With the Trade Deadline slowly approaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Is 4.5m really that bad for Tyutin? Yeah he seems to have regressed a bit but look around the league at comparable contracts. Nikitin is making 4.5m..

I don't think it is bad at all...right now. We are seeing Tyutin regress in an appreciable way during this season and we know that he is likely only going to get worse with age. The question now is whether we trade him while we can still get assets for him, or we hold onto him as veteran defensive depth.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
He's regressing? By that I assume you are meaning his production? We do realize that he's not getting any PP time right? That and our ****** 5 on 5 play is contributing greatly to his "regression".

I don't see much difference in Tyutin this season. His contract is fine.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Like most of our deadlines it will come down to what contending teams want and what they are willing to pay; along with when we think we'll be competitive (is it 2015-16 or is it 2016-17 season).
If for whatever reason management/ownership thinks they are gearing up for 2016-17 then you could see us actively moving guys who are UFA after next season.
More than anything the CBJ needs to be open to anything. Who would have thought back in the day when we were not competitive that we could acquire a guy like Ray Whitney in a deadline deal?
Also if the market (like it sometimes does) is vastly overpaying for checking line forwards and stay at home d-men, I don't mind moving those peices if it gets us a gret return.
Not a lot of valuable assets we need to move, and I think we have a decent core, but is if someone is willing to overpay just about anyone is available.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Like most of our deadlines it will come down to what contending teams want and what they are willing to pay; along with when we think we'll be competitive (is it 2015-16 or is it 2016-17 season).
If for whatever reason management/ownership thinks they are gearing up for 2016-17 then you could see us actively moving guys who are UFA after next season.
More than anything the CBJ needs to be open to anything. Who would have thought back in the day when we were not competitive that we could acquire a guy like Ray Whitney in a deadline deal?
Also if the market (like it sometimes does) is vastly overpaying for checking line forwards and stay at home d-men, I don't mind moving those peices if it gets us a gret return.
Not a lot of valuable assets we need to move, and I think we have a decent core, but is if someone is willing to overpay just about anyone is available.

But not him because he retired. Whaddya think Sam, a possible comeback? :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So lets say we play ourselves out of a top 10 pick (by the deadline, in usual jackets fashion) but dont make the playoffs. Do you think we package our first for help both now and in the future or do we keep it and hope we get lucky in the lottery?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So lets say we play ourselves out of a top 10 pick (by the deadline, in usual jackets fashion) but dont make the playoffs. Do you think we package our first for help both now and in the future or do we keep it and hope we get lucky in the lottery?

At he deadline there is almost 0 chance we trade our pick imo. At that point teams are looking to add guys who can help the stretch run not draft picks and I don't think we will be looking to add a role player. We need a top 6 RW or a top 4 D. Those guys are about 99% certain to not be available.

At the draft itself it will depend on what is coming back and who is still on the board. My guess is that its probably the draft pick that we wind up with. Lots of talented guys going to be there at 10 or so.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
At he deadline there is almost 0 chance we trade our pick imo. At that point teams are looking to add guys who can help the stretch run not draft picks and I don't think we will be looking to add a role player. We need a top 6 RW or a top 4 D. Those guys are about 99% certain to not be available.

At the draft itself it will depend on what is coming back and who is still on the board. My guess is that its probably the draft pick that we wind up with. Lots of talented guys going to be there at 10 or so.

Unless there is a team who is completely out of the race and is looking to stockpile picks and unload a few players, which is entirely possible.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Well, it's getting to be that time of the year for the annual fleecing.

I propose the following:

LA Kings get:
Anisimov
Atkinson

Columbus Blue Jackets get:
Mike Richards
Conditional Seventh Round Pick

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, it's getting to be that time of the year for the annual fleecing.

I propose the following:

LA Kings get:
Anisimov
Atkinson

Columbus Blue Jackets get:
Mike Richards
Conditional Seventh Round Pick
Biannual. BIannual. There was no Kings trade in 2013. :)

Also, the rule is that we have to send them a former Flyer.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Troy Brouwer is a player who I believe would do wonders on the Jackets and fit as a top 6 right winger that we need.... UFA after this season. Cap hit of just above 3 so I'm sure he'll be asking for 5 mill, at the least. 24 points this season with 13 goals. Has great size and plays with an edge at all times.

Thoughts?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Troy Brouwer is a player who I believe would do wonders on the Jackets and fit as a top 6 right winger that we need.... UFA after this season. Cap hit of just above 3 so I'm sure he'll be asking for 5 mill, at the least. 24 points this season with 13 goals. Has great size and plays with an edge at all times.

Thoughts?

Not bad. I like his shooting % too.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Thoughts?

eh we have Foligno, Dubi, Hartnell and Jenner who bring the same thing. I know size is great but we need more of a sniper type. Dont think we need to be spending that on a 2/3 line guy especially with what we already have

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
eh we have Foligno, Dubi, Hartnell and Jenner who bring the same thing. I know size is great but we need more of a sniper type. Dont think we need to be spending that on a 2/3 line guy especially with what we already have

The point may be moot. Brouwer is under contract until 2016. If we want a guy like him, Justin Williams is the UFA to go after, even if he getting up there in age. To get a sniper, we'll have to make a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad