Prospect Info: With the 92nd Pick ( Round 3 ) The Bruins select Christopher Pelosi

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
You can't even criticize the Bruins for drafting a 7th rounder with their only top 100 pick in the draft. I mean come on. Like I said blind faith, must be nice.

sadly yes, but of course it's from other people that get paid to do these things.
As opposed to blind outrage?

Nobody knows how a single one of these kids will turn out in this draft. It’s all guesswork.

You have every right to feel negatively, I just don’t see the point in shitting on people for not losing their mind and sharing a different opinion.

Whether it’s the “best available” or a reach, at this point in the draft it’s all a shot in the dark.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's the constant reaching and trying to be smarter than everybody that i hate from Sweeney, Senyshen was just the perfect example. I know whoever they took here is a longshot to make the NHL but try to maximize your chances by not acting like an arrogant p**** and going so far off the board.
With all due respect to you and the sites who rank guys how many times to they actually watch a prospects full game, who isn't ranked in the first few rounds? How many times do they talk to prospects to find out info like their work ethic, character, etc? Do they know if he recently had a growth spurt that could maybe affect their development?

There are lots of variables that I highly doubt the majority of these sites even think of let alone investigate. All I'm saying in this is it's a crapshoot anyway, you might as well take your guy in rounds 3-7, if you believe in them.

Reactions: CDJ

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's the constant reaching and trying to be smarter than everybody that i hate from Sweeney, Senyshen was just the perfect example. I know whoever they took here is a longshot to make the NHL but try to maximize your chances by not acting like an arrogant p**** and going so far off the board.

I think they should just fire all their scouts and use McKeens and the Central scouting report. Save Jacobs some money.

there is no consensus list. They are not reaching trying to prove they are the smartest people in the room. They have spent a substantial amount of money, and years of work scouting the players and putting together a list, and they go to the draft and pick the guy they have identified as the best player.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With all due respect to you and the sites who rank guys how many times to they actually watch a prospects full game? How many times do they talk to prospects to find out info like their work ethic, character, etc? Do they know if he recently had a growth spurt that could maybe affect their development?

There are lots of variables that I highly doubt the majority of these sites even think of let alone investigate. All I'm saying in this is it's a crapshoot anyway, you might as well take your guy in rounds 3-7, if you believe in them.
Reminds me of ppl who complain about reaches in the 5th round of the nfl draft

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As opposed to blind outrage?

Nobody knows how a single one of these kids will turn out in this draft. It’s all guesswork.

You have every right to feel negatively, I just don’t see the point in shitting on people for not losing their mind and sharing a different opinion.

Whether it’s the “best available” or a reach, at this point in the draft it’s all a shot in the dark.
It's hilarious how I was responding to

Can this place not be unbelievably stupid for…. Nevermind.

try to keep track of the original shitter

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
With all due respect to you and the sites who rank guys how many times to they actually watch a prospects full game? How many times do they talk to prospects to find out info like their work ethic, character, etc? Do they know if he recently had a growth spurt that could maybe affect their development?

I agree, it's why I believe in scouting and watching players but I wish they would take players more closely in line with where they are ranked. Chances are very good this kid would be available in the next round with where he was ranked, use this pick on a higher ranked player, maximize your chances of getting a potential player in the later rounds than reaching for someone who will most likely be around when you have your next pick.

I used Senyshen as a comparison because that was the ultimate stupid reach, you had a pick 20 picks later, he would have been there and who would they have lost? JFK? He was worse than Senyshen.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
It's hilarious how I was responding to

Can this place not be unbelievably stupid for…. Nevermind.

try to keep track of the original shitter
All good man. You stay mad over a kid you’ve never seen play or heard of up until this point.

Thank you for proving my point. Hope your day gets better.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I agree, it's why I believe in scouting and watching players but I wish they would take players more closely in line with where they are ranked. Chances are very good this kid would be available in the next round with where he was ranked, use this pick on a higher ranked player, maximize your chances of getting a potential player in the later rounds than reaching for someone who will most likely be around when you have your next pick.

I used Senyshen as a comparison because that was the ultimate stupid reach, you had a pick 20 picks later, he would have been there and who would they have lost? JFK? He was worse than Senyshen.
You're saying they should pick a "high ranked player"....who's to say they dont believe this guy has 2nd round value and they just got him almost in round 4. Why is their own internal list worth less than a consensus list?

Id be more concerned if this was a 1st or 2nd round pick opposed to end of the 3rd.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You're saying they should pick a "high ranked player"....who's to say they dont believe this guy has 2nd round value and they just got him almost in round 4. Why is their own internal list worth less than a consensus list?

Id be more concerned if this was a 1st or 2nd round pick opposed to end of the 3rd.
Take a look at their current prospect pool.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It’s the 92nd pick in 2023 and you’re referencing Zach Senyshyn.

Some of y’all are absolutely tapped.

They were prewritten before Boston even picked lmao

Take a look at their current prospect pool.

You don’t think that has anything to do with the lack of picks they’ve had over the last few seasons in the 1st/2nd?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They were prewritten before Boston even picked lmao
HF Bruins Board preparing for the draft:
the-simpsons-jay-sherman.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad