With the Trade Deadline slowly approaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
What do you guys expect to happen?

Personally I think we don't make any big moves until we are (almost) completely healthy. I think when we are fully healthy we are one of the hardest teams to play against and don't see a need to make any big moves. I think trading Erixon for Morin gave us a little more depth offensively and when everyone is healthy he will be the perfect 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Also if Wennberg can start tallying some points I think he can stick around and management will rely on developing from within rather than taking another gamble (gaborik, Horton) and it blowing up in their face. Now the offseason is where I think the changes will really happen.

Really just wanted to make a dedicated trade thread to discuss all trade ideas and roster lineups since we go from thread to thread with trade ideas. So go ahead discuss away I would like to hear everyone else's take on the coming months!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If we have a chance at playoffs at deadline day.. I want a gamebraker

If not trade leopold for a pick

But if the team plays itself back into playoff position why mess with the chemistry? unless you're trading future pieces which I don't think Jarmo would do. However for the right player Id give up our first if we are in the dead center of the playoff race

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
There is no way I would trade our first round pick, unless we were getting a big time player who is young.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't see any major (or even a minor one) before the deadline. At the deadline I think we trade Leopold if we're out of the race otherwise maybe a pick-up of a rental for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick if we're still in it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No trades unless you get a gift from someone like Edmonton. Keep rolling with what you got...

Unless we're out of the playoffs and haven't signed Foligno and Letestu to extensions. Then you sell them and Leopold.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Key word being "slowly". Way too soon to tell.

Some voice in my head keeps thinking something will happen with a team who are also looking for some moves (i.e. Edmonton/Boston rumors- not a textbook "trade deadline move"), but I don't know if that's the prescient voice or the idiot one.

For god's sake, sign Nick and Testube (I didn't realize Letestu's contract was up actually). And of course Bob

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think one of our first rounders from 2013 gets moved. I don't know who, but I think somebody goes

The only way one of them goes IMO is if it's part of a bigger deal brining in a young stud imo, they all have shown glimpses of potential and I don't think there's anyway Wennberg gets moved

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
There is no way I would trade our first round pick, unless we were getting a big time player who is young.

I agree with this in general. However we are not getting a top young roster guy for a number 1 pick. Only way that happens is we finish dead last and are assured of one of McEichel in which case we would be idiotic to trade the pick for anyone short of possibly Tyler Seguin (and even then I wouldn't do it).

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Probably would cost one of our '13 first rounders at least, then another roster player with upside (Goloubef?), and a decently high draft pick

When healthy:

Jenner-Johan-Oshie
Hartnell-Anisimov-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Morin-Letestu-Skille

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Other than his concussion history I'd take him. Question is who we give up that would help the Blues? I assume the Blues would want a roster player in return? I don't see a roster guy we could give up that they would want and we would would be willing to give up. Cam? Eases some of their cap problem.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
I am torn with Oshie. He would fit the mold here, but would he give us the offense we need? Given the price we would pay to get him, I am going to say no. We need more offense.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I am torn with Oshie. He would fit the mold here, but would he give us the offense we need? Given the price we would pay to get him, I am going to say no. We need more offense.

He is a good player, but isn't what we need, IMO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

He put up 21-39-60 last season. I'd take a 60 pt guy although I prefer closer to a 30 G guy rather than assists. I'm too hung up on assists being great passes rather than the first guy who passes on a three guy goal. I know the beautiful artistic assist doesn't happen often especially in our offense so Oshie's gritty style probably works here.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Probably would cost one of our '13 first rounders at least, then another roster player with upside (Goloubef?), and a decently high draft pick

When healthy:

Jenner-Johan-Oshie
Hartnell-Anisimov-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Morin-Letestu-Skille

If we give up one of the '13's I think it would have to be Dano. I think your speculated price might be a bit high but I think I could live with it.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
If last year was any indicator then we will be trading Foligno to the Kings for a bag of worms even if we are sitting in a playoff spot.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
This guy has been mentioned in the past but apparently Ryan O'Reilly has been offered around the league. Weren't there rumors last year that we were interested? If true, would Jarmo still have interest? He has 1 more year left before becoming a UFA. O'Reilly might be all about the money so contract talks might get ugly if Jarmo wants to keep the guy. He makes $5.8 mil this yea and $6.2 next year but his cap is $6 million.

On a unrelated note. What kind of value would Mike Reilly have? I know a lot of Columbus fans(management as well?) thinks he will be something special, do other gm's know who he is? Would him potentially becoming a UFA bring down his value by a lot? If management thinks(not told by their camp) he will take that route, would they use him as trade bait? Rather then waiting to see if he will sign a contract with Columbus?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This guy has been mentioned in the past but apparently Ryan O'Reilly has been offered around the league. Weren't there rumors last year that we were interested? If true, would Jarmo still have interest? He has 1 more year left before becoming a UFA. O'Reilly might be all about the money so contract talks might get ugly if Jarmo wants to keep the guy. He makes $5.8 mil this yea and $6.2 next year but his cap is $6 million.

On a unrelated note. What kind of value would Mike Reilly have? I know a lot of Columbus fans(management as well?) thinks he will be something special, do other gm's know who he is? Would him potentially becoming a UFA bring down his value by a lot? If management thinks(not told by their camp) he will take that route, would they use him as trade bait? Rather then waiting to see if he will sign a contract with Columbus?

I think O'Reilly is a headcase in waiting and we should stay away although his 60 points last year are attractive. This year he's not doing as well but then again neither is Colorado. If he could be had somewhat on the cheap I might take a flier on him for the next year and a half and let the contract chips fall where they may.

As for Reilly (no O') I'm sure other GM's know about him and if we don't think we can sign him I think his rights could be offered as part of a deal although I don't know if that would add much to a deal.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Do other GM's know who Mike Reilly is? Well, they better or they are the worst GM in professional sports. GM's know about every player/prospect on every team. Also, they better not trade him.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Do other GM's know who Mike Reilly is? Well, they better or they are the worst GM in professional sports. GM's know about every player/prospect on every team. Also, they better not trade him.

Exactly. I think the Schultz situation was unique in the sense that he was just chasing money and and a direct path to immediate nhl ice time. Reilly strikes me as a "I just want to win" type of guy and he seems like he would mesh extremely well in the locker room as it seems to be really tight knit the last two seasons or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad