Prospect Info: Wjc 2012

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It would spoil the prospect, not the pick. How was anyone to know that Parlett would throw a headshot on him back at the draft?

That's what I meant.

Trouba still makes it hard to not wish we had picked him. I might say that a few more times before they both go big but I definitely think we could've done worse. Hampus certainly looks like one of the top picks so far.

Speaking of 2012 picks, yakupov has been scary bad.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
How about his potential? Career backup?

Well, it's all but impossible to say with guys making the jump over at that type of age - he is 30 years old, after all. I haven't seen much from him, and not enough to make much more than general statements about his playing style compared to others. I'll really have to do what we all do, and wait and see how he performs in Anaheim. But with goalies I rarely think they inherently lack the potential to be a starter, and it's even more a question of consistently playing up to it.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Well, it's all but impossible to say with guys making the jump over at that type of age - he is 30 years old, after all. I haven't seen much from him, and not enough to make much more than general statements about his playing style compared to others. I'll really have to do what we all do, and wait and see how he performs in Anaheim. But with goalies I rarely think they inherently lack the potential to be a starter, and it's even more a question of consistently playing up to it.

That's a good point. I find it hard to really gauge goalies. Thanks for the insight. :)

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
stings a bit when you see how good Trouba's been, still early though.

How so? Trouba's doing well against his peers. Lindholm proved to us Duck fans that he was our best prospect at the AHL level, as well with the AHL coaches. That includes all of our top prospects of Palmieri, Etem, Devo, Holland, and Vatanen playing on the same ice.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah I wouldn't say it's a sting or anything. Too early to say really and I was one of trouba's biggest fans last year. I thought for sure Minnesota would pick him. Would've loved him here in Anaheim as we don't really have a ton of blueliners who play a physical two way game the way Jacob does (other than Sbisa. Not sold on Clark). I thought he'd be a nice compliment for Fowler. But if Lindholm ends up being in the same mold as OEL, Larson, or Hedman I'll be very happy.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Yea I wish I could have seen Lindholm play against Russia. After watching how good Trouba looked I wanted to watch Lindholm to compare. Actually, I dont think I've ever seen him play. But, yea Trouba looked pretty good.

But, I really came here to post about Seth Jones. That kid is a stud at D. Even though we need to draft offense if we somehow had 1-2 pick I think I would want Jones. Big, athletic, and has great hockey IQ. And I haven't been impressed really watching MacKinnon (I guess that is from how much hype he had on the prospects board).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You should always draft the best player available. If that's Seth Jones, then so be it. Anyhow, we could always have a need for highly talented blueliners since they're a premium.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Soooooooooooo back to my gambling issues, I bet Russia at +175, the game seems like a crapshoot to me so getting that good of odds means I could not resist. Go Russia!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad