Line Combos: With A Healthy Forward Corps Now (sans Kozun), What Line Combos Do You Expect To See?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Why, they're only three points behind last year's pace! Good one, Randy!!!

#CarlYOLO :laugh:

Still pigeonholes Clarkson onto the 2nd line even though he's at his best on the 3rd. I'd actually like to see Santa on Kadri's wing, see what he can do on the 2nd line.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
#CarlYOLO :laugh:

Still pigeonholes Clarkson onto the 2nd line even though he's at his best on the 3rd. I'd actually like to see Santa on Kadri's wing, see what he can do on the 2nd line.

Why don't you watch the games then? Santa has been on Kadri's wing that last few of them.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I like it.

Carlyle has done a great job getting this team into a playoff position.
Truth.

Also I thank that our Lupul or Booth will explode tomorrow. I don't know wich one.. but somebody will. They want to show the repertuar after the return, so anything can happen really.

I thank we might get the next game if phaneuf plays smart.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think this team has put the past behind them and all is well they will simply be ok with randy and all the rest and contend for the cup.

You guys are delusional if you believe that.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Those lines are fine stop freaking out everyone. Lupul will move up in time obviously. Good balance in my opinion.

Once Lupul returns to Kadri's wing, Winnik will go to the 4th line and Komarov back to the 3rd with Clarkson and Holland.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Those lines are fine stop freaking out everyone. Lupul will move up in time obviously. Good balance in my opinion.

Once Lupul returns to Kadri's wing, Winnik will go to the 4th line and Komarov back to the 3rd with Clarkson and Holland.

I don't think reuniting Lupul with Kadri is a great idea. They showed very little chemistry before he got hurt and were ineffective for most of the second half last season. I'd like to see if JVR and Kadri can find some chemistry and see if Lupul, Bozie, and Kessel can still be a force.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Clarkson 6 goals > Everyone, but Kessel, JVR and Bozak.

Everyone here should know points aren't everything.

Anyways Clarkson has 2 more goals than Panik despite playing more than 6min/game (149 minutes) compared to Panik.

Why isn't Winnik-Kadri-Lupul reunited? That was our best line when Lupul was healthy. Over 65% CF when together!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think its time for the Leafs to trade Lupul. They were pretty much the same team without him, he isn't making the team any better or worse. Save that 5 million bucks

You aren't dealing Lupul without taking back a contract too. We'd save $2 million at most.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Booth - Bozak - JVR

Komarov - Holland - Clarkson

Santorelli- Winnik - Panik

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
What I would go with for Wednesday, 4 very capable lines and beat the Penguins with depth:

Winnik - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Lupul
Leo - Holland - Clarkson
Booth - Smith - Santo

Phaneuf - Franson
Rielly - Robidas
Gardiner - Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

Winnik on the 1st line???? WTF!

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I would break up Lupul and Kadri. They can't play D when on the ice together

jvr - bozak -Kessel
Santa - kadri - komorov
Winnik -holland -clarkson
Lupul - smith - booth

Smith is actually pretty decent especially on the 4th line. Smart player able to play 200 feet and with 2 good wingers could form a line that can get 10 mins a game.

Lupul will get this PP time so he could be up to 15 mins a game.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Randy not activating the blender yet after a 2 game bounce back.

Practice lines

JvR - Bozak - Kessel

Komarov - Kadri - Santorelli

Winnik - Holland - Clarkson

Booth - Smith - Lupul

Panik out man out. Kozun still skating but will probably be in the same position as Panik even when he is healthy.

Defence

Phaneuf - Franson

Rielly - Robidas

Gardiner - Holzer

Personally I would have liked to have seen Santorelli and Booth on the same line and see if they can maintain the chemistry they had in Florida in the 2010-2011 season and briefly last year with the Canucks before Santorelli got hurt, plus, I would put Lupul back on the Kessel line and flip Bozak-Kadri.

My Forward lines would be

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

Booth - Santorelli - Komarov

Winnik - Smith - Holland

But, we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

I don't get it. Lines should be, imo....

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JvR - Bozak - Clarkson
Winnik - Holland - Panik
Booth - Santa - Komo

That is 4 line you can role.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Winnik on the 1st line???? WTF!

It's called matching up with the most offensively dangerous team in the league.

I liked what they did in their short time together. Winnik has 9 points, is a +8, and had a big frame and can get to the net like JVR. Phil will score no matter what and still have JVR on the PP. Why not give Kadri some weapons and have an evenly distributed lineup?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I would play:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Clarkson
Komarov - Kadri - Panik
Booth - Santa - Winnik

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Smith should go back to AHL, they need him a lot more than we do. Put Panik in.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would play:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Clarkson
Komarov - Kadri - Panik
Booth - Santa - Winnik

Really, I would play all lines quite equally and try this:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Panik
Komarov-Holland-Clarkson
Booth-Santorelli-Winnik

But I would rotate lines to find chemistry. That top line has worked. The third line has worked. The bottom line will probably gel quite well, and if not, try Holland there. Kadri should make Lupul marketable, and Panik is a pretty good player to try on the second line with Kadri and Lupul. What a pick up I will say.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Really, I would play all lines quite equally and try this:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Panik
Komarov-Holland-Clarkson
Booth-Santorelli-Winnik

But I would rotate lines to find chemistry. That top line has worked. The third line has worked. The bottom line will probably gel quite well, and if not, try Holland there. Kadri should make Lupul marketable, and Panik is a pretty good player to try on the second line with Kadri and Lupul. What a pick up I will say.

Like the idea of trying Panik on the 2nd line. He in my opinion is on the same level of Holland tbh. I would keep him around to see what he's got.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I would try this:

Komorov - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bozak - Lupul
Winnk - Holland - Clarkson
Booth - Santorelli - Panik/Leivo/Kozun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad