Player Discussion With the 9th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, the Ducks select Trevor Zegras

Status
Not open for further replies.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Damn Perry and Ryan don't get any respect around here.

I'm talking about the last couple of seasons, not when Perry and Ryan were Getzlaf's linemates. Getzlaf's great playmaking skills have been wasted because his current teammates can't bury the scoring chances he creates.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
hopefully Tracey can be that guy. I can’t see either being as good as Getz and Perry but hopefully they can develop a similar type of chemistry for us.
Not to bring him in this thread but Tracey is also years away from being an impact player. He is also small in stature just like Z and Steel. And partially, Terry. They need to visit Grandma`s a lot and beef the hell up. Otherwise all that skill will be of no use on the perimeter

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not to bring him in this thread but Tracey is also years away from being an impact player. He is also small in stature just like Z and Steel. And partially, Terry. They need to visit Grandma`s a lot and beef the hell up. Otherwise all that skill will be of no use on the perimeter
Meatloaf, Potatoes, gravy & green beans. Carne Asada with beans and rice. Country fried steak, potatoes, gravy & green beans.
I guess kids these days are all into the whole 'gluten free' or 'vegan' lifestyle which could explain why some in Gen Z don't beef up as fast as Generation Y did.
Or maybe its because of Fortnite they don't work on beefing up.

Kinda odd that at 16 i was stronger built than Troy Terry is now. My dad was a athlete in his high school days(threw a no-hitter), i should have tried team sports.
Ice Hockey wasn't a realistic option for a south OC kid in the era i grew up in and baseball was boring as was soccer.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I'm talking about the last couple of seasons, not when Perry and Ryan were Getzlaf's linemates. Getzlaf's great playmaking skills have been wasted because his current teammates can't bury the scoring chances he creates.

Just wait come June. I got a gut feeling Anaheim is gonna win the lotto, and give em Lafrenier as his left winger. That tandem is gonna be nuts right out the gate.

Reactions: Rasp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just wait come June. I got a gut feeling Anaheim is gonna win the lotto, and give em Lafrenier as his left winger. That tandem is gonna be nuts right out the gate.
Why would we put a 4th liner with lafrenier.... think dude.

As for winning the draft.... i have a hard time seeing us win it, if its at all rigged, theres bout 0% chance we get it .

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
No, with Anaheim he'd start the season on IR. Hell the way things go with this team he might get injured putting on his Ducks jersey at the draft if the Ducks were to even somehow win the lottery.
I think i'd rather win the #2 pick & select Byfield who is a fast big boy center. Future Depth Down the middle: Byfield/Zegras/Steel/Lundestrom/Groulx/Morand

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
A super creative playmaker like Zegras moving to the wing would mean that his center needs to be shooter. Do we have a shoot first Center ?

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
A super creative playmaker like Zegras moving to the wing would mean that his center needs to be shooter. Do we have a shoot first Center ?

Out of the personnel we have right now the closest thing I can think of is if they were to put Rakell back at center.

I think Zegras will do just fine with someone like Sprong (if he's still here then).

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

You need a shooter, no matter if C or winger. The way like the Kariya, Rooch, Selanne line was constructed would be cool. Two superoffensive wingers and a defensive centerman. Lundeström may fit Zegras here.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

That's not necessarily true at all. It's never that black and white, especially now.

I also wonder if the belief that Zegras won't be a center merely stems from him being a playmaker and not much else. Either way he's definitely going to start as one once he gets here.

Reactions: Trojans86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad