Prospect Info: With the 174th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Morgan Barron

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
NHL Network just showed some highlights of Barron. Prototypical Power Forward. Dave Reid is high on him, but mentions he's a project pick.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I guess Gorton's kids needed help with math homework because this kid seems more a student than an athlete. Wasn't even great in HS. Terrible in the USHL. What's he upside here?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
NHL Network said his best attributes are size and skating. Big kid at 6'2 200.

which is weird because Future Considerations say that his skating needs the most work and his shot is good but too slow a release. His pick distribution and forecheck/board work is very good though.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
which is weird because Future Considerations say that his skating needs the most work and his shot is good but too slow a release. His pick distribution and forecheck/board work is very good though.

Guys, none of the scouting agencies can even scratch the surface on the amount of time and money we spend on scouting. If the organization put out a scouting guide with all their information everyone would rate the draft A++++.

We have to trust our scouts...

Reactions: leetch99

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If some miraculous reason that Morgan Barron doesn't play for Cornell in the Fall, his CHL rights belong to the Saint John Sea Dogs!!

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Guys, none of the scouting agencies can even scratch the surface on the amount of time and money we spend on scouting. If the organization put out a scouting guide with all their information everyone would rate the draft A++++.

We have to trust our scouts...

I actually started a project a few years back based around the "what if you just let go of al your scouting staff, used the money elsewhere and drafted based on another company's work?" question. Sadly it was on a laptop that I don't have any more, but based on 3 teams at the time (EDM, OTT and us) it was looking like you'd end up with a pretty good draft until the 5th round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad