better. With some players, I think that might be applicable, but to me Rakell is playing a professional game at the Junior level, and numbers just don't tell you that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fun game to watch so far.

Rakell looks very impressive. I hope we stick with the Swedish drafting philosophy, that de la Rose kid is very skilled and shifty and one other guy really stuck out to me, but I couldn't fully understand what the announcer was calling him. I think it was Wennberg, but Im not sure.

Alex Wennberg. He's slated to go third or fourth round but I think that should change come June. He's got second round skill. Gotta think the Ducks are gonna give him a good look.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well, this season he seems to have been judged primarily on his offensive numbers in the Juniors, and I have to admit, I didn't really like that at all. Based on the little I've seen of him, Rakell struck me as a player who is so much more than his stats. He seemed to have a complete game, with the type of intangibles that can make GM's salivate. The kind of player you need to see to appreciate what he can do for your team.

I just felt like it was a disservice to him to look at the stat sheet and determine that he needed to be better. With some players, I think that might be applicable, but to me Rakell is playing a professional game at the Junior level, and numbers just don't tell you that.

I don`t think that expecting better offensive numbers than previous season, is a bad thing in juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad