Prospect Info: With the 174th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Morgan Barron

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like this pick, excited to follow his college career
Well the scouting reports said he had a lot of offensive skill, and he's already huge. He's going to end up like 6'5" and 230+ when all is said and done, so if he can skate he can definitely become a prospect worth watching.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
I have seen almost every game. Missed the NMU games and a few third periods due to beer league. Saw him in person twice will again soon. My view is his upside is Kevin Hayes now. I think he's more offensively skilled than Nash and a more aggressive offensive player. Nash was really good at Cornell but was on a much shallower team that relied on him for offense. If Barron can stay healthy he'll put up better numbers than Nash's sophomore campaign. I do think Nash is a much better skater though Barron has improved.

Bottom line is I thought he had top-9 upside, now I see top-6 upside.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
CHN posted their ECAC preview today

2019-20 ECAC Team Preview Capsules
Cornell Big Red
"...This could be the most potent and deep group of forwards Cornell has had in over a decade. With returning talents such as Morgan Barron, Cam Donaldson, Tristan Mullin and many others, it seems the Big Red should have no problem filling the net. ..."
"...Cornell has the best player in every position entering the season — Yanni Kaldis will have good watch of the blueline, Barron should provide a load of offense and Matthew Galajada has a world of experience between the pipes..."

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Seems like the 6th round has been the one we've struck an occasional gem in the last 20 years. Hagelin, Fast, and now possibly Barron. Practically nothing out of 5th or 7th since Hank but 6th has been on the money.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Seems like the 6th round has been the one we've struck an occasional gem in the last 20 years. Hagelin, Fast, and now possibly Barron. Practically nothing out of 5th or 7th since Hank but 6th has been on the money.

The Rangers have seemed to find interesting prospects in the third and the sixth rounds.

Even the guys who don't pan out seem to show at least something that makes you stop and take notice.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
The Rangers have seemed to find interesting prospects in the third and the sixth rounds.

Even the guys who don't pan out seem to show at least something that makes you stop and take notice.

but look what they did in the 2ed round makes me want to puke Gropp, Halverson, Nieves (although a tweener, could have been picked in the 5th round)

Robertson and Henriksson do look very promising but it is still too early

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
but look what they did in the 2ed round makes me want to puke Gropp, Halverson, Nieves (although a tweener, could have been picked in the 5th round)

Robertson and Henriksson do look very promising but it is still too early
I'm one of Nieves' least favorite fans but getting a tweener in the 2nd round i'd call successful pick considering most 2nd rounders dont sniff the NHL.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'm one of Nieves' least favorite fans but getting a tweener in the 2nd round i'd call successful pick considering most 2nd rounders dont sniff the NHL.

umm not when better players were taken after Boo Nieves like Jacob Slavin, Andreas Athanasiou, Adam Pelech, Esa Lindell, Shayne Gostisbehere. Colton Parayko imagine any one of those players on the Rangers. scouting def needs improvement

heck we selected Calle Anderson with the pick before Jacob Slavin,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->