Prospect Info: With the 39th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Olof Lindbom

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Drury would have been a great pick. You'd feel better about our C depth with him in the system. I know a lot of people wanted Groulx, too. Oh well.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You’re not adding anything here
He doesnt need to add anything to what he said there.

It was a bad pick, an overreach for a player who has lived up to what I read about him when we drafted him. Which is that he would be meh.

Hopefully he develops but someone wanting to recoup value on what has looked like a bad pick from day 1 is reasonable

Reactions: FireGorton

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He doesnt need to add anything to what he said there.

It was a bad pick, an overreach for a player who has lived up to what I read about him when we drafted him. Which is that he would be meh.

Hopefully he develops but someone wanting to recoup value on what has looked like a bad pick from day 1 is reasonable
There would really be no sense in trading him at this point. What would you hope to get, realistically? A fifth or sixth? Would a team even be willing to part with a draft pick for a guy who hasn't progressed or shown he can stay healthy in either his D+1 or D+2 seasons? I'm not shitting on Lindbom here, just saying that if I'm a GM, unless my scouts love the kid, I'm thinking I can keep my picks and find someone better.

So now, your best option is probably to hold onto him and hope he stays healthy and develops.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
There would really be no sense in trading him at this point. What would you hope to get, realistically? A fifth or sixth? Would a team even be willing to part with a draft pick for a guy who hasn't progressed or shown he can stay healthy in either his D+1 or D+2 seasons? I'm not shitting on Lindbom here, just saying that if I'm a GM, unless my scouts love the kid, I'm thinking I can keep my picks and find someone better.

So now, your best option is probably to hold onto him and hope he stays healthy and develops.
I'm not even advocating a trade, I just understand the point kakko was making and felt like explaining that it's a valid point to make. Probably made out of frustration that's been there possibly since day 1 for many of us

Reactions: FireGorton

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Drury would've been my pick at 39.

But the sad thing for Lindbom is the health.

When he's healthy, he's been a damn good young goalie. But you have to stay on the ice in order to really progress.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Drury would've been my pick at 39.

But the sad thing for Lindbom is the health.

When he's healthy, he's been a damn good young goalie. But you have to stay on the ice in order to really progress.
He really hasn't been damn good, though. Not for a couple years. Whatever "good" version of Lindbom people are remembering must be the guy who was good for the U18 team in 17-18. He hasn't been good at any club level, when healthy, in the intervening few years. He's been solid this year but in a half-dozen games.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He really hasn't been damn good, though. Not for a couple years. Whatever "good" version of Lindbom people are remembering must be the guy who was good for the U18 team in 17-18. He hasn't been good at any club level, when healthy, in the intervening few years. He's been solid this year but in a half-dozen games.

Personally, I came away impressed with what I saw as an 18 year old with Djurgårdens, his play with Mora as a 19 year old, and his work thus far as a 20 year old again this year.

The problem hasn't been the performance at all, the problem has been the fact that it's only been in 31games between his draft day and now.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Personally, I came away impressed with what I saw as an 18 year old with Djurgårdens, his play with Mora as a 19 year old, and his work thus far as a 20 year old again this year.

The problem hasn't been the performance at all, the problem has been the fact that it's only been in 31games between his draft day and now.
We'll have to agree to disagree, then. I watched him several times and posted reports here. He had a few games where he showed good athleticism and quickness and others where he was way out of position and robotic. I'd buy "looked okay considering his age" but "damn good" would be quite a stretch. I think his numbers and his usage even when healthy support the idea that he wasn't doing too good. We'll see, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad