With the Trade Deadline slowly approaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why let them buy him out? Why don't we start a new trade deadline tradition in the off years with the LA Kings. Let's propose this trade before they do:

Blue Jackets get:
Alexander Semin
Conditional sixth round pick

Hurricanes get:
Boll (50% salary retained by Columbus)
Atkinson
Murray

This is obviously a joke to me, but please use the ":sarcasm:" for joke proposals.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
It's being reported by The Score that OEL of Arizona is available. What would you all give up for OEL? He's a top 15 Dman in this league for sure, 23 years old. 5.5 cap hit til 2019. Much younger than Wiz, essentially the same cost but locked up for longer, can fill his role and some more. Main difference here is Wiz is a RHD and OEL is LHD.

Wiz+CBJ 2015 1st++?

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
There is nothing realistic we would give up. It would have to be something like Murray + 2015 1st at a minimum, and they would probably still say no. Probably something more like Murray + Wennberg + 2015 1st to get them to consider.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
There is nothing realistic we would give up. It would have to be something like Murray + 2015 1st at a minimum, and they would probably still say no. Probably something more like Murray + Wennberg + 2015 1st to get them to consider.
If it came to them wanting Murray then I'd pass, but 2015 1st and our other prospects would still all be on the table, plus a majority of our roster players.

I would pretty easily offer JMFJ/Wiz + 2015 1st + Wennberg and maybe more at the draft for OEL

Last edited:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I also think based upon the success between OEL/Yandle and Wiz's recent improvement in his own zone that if we were able to trade for OEL and retain Wiz that an OEL/Wiz top D pairing and PP unit would be very, VERY effective. Murray-Savard would fit nicely on the 2nd pairing.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
OEL available? Great. I give Murray+Anisimov+Richards. Let Arizona then have many, many man games lost.
Its joke.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
My predictions:
1. Pair OEL-Hanifin will be great for Arizona in the coming years.
2. Matthews get Toronto.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
For the love of Gordie Howe, give them Murray for OEL. Murray is not some kind of irreplaceable god. Certainly for OEL Murray should be on the table, at least for discussion purposes.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
For the love of Gordie Howe, give them Murray for OEL. Murray is not some kind of irreplaceable god. Certainly for OEL Murray should be on the table, at least for discussion purposes.

He's A god....not thee GOD.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

If that's all it took, count me in. Heck, throw in a high draft pick and a prospect and I'm STILL in.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I would be ok with dealing Murray in this scenario. He and OEL are cut from the same cloth, but Arizona, as others have pointed out, would want more than just Murray. And rightfully so. However, I don't think both the 2015 first AND Wennberg would need to be dealt, but one of them would, with probably another piece or two on top.

If it was just Murray and the first, I'm in. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and I think value wise that's at least palatable for Arizona. But they have no need to trade him unless they're blown away, which this package doesn't do. The extra piece or two they'd want would be too rich for me. This season is lost; just let Murray et al heal and gear up for next year. As great as it would be to have OEL, he doesn't turn this season around for us.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
if you're of the opinion that Murray is going to be injury plagued, why would he hold value to the Coyotes or any other team?

if you're of the opinion that Murray isn't going to be injury plagued, why would you even entertain the idea of trading him?

makes no sense to me

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
if you're of the opinion that Murray is going to be injury plagued, why would he hold value to the Coyotes or any other team?

if you're of the opinion that Murray isn't going to be injury plagued, why would you even entertain the idea of trading him?

makes no sense to me

If you're of the opinion he might be injury plagued, but the other team is not (or is willing to roll the dice).

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

Because OEL already is what we expect Murray's ceiling to be. There aren't many OELs though, so this is a special exception for the availability of Ryan. Kind of like fast-forwarding to the (almost) finished product, if that makes sense.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
This f.. sleep deprivation makes me mad.. Are You ready to trade our three 1st rounders for OEL?
Why? I guess we finish 24 -25.. If we needn't Crouse or Zacha we can trade our 1st for Werenski or Kylington + 2st rounder. We ll have 3 2st + 3 3st, not bad for our depth in future and Keka can sleep well without troubles:) I am completely sure that Werenski or Kylington will be fine D.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This f.. sleep deprivation makes me mad.. Are You ready to trade our three 1st rounders for OEL?
Why? I guess we finish 24 -25.. If we needn't Crouse or Zacha we can trade our 1st for Werenski or Kylington + 2st rounder. We ll have 3 2st + 3 3st, not bad for our depth in future and Keka can sleep well without troubles:) I am completely sure that Werenski or Kylington will be fine D.

Who said they were in favor of that? Dreaming of straw men? :laugh:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Because OEL already is what we expect Murray's ceiling to be. There aren't many OELs though, so this is a special exception for the availability of Ryan. Kind of like fast-forwarding to the (almost) finished product, if that makes sense.

I guess you could say fast forward his development to...ludicrous speed.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad