Line Combos: With Matthews+Nylander back, What does the roster look like?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Wrong thread for sparks but he hasn't improved his skills yet, so what are you winning?

Look at those numbers, aren't they pretty?
Wasn't that last performance good? Didn't he look better?

Have some faith Salt, I thought I was the pessimist in this relationship?

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Ennis - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown
Leivo :(

I think we’ll try Johnsson and Leivo on Matthews’ LW as well but I’d like to see what Ennis can do. I wouldn’t mind rotating those 3 guys for the rest of the year based on the streaks they’re on. The NHL schedule is a tough grind for guys that aren’t used to that kind of game play (Ennis, Leivo).

Ennis has been doing some good board work lately and that’s what that line needs.

I think Marleau and Kadri just have something, I wouldn’t want to break that up.

That fourth line should slaughter other fourth line matchups or even shut down a secondary scoring line.

Last edited:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Leivo - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
Marleau - Lindholm - Ennis (Brown)

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
I go for speed and skill first in this new NHL and I think that ennis has really improved since the start of the season...
so..

Johnsson Tavares Marner
Kapanen Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Leivo/Ennis
Ennis'Leivo Lindholm Hyman

LA will win the cup again before hyman is on the 4th line. Are you drunk?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Lindholm-Johnsson
Ennis

Is what I think Babcock will do.
I hate it, so I can see Babcock doing it.

Kadri disappears with Brown on his wing so I think Babs keeps Kappy there instead. Also with Johnsson playing so well u can’t demote him to the 4th line

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Johnsson Matthews nylander
Hyman Tavares marner
Marleau kadri kapanen
Ennis lindholm leivo

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Lindholm-Johnsson
Ennis

Is what I think Babcock will do.

Yes i really like this lineup, gives us a lethal line Scoring line in Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander and then a good shutdown line in Marleau-Kadri-Brown. Switch leivo and Johnsson around though (Johnsson shoots left, and Leivo shoots right)

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I go for speed and skill first in this new NHL and I think that ennis has really improved since the start of the season...
so..

Johnsson Tavares Marner
Kapanen Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Leivo/Ennis
Ennis'Leivo Lindholm Hyman

Was gonna post this exact lineup. Ennis on third Leivo fourth

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander (WOW)
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Lindholm-Leivo
*Ennis, Gauthier*

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
*Marincin*

Andersen
Sparks

Holl on waivers

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
kappy deserves at least a look on Matthews LW/ Marleau and Kadri just work together keep them there. Kapanen despite being a natural RW has played LW before for the marlies (it may have actually been with nylander cant remember for sure) and has earned a chance.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes i really like this lineup, gives us a lethal line Scoring line in Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander and then a good shutdown line in Marleau-Kadri-Brown. Switch leivo and Johnsson around though (Johnsson shoots left, and Leivo shoots right)
Really like this lineup too. I think it is best for team. But could see Babs putting good pro Marleau on 1st line to put his stamp on it. Either way it is a great lineup but Kappy Matty Nylander wow that is something special.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
Leivo - Lindholm - Brown
Ennis - Gauthier

Simple. Rotate Johnsson, Ennis and Leivo once in awhile. Gauthier as pure press box depth.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Leivo - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Ennis (Brown)

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

This is what I expect Babcock will do. Leivo would join Goat in the press box if Babcock believes Ennis can play on the left side.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

This is what I expect Babcock will do. Leivo would join Goat in the press box if Babcock believes Ennis can play on the left side.

This is what I’m expecting but I think Babs will play Ennis over Leivo (as much as I don’t like it)

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown

Yeah I think this is what Babcock would do. I think Leivo is someone who can benefit a ton playing with more skilled players as evidenced when he played with Ennis so I personally don't like him on a line with Lindholm and Brown, our 2 least offensively skilled players. I guess Brown is too valuable defensively for him to sit instead of Ennis. Cause Leivo-Lindholm-Ennis could be a good line.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Kapanen is playing great, going at a 30+ goal pace . . .so I really don't see Babcock moving him back to Kadri's line.

The lesser of two evils will be what I think he goes with - put Kadri back with Marleau and Brown, and hopefully they find the easy match-ups after the first two lines slaughter the opposition.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Ennis - Marleau - Leivo

Reactions: LeafGrief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad