Line Combos: With A Healthy Forward Corps Now (sans Kozun), What Line Combos Do You Expect To See?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Tuesday's practice lines.

Randy not activating the blender yet after a 2 game bounce back.

Practice lines

JvR - Bozak - Kessel

Komarov - Kadri - Santorelli

Winnik - Holland - Clarkson

Booth - Smith - Lupul

Panik out man out. Kozun still skating but will probably be in the same position as Panik even when he is healthy.

Defence

Phaneuf - Franson

Rielly - Robidas

Gardiner - Holzer

Personally I would have liked to have seen Santorelli and Booth on the same line and see if they can maintain the chemistry they had in Florida in the 2010-2011 season and briefly last year with the Canucks before Santorelli got hurt, plus, I would put Lupul back on the Kessel line and flip Bozak-Kadri.

My Forward lines would be

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

JVR - Bozak - Clarkson

Booth - Santorelli - Komarov

Winnik - Smith - Holland

But, we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
That fourth line will not see more than 5 minutes for the first few games.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
What I would go with for Wednesday, 4 very capable lines and beat the Penguins with depth:

Winnik - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Lupul
Leo - Holland - Clarkson
Booth - Smith - Santo

Phaneuf - Franson
Rielly - Robidas
Gardiner - Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Panik > Clarkson

not sure yet about that but agree, he has earned a shot to see what he can do in a top 6 or PP role, at the very least 3rd line with some time.

I love both of them but I would be happy to see Winnik and Komarov slot down and be fresh for PK so that youth like Panik/Holland/Kadri can get a chance up - Clarkson could move down too. If you want an older guy to move up I would rather see Santorelli up, Booth will need a look but he can prove himself first.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I think its time for the Leafs to trade Lupul. They were pretty much the same team without him, he isn't making the team any better or worse. Save that 5 million bucks

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I wouldn't worry about it. They're coming off back to back wins and Carlyle didn't want to change the top 3 lines. The combo's will probably change before the end of the game.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
So in typical Leaf fashion, David "I won't be here next year" Booth will get a spot over guys like Panik, so that in theory, there's a better shot at making the playoffs

Then he'll walk at the end of the year for nothing along with Santorelli/Franson/Winnik

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I don't see the point of keeping smith in the lineup when you can use 3 of our wingers to take draws. Panik has 4 goals in limited minutes. Would like to see him develop .

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So in typical Leaf fashion, David "I won't be here next year" Booth will get a spot over guys like Panik, so that in theory, there's a better shot at making the playoffs

Then he'll walk at the end of the year for nothing along with Santorelli/Franson/Winnik

That's not exclusive to the Leafs, all Teams would bring an injured vet back into the lineup once they are healthy.

Lots of season left, other guys will get hurt and everyone who needs to, will get games in.

I wouldn't worry about Panik, they won't forget about him.

CalgaryLeaf*

It would be idiotic to place Lupul on the 4th line...He's the Leafs 2nd or 3rd best forward IMO. If that's Randy's way to ease him back in OK,but he won't be there very long...1/2 a period maybe?...lol

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lupul should be back on line 1 within 3 games trying to pad his stats for trade ASAP

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'd say it's only a matter of time before Smith is sent down to the Marlies, as he should be, thus clearing up a spot for Panik. At that point I'd like to (Realistically) see:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komarov-Kadri-Lupul
Winnik-Holland-Panik
Booth-Santorelli-Clarkson

Think that would have the lines be decently even. Booth and Santorelli have a good amount of experience together so I'd like to see them together.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I like it.

Carlyle has done a great job getting this team into a playoff position.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lupul should not be on the same line as Kessel, they're both shooters.

Lupul was on Kessels line before we acquired jvr and he was producing a lot. Like kulemin before him too. Kessel is equally able to pass as he can shoot so it don't matter what he plays with.

officialmark*

Komarov - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
Lupul - Holland - Santorelli
Winnik - Smith - Booth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad