Prospect Info: Wjc 2012

Corey Perry*

How am I supposed to talk about the game when they locked the GDT? lol

Edit: They unlocked it. I had never seen a gdt closed from non post limit reasons.

Corey Perry*

Steve Mears, the pbp guy on the NHL net stream, is a pretty solid Play-by-Play guy. Like him so far.

5 min left. I want the USA to win, but it's hard to root against Rakell and Karlsson (and Lindholm). Go everybody!

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
I aint even mad they lost. USA deserved it. Im very mad that forsberg is getting all that cred( all Star team, best swed f) when he sucked.

I hate him so much right now.

Corey Perry*

I aint even mad they lost. USA deserved it. Im very mad that forsberg is getting all that cred( all Star team, best swed f) when he sucked.

I hate him so much right now.

At least Karlsson won player of the game.

MillerTime2181

Nov 3, 2010
What's the ETA for Gibson in a Ducks uniform? He looked great. Ducks fans should be excited for their future in net.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
At least Karlsson won player of the game.

Not without reason, I thought. The US boys were outstanding at shutting everything down, but he did make some things happen and creatively set up a few plays, while also being a force in the backcheck. I liked him better than Rakell, tonight.

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
Really think Rakell has been a dissapointment troughout the wjc. Supposed to be his third but didnt contribute much more then the first time. Accepteble 2-way forward but really wasnt the star Sweden needed him and Forsberg to be.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Really think Rakell has been a dissapointment troughout the wjc. Supposed to be his third but didnt contribute much more then the first time. Accepteble 2-way forward but really wasnt the star Sweden needed him and Forsberg to be.

Completely my thoughts on Rakell

Even though some doesn`t agree with me, i think his whole season is a dissapointment

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gibson 1st in saves, save%, GAA and tied for shutouts, even though, the first shutout was taken away from him, so he should be the only one with 2 in tournament.

Karlsson 5th in FO with 62,63%

No goals were scored by Ducks prospects

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

I have seen that line of thinking from a lot of Swedes, and I don't really agree with it. Sweden would have needed him to be more for what? They played an amazing tournament, and that success wasn't built on star players, it was all about rational decision making and team defense. There was just no way through either Sweden or the US, no matter who the star players were - including guys like RNH or Yakupov. I'd agree in so far as to say that his offensive game wasn't perfectly suited for the way the Swedes played, but he made his impact by sticking to the team's game plan and focussing on sound two-way play.

The Swedes as a team really shouldn't be disappointed, with the situation they were in to start this tournament, they pulled of an amazing feat to make it to the final. They made that as close as it could be, with all the goals on either side coming of bounces. Nothing but credit to the entire team from me.

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
I have seen that line of thinking from a lot of Swedes, and I don't really agree with it. Sweden would have needed him to be more for what? They played an amazing tournament, and that success wasn't built on star players, it was all about rational decision making and team defense. There was just no way through either Sweden or the US, no matter who the star players were - including guys like RNH or Yakupov. I'd agree in so far as to say that his offensive game wasn't perfectly suited for the way the Swedes played, but he made his impact by sticking to the team's game plan and focussing on sound two-way play.

The Swedes as a team really shouldn't be disappointed, with the situation they were in to start this tournament, they pulled of an amazing feat to make it to the final. They made that as close as it could be, with all the goals on either side coming of bounces. Nothing but credit to the entire team from me.

Its his third tournament, he should be able to have a much bigger inpact on the squad then he did. Sure he did get 6assist but more then that I and probably 90% of my fellow countrymen agree that he were a big dissapointment. I dont watch OHL so I cant comment on his game over there, but it seems that on the small sample that is the wjc, his development has almost come to a halt.

Regarding star players and such I think it was because of that we didnt win the tournament. The team did a fantastic job with what we had and it was a real team effort. But(the lack of star players, or effort of those we had) that really showed when we where down 2-1. Forsberg and Rakell really didnt to much in that time more then loosing the puck, instead it was Sanberg and Boyce who I think showed a bigger will to win. That was the time for especially Forsberg to step up, but he didnt. Really missed having someone like Zibanejad or Nemeth/Brodin/Klefbom in that situation.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Its his third tournament, he should be able to have a much bigger inpact on the squad then he did. Sure he did get 6assist but more then that I and probably 90% of my fellow countrymen agree that he were a big dissapointment. I dont watch OHL so I cant comment on his game over there, but it seems that on the small sample that is the wjc, his development has almost come to a halt.

Regarding star players and such I think it was because of that we didnt win the tournament. The team did a fantastic job with what we had and it was a real team effort. But(the lack of star players, or effort of those we had) that really showed when we where down 2-1. Forsberg and Rakell really didnt to much in that time more then loosing the puck, instead it was Sanberg and Boyce who I think showed a bigger will to win. That was the time for especially Forsberg to step up, but he didnt. Really missed having someone like Zibanejad or Nemeth/Brodin/Klefbom in that situation.

Well, I still disagree, and I think the comments from 90% of the Swedes aren't entirely fair and have a bit to do with channeling the disappointment of a loss in a final. I don't think Zibanejad could have done anyhting against this American defensive system that RNH and any other player in this tournament couldn't. They just entirely suffocated everything. That's where the credit needs to be. If a guy putting up great numbers in the NHL like RNH wasn't able to do that, it sure as hell should not be expected from Rakell or even Forsberg. Sanberg was more noticeable, but that's the way he plays, somewhat like Arvidsson (?). I don't think it was really any more effective or dangerous. There just wasn't more in reach today and in this tourney.

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
Well, I still disagree, and I think the comments from 90% of the Swedes aren't entirely fair and have a bit to do with channeling the disappointment of a loss in a final. I don't think Zibanejad could have done anyhting against this American defensive system that RNH and any other player in this tournament couldn't. They just entirely suffocated everything. That's where the credit needs to be. If a guy putting up great numbers in the NHL like RNH wasn't able to do that, it sure as hell should not be expected from Rakell or even Forsberg. Sanberg was more noticeable, but that's the way he plays, somewhat like Arvidsson (?). I don't think it was really any more effective or dangerous. There just wasn't more in reach today and in this tourney.

Its the wjc, any player can step up and perform, may it be a nhl-star or som random guy from russia. USA had great defense not saying that I expect Rakell to rack up 3goals agaist them. But overall this whole tournament he and some other guys just wasnt up to the standard they shouldve been. And it looked like Sanberg played great because he did. Tried new thing and always really pushed himself.

But yeah we lost, and some may blame rakell for the 3-1 goal, I however think if the guys that needed to step up would have done so maybe the result would have been different, or at least they should have showed something.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Its the wjc, any player can step up and perform, may it be a nhl-star or som random guy from russia. USA had great defense not saying that I expect Rakell to rack up 3goals agaist them. But overall this whole tournament he and some other guys just wasnt up to the standard they shouldve been. And it looked like Sanberg played great because he did. Tried new thing and always really pushed himself.

But yeah we lost, and some may blame rakell for the 3-1 goal, I however think if the guys that needed to step up would have done so maybe the result would have been different, or at least they should have showed something.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I do think Sweden got to where they were because the entire team showed something and especially everyone pushed themselves. The games today and especially against Russia that was a tremendous team performance, without any exceptions - the fight and unconditional battle was there all the way throughout the lineup. It was merely a necessity to play the way they did, and obviously it takes a toll on the players' ability to make plays offensively. And I certainly wasn't trying to say that Sanberg didn't play great, just that his style suited the gameplan a little better, I thought, and because it's more easily visible. I personally wouldn't want to exclude any Swedish player positively or negatively from what I really only can consider a fantastic team effort. The final was decided over a few lucky bounces, and your countrymen (and -kids) gave it all.

DisneyDucky

Feb 5, 2012
Linköping
Well, I respect your opinion, but I do think Sweden got to where they were because the entire team showed something and especially everyone pushed themselves. The games today and especially against Russia that was a tremendous team performance, without any exceptions - the fight and unconditional battle was there all the way throughout the lineup. It was merely a necessity to play the way they did, and obviously it takes a toll on the players' ability to make plays offensively. And I certainly wasn't trying to say that Sanberg didn't play great, just that his style suited the gameplan a little better, I thought, and because it's more easily visible. I personally wouldn't want to exclude any Swedish player positively or negatively from what I really only can consider a fantastic team effort. The final was decided over a few lucky bounces, and your countrymen (and -kids) gave it all.

You make some good points and of couse Im not saying you´re wrong. But if I should sum up my thoughts of the wjc, I would say it was a great team performance that lacked that "star-finish".

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Great effort by team Sweden considering they were missing their top 4 d-men. I didn't expect much from them when I continued to hear more bad news about their d-men not being available, including Ducks' prospect Lindholm. So I'm very impressed with Team Sweden, including their coaching staff to keep working through despite all the bad news they got and kept going.

If any nation lost their top 4 d-men, would they have played as well as team Sweden? Think of team USA and their d-men. So it's very important.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Gibson had a hell of a tournament, then caps it off with this. Can't wait to see him in a Ducks uniform.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Didn't get to see the game yet, but was excited to see the results. I'm proud of how our junior team has done in the past few years.

I can't help but dread that this lockout will hurt our young crop of juniors in a few years.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyone notice Rakell throw his stick at the end? Even if Trocheck missed that would've been an automatic goal. And he's the one that turned it over for the empty netter chance if I saw the highlights correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad