With the Trade Deadline slowly approaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I stand corrected... Brouwer IS under contract until the end of NEXT year. My bad. Cap geek needs to return... interesting that Brouwer has the most points in his career against CBJ than any other team.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I stand corrected... Brouwer IS under contract until the end of NEXT year. My bad. Cap geek needs to return... interesting that Brouwer has the most points in his career against CBJ than any other team.

Erat has the 2nd most points out of anyone in the league against the Jackets but doesn't make me want him :D

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Eklund says Kings on verge of getting a defenseman...so guessing we're sending them someone? And for who...since they wouldn't add Tyfoli or Pearson in a deal for Phaneuf...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Eklund says Kings on verge of getting a defenseman...so guessing we're sending them someone? And for who...since they wouldn't add Tyfoli or Pearson in a deal for Phaneuf...

JJ and a first for Carter? :sarcasm:

If we're involved has to be either Leopold (most likely) or Golo I would guess.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm beginning to understand why you only hear crickets so often. It's a quantity over quality thing with you, isn't it?

DSL
FozzieLate80s.JPG

DB
muppets-old-guys.jpg

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
What's potentially concerning to me about the deadline, is Letestu being a UFA. If we dont end up signing him and trade him, we will have lost Dmac and Letestu in consecutive years. Not resigning him would be a colossal mistake.

Our biggest problem this year was no one stepped up in the face of injuries. You always hear the cliche that when someone gets injured, its an opportunity for someone to step up.....there isnt 1 person thats filled in that I could say truly took advantage. We pretty much got zero scoring from the fill ins.

I dont think you can trade any core roster players, without an equal coming back. The UFA list wasnt overly impressive, so if we trade AA, we'll have essentially lost Horton and AA, and no Foligno is not a replacement, he was already part of the team, so he just moves up.

This roster has a lot of work to be done if it ever wants to be more then a maybe to make the playoffs

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What's potentially concerning to me about the deadline, is Letestu being a UFA. If we dont end up signing him and trade him, we will have lost Dmac and Letestu in consecutive years. Not resigning him would be a colossal mistake.

Our biggest problem this year was no one stepped up in the face of injuries. You always hear the cliche that when someone gets injured, its an opportunity for someone to step up.....there isnt 1 person thats filled in that I could say truly took advantage. We pretty much got zero scoring from the fill ins.

I dont think you can trade any core roster players, without an equal coming back. The UFA list wasnt overly impressive, so if we trade AA, we'll have essentially lost Horton and AA, and no Foligno is not a replacement, he was already part of the team, so he just moves up.

This roster has a lot of work to be done if it ever wants to be more then a maybe to make the playoffs

I agree about us not trading a core guy. Our depth is just not ready to take over those spots. That's why I don't think Arty will be traded until next year's deadline. If Wennberg had shown any kind of real offense like goals and assists, then I think AA would be in play. With Wennberg's numbers, I don't see AA being traded.

As to your point about the work that needs to be done, I'm not sure I agree. I'd love for us to add a sniper top 6 w and maybe a top 4 D-man but again the who do you trade for such players comes into play.

I was thinking about this a bit last night in terms of the 2 losing streaks. Even if we had won 5 of the 15 games lost in the streaks we would be within 4 pts of the playoffs as we get healthy. To me that doesn't suggest much work needs to be done just some tweaking and above all staying healthy.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

I feel like with an injury situation of this magnitude, the "no one stepped up" narrative only applies to one position, and it's not on the ice. Because the team lost so many man games, a bunch of people were relied upon in a way that they just weren't prepared for, in terms of where they were in the lineup, who they wound up matching up against, and what was expected of them, given the TOI they saw. Sure, it would have been great if someone stepped up and seized the opportunity, it's what you want, but I feel like it would have been 2 steps up for a lot of players. Everything has been out of whack because so many significant guys have been hurt. I don't even really consider this an accurate way to assess the depth of the team, because we were relying on our depth to not fill depth roles but primary ones.

I agree very much about Letestu. That's a concern I share with you, I think he's a guy we ought to keep around.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Sorry
What do You think about Semin (if Canes will buy out his contract). Too risky?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
If the Canes bought him out I wouldn't at all mind throwing a cheap contract his way. Look at what Nashville is getting out of Ribeiro.

Good point. I truly believe that Semin has more left in the tank... a change of scenary is MUCH over due.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Why let them buy him out? Why don't we start a new trade deadline tradition in the off years with the LA Kings. Let's propose this trade before they do:

Blue Jackets get:
Alexander Semin
Conditional sixth round pick

Hurricanes get:
Boll (50% salary retained by Columbus)
Atkinson
Murray

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If the Canes bought him out I wouldn't at all mind throwing a cheap contract his way. Look at what Nashville is getting out of Ribeiro.

Semin would still probably be a good deal at 4 or 5 m a year. And he has 3 years left on his deal through age 33. If the Canes want to eat a few million (which would be cheaper than a buyout), I think we oughta go for it.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Why let them buy him out? Why don't we start a new trade deadline tradition in the off years with the LA Kings. Let's propose this trade before they do:

Blue Jackets get:
Alexander Semin
Conditional sixth round pick

Hurricanes get:
Boll (50% salary retained by Columbus)
Atkinson
Murray

I wouldn't put Murray anywhere near this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad