Line Combos: With A Healthy Forward Corps Now (sans Kozun), What Line Combos Do You Expect To See?

Hocks95*

Guys Smith is a 4th line penalty killer and he's much better at that than clarkson is. A guy like Smith is crucial yall just want to see him score hattricks and shi*. And yes smith has scored in the NHL. Yall just want scoring scoring scoring.

I'd have Smith and his amazing pk skills over clarkson any day. What's he done to be here instead of Panik? Not much really but you need a strong defensive 4th line and Panik was the odd man out.

Question remains what the living hell has Booth done to get a spot over ANYONE???
He's the one that should be scratched.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
Now That We're Healthy...

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Holland - Clarkson
Komarov - Kadri - Santorelli
Booth - Winnik - Panik

?

Hocks95*

yea no neither bozak nor jvr shud be with kessel

id go jvr - bozak - clarkson/anyone not kessel

swint

Nov 16, 2014
yea no neither bozak nor jvr shud be with kessel

id go jvr - bozak - clarkson/anyone not kessel

If only you could predict when those guys are gonna show up to play together. Some nights JVR-Bozak-Kessel look like the best line in the league other nights they look absolutely terrible. Frustrating.

Hocks95*

If only you could predict when those guys are gonna show up to play together. Some nights JVR-Bozak-Kessel look like the best line in the league other nights they look absolutely terrible. Frustrating.

tell me bout it. I think it's a psychological thing. Bozak doesn't have the level of confidence when playing with not only kessel but JVR also. He just feels like Kessel is GOAT and dishes him the puck all the time. When he's not with Kessel he has some confidence in himself because he's not with an elite player. JVR gets in some very lazy habits playing with Kessel.

When we did JVR - Bozak - Clarkson it looked pretty damn good.

I don't know why we can't go back to that.

Hocks95*

and potentially put kadri with kessel. They seem to work well together. idk.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
tell me bout it. I think it's a psychological thing. Bozak doesn't have the level of confidence when playing with not only kessel but JVR also. He just feels like Kessel is GOAT and dishes him the puck all the time. When he's not with Kessel he has some confidence in himself because he's not with an elite player. JVR gets in some very lazy habits playing with Kessel.

When we did JVR - Bozak - Clarkson it looked pretty damn good.

I don't know why we can't go back to that.

Just don't know how I feel about Leo and Naz playing with Kessel. I feel like Santa does a very under-appreciated amount of dirty work in order to complete that line.. something Phil would not be able to replicate.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Leo - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Clarkson
JVR - Holland - Santo
Winnik - Smith - Panik

Extra: Kozun, Booth

That's what I would try until Lupul get his leg under him again. Then maybe flip all of the LWers.

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Santorelli - Holland - Clarkson
Winnik - Smith - Booth

swint

Nov 16, 2014
Something else I just thought up:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Booth
Komarov - Santa - Clarkson
Winnik - Holland - Panik

Hocks95*

Just don't know how I feel about Leo and Naz playing with Kessel. I feel like Santa does a very under-appreciated amount of dirty work in order to complete that line.. something Phil would not be able to replicate.

very much agreed. Doesn't have to be Leo there. Could go Winnik/Santorelli - Kadri - Kessel.
Then maybe JVR - Bozak - Clarkson
Something else I just thought up:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Booth
Komarov - Santa - Clarkson
Winnik - Holland - Panik

yea this looks pretty good as well. I don't know if we should have Booth on the second line and Holland as a centre. He's very incompetent at faceoffs which is a problem. Maybe swap Booth with Holland and then have Winnik centre the 4th line idk.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
very much agreed. Doesn't have to be Leo there. Could go Winnik/Santorelli - Kadri - Kessel.
Then maybe JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

yea this looks pretty good as well. I don't know if we should have Booth on the second line and Holland as a centre. He's very incompetent at faceoffs which is a problem. Maybe swap Booth with Holland and then have Winnik centre the 4th line idk.

Just an experiment as Booth was once a 30 goal, 60 point player on a very poor Florida Panthers team in a top 6 role. He has been a band-aid since then but I think its worth a shot (ie. Mason Raymond)

Hocks95*

Just an experiment as Booth was once a 30 goal, 60 point player on a very poor Florida Panthers team in a top 6 role. He has been a band-aid since then but I think its worth a shot (ie. Mason Raymond)

fair enough.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

I think thats why it could be a good idea to split them up at even strength and put them with some more consistent players.

Komarov-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-Santorelli
Lupul-Holland-Clarkson
Booth-Winnik-Panik

Is an interesting line combo in my books. Komarov/Santorelli help improve the top two lines defensively/possession-wise, Lupul provides a veteran scoring presence alongside Holland, and the 4th line is definitely capable of 10+ minutes a night.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
I think thats why it could be a good idea to split them up at even strength and put them with some more consistent players.

Komarov-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Bozak-Santorelli
Lupul-Holland-Clarkson
Booth-Winnik-Panik

Is an interesting line combo in my books. Komarov/Santorelli help improve the top two lines defensively/possession-wise, Lupul provides a veteran scoring presence alongside Holland, and the 4th line is definitely capable of 10+ minutes a night.

I like the looks of that, I'm just concerned about breaking up the chemistry between Komarov and Santa.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Hard to really come up with line combos because of how inconsistent the lines look from one game to the next. I like

Komarov Kadri Kessel
JVR Bozak Clarkson
Lupul Holland Santorelli
Booth Winnik Panik

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
The forwards group looks quite healthy and it seems like we might be able to roll 4 good, quality lines. What lines would you like to see? What lines do you think Randy will conjure up? He generally likes wingers playing their natural side.

Guys that can play center (with # of faceoffs taken, FO%):
Bozak (490, 57.1%),
Kadri (329, 49.8%),
Holland (209, 44.0%),
Santorelli (97, 47.4%),
Komarov (90, 53.3%),
Winnik (79, 50.6%)

Forwards and handedness:
Bozak R
Clarkson R
Frattin R
Kessel R
Leivo R
Lupul R
Santorelli R

Booth L
Holland L
JVR L
Kadri L
Komarov L
Panik L
Smith L
Winnik L

Holland - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Santorelli
JVR - Komarov - Booth
Winnik - Smith - Clarkson

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Komarov
Santorelli-Holland-Clarkson
Booth-Smith-Winnik

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Top line is struggling to produce recently ... But with Kadri playing well with Komarov and Santo:

JVR - Holland - Kessel
Komarov - Kadri - Santorelli
Lupul - Bozak - Clarkson
Booth/Panik - Smith - Winnik

Phaneuf - Franson
Rielly - Holzer
Gardiner - Robidas

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Komo - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Lupul