Prospect Info: With the 39th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Olof Lindbom

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Is this pick a joke? So many good players left in the Second and THIS is what Gorton and Clark thought we needed? A goalie? He wasnt even the best goalie avaliable. This team has a serious porblem drafting outside of the first round.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This might be the biggest reach we had in this draft, and I thought the two later firsts were bad picks. One of the worst pre-draft goalie drafts of recent times, yet this guy wasn't a top 5 goalie, in my opinion. Probably in the 6-10 range of goalies. He had a great WJC18 statistically, and I did think he had a good tournament, although I think the stats are somewhat deceiving. His defensemen were terrific.

He has about average size. Smart goalie, always in the right position. Don't see much athletic upside here with his saves. He's more of a positioning goalie. Not going to give up much, but also not a guy I'd tab as having big upside.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The only pick I can criticize, and it’s based strictly on strategy. For all I know, he might be a star goalie in the making, but I’m just not enamored of taking a goalie this high. ESPECIALLY not when you have a system as well stocked at the position as the Rangers’.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This pick is going to get a lot of scrutiny in the next year. Lindbom is going to have to perform well right off the bat to justify this at all.

Henrik's probably got another 3 years in him anyway and both Shesterkin and Georgiev look to me like they can be NHL starting goalies and then Huska might be a pretty good one too. Which is to say the position was covered and I'm not sure what the Rangers were doing here........but if Lindbom shits the bed it's going to stink because we could have grabbed so many other players here. If Olof doesn't end up being an NHL player this is stupid as it gets draft pick to make.......and I hope Gorton, Clark, Bobrov and Drury realize this. Right now it looks to me like we just threw this pick away......and it's not fair to Lindbom necessarily either......and it's not like we haven't done this same crap a couple times recently. Halverson was not a good pick---neither was Lafleur. Talbot, Raanta and Georgiev---all free agent signings. I really don't understand this at all. It wasn't a need.

To put it bluntly I hate this pick.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Reminds me of the Lafleur pick way back when in the second round. I love Allaire but he shouldn't have this much impact on our drafts. Looks like a toy they got him. It's bullshit.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
jot1ub0y92a01.gif

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
What a disaster of a 2nd round. I can see why they might have felt the need to deal the 49th for Miller...but then to waste another even higher 2nd on arguably the only position we really don't need. Yuck. If anything we should have traded down here and added more picks. A real head scratcher here.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Any word on if he was a Benny Allaire hand picked pick?

Only way I'm ok with this

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
If something comes out saying that Allaire went to bat for him, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Otherwise, this is a moronic pick.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Between pissing away the other pick for Miller and this pick the NYR embarrassed themselves with their 2nd round pick usage imo just like the Jets did with hackenberg.
I love Miller though, and if they were afraid someone was going to select him, I don't mind moving up.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Congrats to us for the worst pick from the first 2 rounds of the draft. Sigh

(not sure if i'm double posting this but i can't find it, the website is going absolutely crazy today so i'm not sure whats posting and what isnt. Apologies if its a double post)

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
This is by far my favorite pick in the entire Rangers draft. I don't care if he plays a single game, the fact he rustled so many jimmies, makes me laugh and what life has thrown me the last few months laughter is precious.

I f***ing love this pick........keep the hate flowing guys.

Reactions: deflowd and Chytil

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I got into it on Twitter with Leslie treff on this pick. Still hate it. The rest of the draft I’m perfectly fine with. Could have nabbed a first round talent that was falling

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Well tradition of getting nothing in the 2nd round isn’t at risk of ending

No clue what they are thinking. If you look at the potential draft picks if we kept all 3 picks vs what we got.

If we look back at this draft as being a disaster like 2004 it will be because of this 2nd round

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm not mad at the pick as much as they could have gotten him later.

That said, the kids who dominate the U18s usually have a good track record or they bust out (physically better than peer group).

I see why, but it's a very high risk pick for a kid whose played so little.

Reactions: leetch99

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I’m thoroughly confused by this... so many forwards around.

Where are we going to get forwards. We have the Dmen in our system especially after the first round. But I don’t see enough forwards to actually make a rebuild work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->